Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mysterious Mystery of the Codex Murders

Doktor Best

Arcane
I think 9 is too few. We will most likely be killed off/kill the murderers before the game gets interesting.

Tigranes

Arcane
1 infected to start & 1 infection per night can work quite well, especially if you throw in a vigilante (can kill one person once in game FOR JUSTICE). But yes, let's wait and see if we can get 11 people. SIGNUP

Doktor Best

Arcane
So infected mode will be like "the thing"? With doppelgangers replacing the normal players round per round?

Tigranes

Arcane
The way I've done it / played it in the past is - let's say, for simplicity, zombie infection. Nevill is the zombie. Night 1, he infects somebody - who henceforth joins him as a zombie. The zombies can only infect one person a night, and the game ends when all remaining players are turned into zombies. The added fun is that someone who seems clearly innocent from one day might have been turned the next, so it's harder to 'close in'.

The innocent side typically needs slightly more firepower to avoid a quick majority-zombie scenario. Sometimes this means the priest gets the power to disinfect someone if they guess the right guy, and/or a vigilante killer who can try and take out a zombie based on information he/she has, etc.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do zombies know who other zombies are? Else how do they infect?

And if they do, how does this 'disinfect' power work? Doesn't if remove all the intrigue?

I can see it working with a priest preventing the infection and a vigilante being able to kill a person every night. With the innocents working as killers, I guess it is feasible they have a chance, but they still should be overrun in three-four nights in the majority of cases. The pool of suspects drops, but the pool of guilty grows. That's a totally different dynamics from the original game.

Tigranes

Arcane
Zombies will always know each other, yes. In my experience the best set of innocent powers are a preventer-priest and a vigilante. But we could also do a Standard Run again. Anyway, what we need is more players.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom