Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The multiverse beckons you riftwalker. How will you answer its call?

m4davis

Scholar
D

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Gee, the hivemind is apparently a really fucking lousy smuggler, we keep getting into torture chambers. Conclusion: the hivemind has a low WIS score, needs additional protection against mind-affecting spells (tinfoil hat recommended?).

Let's see:
A)…convince him that you can get him an expert from another parallel, or some information about the ruins. Get back to Ajax and explain the whole situation.

Wait, what? If we can get away from this shitty parallel, why in the world would we go back? Ok, to get our precious container and Paul - I'm sure Ajax will be just thrilled with the developments and would love nothing more than to help us recover the smuggling goods we've managed to get impounded :roll:

B)…open the container for him. They can take its contents in exchange for your and Paul’s freedom, as long as they let you have it and your devices and weapons. You will try to get in touch with one of your black market contacts afterwards to get new goods.

Yes, because after giving them the means and the power, they will consider us their best pal ever and will merrily send us away with a friendly slap on the shoulder; I mean, they seem ok, I'm sure they won't just take the goods and shoot us dead once we're of no use to them... Heracles is a salesman and could make it work, but the mark is a nutcase and something tells me he won't be a good negotiation target without further "softening".

C)…play along with Mr. Floyd, claim you are an alien. Make something up as to the purpose of the devices, convince him to let you become a mole and work for him.

And the nutcase barbarian will be really happy and totally not torture us to find the "real" conspiracy, after all he really likes and believes what we've told him so far, right?

D)…convince him to let you see some of the “alien” items. Scan them for him.

And what exactly will this achieve? Maybe we'll convince him we've been saying the truth, maybe not... And if we do, where does that lead?

E)…convince him to let you use your RGM under some pretext. Attempt to escape using it.

Could work, if he's really stupid (he is). The thing is, we would be leaving Paul behind and would have to run to Ajax for help... Again, hoping he'll be a good father figure and will clean up our mess for us.

F)…insist you know nothing more. Because that is the truth.

And this guy has devoted his life to finding the truth and will immediately recognize another truth-loving bro and let us go? Not likely.

G)…refuse to say anything at all not matter the circumstances.

i.e. Spend a long and unknown period of time being his prisoner, and hope they'll let you go / somebody will rescue you one of these years? If all goes well, Heracles might even not rot to death in a shitty prison :thumbsup:

So, yeah, tldr, D) and hope for the best :(

Cassidy

Arcane
Look on the other way: had the other parallel been chosen instead, with the luck of lately, Heracles would probably be heading for a one-way trip to an agonization chamber, courtesy of Atlantean agents.

Sometimes it's better to just make a change of plan. Fuck the Nazis, flee to another parallel while avoiding both Reich and Rome, find another customer, let the automatons do their shit. Because the way it's going, it's a matter of time before the deal with Ajax goes sour and shit goes down.

Therefore, I'm voting E as a chance to go independent again.

Unless he could somehow teleport Paul too... considering he just busted him out then, I think he'd be appreciative enough of his plans of getting the fuck out of this so far unprofitable mess.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Oh, I was rather hoping the situation could be salvaged. Ajax does offer immortality, after all. It would be unwise to discard the Reich until it could at least be confirmed whether or not it is possible for our protagonist to live forever.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Who said you have to say anything to Ajax other than "we got caught by natives by accident when I wanted to finish some stuff back in that parallel I was trapped in, they have Paul and they're thinking we're aliens". Now the question here is whether or not he will believe you given the circumstances and your past actions.

Although granted I should have given you an option to tell that to Osterhagen instead.

In fact I'll add that option to the list in case any of you think it's the best choice. You can of course flip-flop to other options as well if you want to.

EDIT:

Oh, I was rather hoping the situation could be salvaged. Ajax does offer immortality, after all. It would be unwise to discard the Reich until it could at least be confirmed whether or not it is possible for our protagonist to live forever.

Considering that the Reich is being ruled by the "Eternal Fuhrer and Reichskanzler" Adolf Hitler for 80 years now, it is possible. The question remains whether you can have enough influence or be useful enough to guarantee they give you access. That and if you can avoid getting killed while serving the Reich.

Kz3r0

Arcane
D)…convince him to let you see some of the “alien” items. Scan them for him

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
When he offers to trade they shoot but when he is in custody they tell him what they know. I guess Floyd really needs to feel safe and in control. I bet Paul is all gungho about not talking but he probably will if you leave him inside. How bad would that be?

Hellraiser

Arcane
2.18 Garage sale trinkets

”Well Mr. Anders,” agent Floyd calls you by the fake name you told him, “is there anything more you want to tell me, or will I need to get my hands wet?”

As much as you would just love to punch the savage in the face, he has the upper hand here. Perhaps helping him will somehow benefit you, if only by sparing you the torture. Maybe if the agent gave you back your scanner and allowed you to see some of the items in question. You could examine them a lot better than the natives ever could.

“I will think about it.” He coldly replies to your suggestion before leaving the room. Did it work? Or does he still plan to torture you…

You haven’t seen or heard from Michael for quite some time, another agent brought you food and water a few times. It may have been two or three days, judging by the amount of meals they gave you, since your last chat with Mr. Floyd. For some reason you feel a bit sleepy and you can swear you have a few cuts and scratches which you didn’t a few days ago.

Finally the door of your cell opens, in the light coming from the outside, you see three armed men. “Come with us Mr. Anders.” One of them says, while holding a pair of earmuffs and a blindfold in his hands. “Agent Floyd wants to see you.”

Eventually they take off all the headgear and you can once again see and hear what is going on. Agent Floyd and one other man, who looks like an old veteran, are waiting for you. You are inside another bland-looking room, the only furniture in it are a single table, three chairs and two metal crates. The stranger gazes at you suspiciously. “So that is the guy you caught?” He asks. “The one claiming to be from another universe? “

“Yes Sir, that’s the guy.” Floyd replies.

“Are you sure he’s human?”

“Not yet Sir, tissue and blood samples are still being analyzed.”

Wait, did these savages get samples off you while you were sleeping or something? Did they put drugs into your food?

“That is none of your concern Mr. Anders.” The old man barks at you. Well clearly you couldn’t expect savages to treat their prisoners with dignity.

“If I had my way, you would have been thoroughly dissected by now.” He claims while coldly staring into your eyes. “So be glad that you’re still alive.”

Michael approaches a large metal crate which is standing in the center of the room, he enters a combination and opens it. Inside is your scanner, but not just your scanner. The laspistol is there as well, as is the stun rod you took from your container, when you opened it to check if the goods are still there before transiting to this parallel. Your toolkit is also there. All of those secured in transparent hermetic containers.

The agent picks up the scanner and closes the crate. Afterwards he opens a second crate, inside of it are carefully preserved and stored “alien” artifacts. He carefully opens three of the containers and places their contents on the table, which is covered by some sort of special mat. A moment later he picks up your scanner, fortunately he’s wearing gloves so he won’t stain the screen with his greasy barbarian fingers. He gives places it in front of you.

“The second you try anything suspicious or sudden I will shoot you.” The veteran warns you as he places his hand around his gun.

“Hopefully you will behave peacefully, won’t you Jonathan?” Michael asks in a smug tone, the savage is clearly enjoying annoying you. “Now please, scan this for us and show us that you actually are useful and willing to cooperate.” He takes off the restraints from your hands.

You look at the artifacts as you start scanning them. One of them is a piece of plating, possibly some kind of armor. The scan reveals something interesting, it’s a complex metamaterial-quantumtronic mesh, “smart armor” as they call it in the Atlantean Army. Probably military issue ground vehicle plating. Judging by all the gadgetry weaved into the thing, it also has optical camouflage capability. Did the savages blow up an "alien" tank or something?

The second artifact is a slightly charred cluster of opaque brown-red crystal-like object with a few tunnels in them. But the scan indicates it is far more than a fancy bunch of crystals fused together. The inside of the cluster is a familiar structure surrounded by complex quantumtronics, it’s a small fusion reactor. Most likely a part of a bigger device, judging by its size it could have been used to power a heavy laser weapon, RGM or a vehicle.

Finally you scan the last artifact, a crimson rectangular strip with an odd rugged surface. You recognize the structures hidden just beneath its surface, it appears to be some kind of neural interface device linked to a small radio transmitter and quantumtronic cluster. Not unlike a neural collar used in Atlantis, but it looks a lot more complex. Perhaps it is used to guide something remotely with just thoughts? Either way it is a piece of technology banned in Atlantis ever since the automaton revolt.

The old man and the agent have watched your every move closely. “So what did you discover Jonathan?” Floyd asks with curiosity. “That device of your definitely did something, I hope you will tell us something useful for a change.”

You will…
1)…tell them everything you learned and know but do nothing else. See what else they want.
2)…lie that one of the devices is an active quantum entanglement transmitter. One which is broadcasting something, possibly your location or your conversation to somebody.
3)…attempt to convince one of them to put the neural interface device on their neck’s back.
4)…attempt to convince them to let you use the neural interface device.
5)…lie that these are organic devices and you need Paul’s help and his scanner.
6)…distract them with technobabble and attempt to grab the old man’s gun. Use it to try to kill them both and attempt to break out of here.
7)…tell them nothing. Remain silent and see what they will do about it.

Vote now.

Dim

Actually tell them somethings honest first? Maybe butter them up as long as they are sure you are a person of interest. But maybe playing stupid has advantage? look like a coward if too much is told.
5) first then?

I can only see three exits, trade, trick or shoot. shoot seems hard with the vet and the whole secure complex thing. trade will have them try to wheedle out your whole inventory. ofc we could stay as their new tech.

Zwist

Learned
I cant shake the feeling that they know what at least one of those devices is. And that they are testing us.
So 1.
Although 4 is rather tempting, just to see what happens.

Dim

Please don't pick #1 unless you think there will be info to manipulate later. Tell them something not everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom