Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 181 24.5%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 210 28.4%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Plodding slowly through MM1. Prison is done, as far as I can tell, and I've finally gotten some equipment for my characters. What a delight it is to have the cleric heal spell not depend on a die roll for a change. It's the little things.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The passwords can be found on bones (one letter at a time)
You should check your auto notes, it's probably there if you checked every bone pile.

A...., T...., K...., O...a
As already said, it's greek

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Outdoors maps are really kicking my ass. Poison is basically a death sentence. I'm absolutely loving MM1 so far, glad I was convinced to go back to it.
25sanna.jpg
2ez4t2s.jpg

The older I get, the less effort I put into naming my party. We're down to one in-joke, the rest are themed so I know which is which, lol

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Which game would you recommend to start with the series, pre MM6?

It seems that MM4-5 is the most polished but maybe people prefer to start with another previous entry.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Either Terra or the first. Once you start with Xeen, you don't want to go back to Terra, but if you start with Terra you get another game that has more content and improved upon the same style, or you could start properly with M&M1 and see how the whole series developed

Last edited:

Humppaleka

Cipher
I started with M&M1, didn't have the guts to quite finish it but I am a history junkie when it comes to game series and find it fascinating to see how the series developed. It sure gives perspective and is a big part of the old roleplaying scene.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Matador
Depends on how much you miss blobbers.
I think Terra is the right place to start.

But if you're not afraid of video games archeology and very hungry (take a look at some screen shoots first), you could start with M&M 1 and play them all ! (I never touched M&M 1 or 2)

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Apparently, the feminist utopia of Portsmith is infested by street-roaming troglodytes, hostile on sight. This game sure was ahead of its time...

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Matador
Depends on how much you miss blobbers.
I think Terra is the right place to start.

But if you're not afraid of video games archeology and very hungry (take a look at some screen shoots first), you could start with M&M 1 and play them all ! (I never touched M&M 1 or 2)

I think I'll go with MM3.

Eggs is eggs

Learned
If you want a Wizardry/Bards Tale style then I would start with 2. It's really fun, just dated. If not, start with 3.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Does Part VII still hold up? Looked the most fun for me and I liked what I've seen from the character-creation and the premise for the story. Will I only grind or can I hope for a few riddles too?

Eggs is eggs

Learned
I played 2 with a new party as well. The first MM I played was 3 I think and then I played, 4 5 and 6. Later on I went back to 1 and 2. 1 I couldn't get into the first one. Bad graphics and no automap, plus the game felt really dry. However, 2 was a ton of fun.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
How does levitate spell works in WOX? I cast it on the roof of witches the tower, tried cloud walking and fell down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom