Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck all that, tell me about the ROMANCE!!!!!!
The SUV is probably romanceable.

Leaked cutscene from ME4

car-sex-o.gif

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would agree but ME went so much down the hill after the first one that I prefer generic fantasy crap #23414 over sci-fi romancing simulator 2015 actually :?

Angthoron

Arcane

Leaked cutscene from ME4

car-sex-o.gif
Leaked dialogue, too:

Prot_Male: Mako, we've been through so much together recently...
Mako: ...
Prot_Male: I've grown to appreciate you for more than what you appear. You're loyal, reliable, robust - a great soldier. You always have my back.
Prot_Male: When we raided that Mako factory I thought I'd lost you for a moment. The way that engineer that designed you shot that AP rocket at your rear tire... You were in stitches for days.
Prot_Male: And while I was chainging your oil, and replacing your batteries, my hands running over your angular features, I realized...
Prot_Male: I want to be inside you, you know? Not like always. For real.
Mako: Oh make love to me Shepard.
[Cue shower sex scene]

bat_boro

Arcane
So how many gay/tranny/bi companions will be there this time? I hope Bioware goes for 100% just for the lulz

racofer

Thread Incliner

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Mass effect 4, what we know so far

That it will offer the Codex another 300 pages of lulz,rage,hate,butthurt and schadenfreude

Leaked cutscene from ME4

car-sex-o.gif
Leaked dialogue, too:

Prot_Male: Mako, we've been through so much together recently...
Prot_Male: I've grown to appreciate you for more than what you appear. You're loyal, reliable, robust - a great soldier. You always have my back.
Prot_Male: When we raided that Mako factory I thought I'd lost you for a moment. The way that engineer that designed you shot that AP rocket at your rear tire... You were in stitches for days.
Prot_Male: And while I was chainging your oil, and replacing your batteries, my hands running over your angular features, I realized...
Prot_Male: I want to be inside you, you know? Not like always. For real.
Mako: Oh make love to me Shepard.
[Cue shower car wash sex scene]

Fixed for accuracy

Last edited:

polo

Magister
Really enjoyed the first one, played through the 2nd one. Was able to bare 1 hour of the 3rd, not going anywhere near this one.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Aaaaand some butthurt mod merged it all into the megathread. Because we all looooove megathreads. Nothing like sifting through 500 pages to find that one topic among dozens you wanted to read. I could've sworn DU told you all to stop fucking merging everything in sight months ago.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
And what was all that shit about the ME3 ending about? Was it tarded? Did the fans wanted it tarded? Was it made tarded through the community outry?
Even the fans mostly hated it. Bioware had promised that the game would have many endings, depending on the player's action throughout the series. Instead we can choose from 3 variations of the same ending.

It starts with a ghost kid showing up to explain that he created the reapers, so that they would destroy organic races before they could create synthetic races that would destroy them. Yes, really. He created a synthetic race that would destroy the organic races before they could creates s satagfdagta afh gajag

Anyway, you then get to choose between controlling the reapers, destroying them, or merging organic and synthetic life. This determines the color of the wave of energy that sweeps through the galaxy and does whatever. For some reason, Shepard dies in the process. After the outcry from players, Bioware changed the ending to give you a fourth option: just fucking kill yourself without giving the idiot ghost boy the satisfaction of forcing you into a choice. This is considered an improvement.

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh come on, Megathreads suck and are impossible to follow :(
We want to watch a beautiful young thread grow big and strong and old, and instead someone just removed its organs and implanted them into this shambling monstrosity :(

imweasel

So how many gay/tranny/bi companions will be there this time? I hope Bioware goes for 100% just for the lulz
I wouldn't be surprised if the story is about the intergalactic LGBTX* agenda TBH. Oh and Mako romance too of course.

*(X = Xenophilia)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The Mako looked a lot less floaty in their demo reel than what I remember the ME1 being like. If they nail the vehicle sections and add some actual meat to the exploration instead of a height map with 2 copypastaed bunkers for a planet, it could be pretty decent. And getting away from the shepards/reapers idiocy could help as well. I remember enjoying ME1 well enough back when the setting was new(ish) and biotic powers could toss furniture around alongside bodies.

It's sad really. If Bioware dumped all the LBGTQFODMNWetc pandering and romances and focused on delivering a space opera that wasn't necessairely "YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE, SAVE THE WORLD!", it could be fun. Personally I'd like to see the timeline rolled back to just after the end of the terran-turian war, with you staking out claims for HUMANITY now that you've made the turrurists your bitches.

Also, bring back weapon heat a la ME 1 and dump the universal clips and scale up the damage and accuracy (not hp) of enemies so you have to use companion powers intelligently if you don't want to get shredded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom