Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

pippin

That happens because they don't know any better. One of them mentions D:OS, but I think they would be very happy playing Ultima 7 or Arkania games.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As much as I love to bash on Bioware, I think you're all greatly misunderestimating Bioware's creativity level. The alien boinkahontus won't be blue or green - those've been done to death. No, they'll be pink.

And they will have a totem animal. And shapeshift at will.
It will be a struggle between a multi-billion-credit company hiring a bunch of mercs to take over a lush planet, rich with energy to exploit and is in the center of a 3 way contest of super powers.
Only with the help of the player can the Soularians survive this conflict and find their place in the Galaxy.
If they can shapeshift into Scarett Johanson would bang 10/10 :D

They can, and they do, but they retain their original species' 23-inches, bone-ribbed dick. Would you, then?

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
It is no longer Scarlett Johanson than, is it?

Well, how do you know? Have you actually felt the real S.J. up? For all we know, she might have a dick.
There are naked scenes from a movie of her. She has none :P

Ever heard of post-production? XD
Now you are reaching. Don't try to cover your internal struggle between your homosexuality and your wants for SJ this way. Release yourself and be free.

Soph

Educated
I don't think one guy on Neogaf spending 100+ hours of time on ME will make the whole community there a pile of crap. Sure they are more AAA focussed, but they ain't THAT bad. I do however hate their orgasm topics about shit like The Last of Us which is a good "rpg" according to some of them and totally the "best game of all time".

Bah, it's disgusting. I do however also remember posts bashing DA:O and Mass Effect 3 on Neogaf. It's a huge community, probably at least 10 times as large as our little abode here. Don't judge them on a few posts, they are pretty swell compared to shitholes like twitter, youtube, reddit and 4chan. Also, there's people spending their whole life on facebook "rpg" so why are we surprised?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I cannot imagine how anyone could like shardism. It's like the very definition of un-game. Collecting for the sake of collecting without any or with negligable profit. And it grows larger and larger with each game.

Zeriel

Arcane
I cannot imagine how anyone could like shardism. It's like the very definition of un-game. Collecting for the sake of collecting without any or with negligable profit. And it grows larger and larger with each game.

This is why I despise it. I'm an autistic retard who will collect 1,000 herpdongs if they increase my power by 1%, but fucking nothing? I think I even understand the design impulse around it. Some guy at Ubisoft is like: "Oh man, people are complaining that they feel obligated to do all these side activities. How can we fix this? I know, let's make them offer absolutely no rewards!"

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Pool's closed
8vzQRD3.png

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
As much as I love to bash on Bioware, I think you're all greatly misunderestimating Bioware's creativity level. The alien boinkahontus won't be blue or green - those've been done to death. No, they'll be pink.

And they will have a totem animal. And shapeshift at will.
It will be a struggle between a multi-billion-credit company hiring a bunch of mercs to take over a lush planet, rich with energy to exploit and is in the center of a 3 way contest of super powers.
Only with the help of the player can the Soularians survive this conflict and find their place in the Galaxy.
If they can shapeshift into Scarett Johanson would bang 10/10 :D

They can, and they do, but they retain their original species' 23-inches, bone-ribbed dick. Would you, then?

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
It is no longer Scarlett Johanson than, is it?

Well, how do you know? Have you actually felt the real S.J. up? For all we know, she might have a dick.
There are naked scenes from a movie of her. She has none :P

Ever heard of post-production? XD
Now you are reaching. Don't try to cover your internal struggle between your homosexuality and your wants for SJ this way. Release yourself and be free.

Uhm, not really sure what you mean. I guess I'll have to ask urmom.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not that anyone much cares, but apparently the next location of the Mass Effect games is the Andromeda Galaxy.

Wasn't expecting that one.

pippin

Well they already stated there will be nothing from the original trilogy in ME4.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well they already stated there will be nothing from the original trilogy in ME4.

Now we'll never know what Tali's sweat tastes like.

EDIT:

Ostensibly the plot asserts the protagonist is some kind of "pathfinder" who is supposed to lead a human colony ship to expand humanity's presence in the universe; you have to pursue alien technology and establish relations with native Andromedeans in the cluster of solar systems you've been sent to.

I suspect the game takes place so far into the future that Green Ending has happened no matter what, since Star Child claimed that it was inevitable that organics would become partly synthetic due to the nature of evolution in the Mass Effect universe.

Last edited:

pippin

EDIT:

Ostensibly the plot asserts the protagonist is some kind of "pathfinder" who is supposed to lead a human colony ship to expand humanity's presence in the universe; you have to pursue alien technology and establish relations with native Andromedeans in the cluster of solar systems you've been sent to.

I suspect the game takes place so far into the future that Green Ending has happened no matter what, since Star Child claimed that it was inevitable that organics would become partly synthetic due to the nature of evolution in the Mass Effect universe.

Your guess seems to be true IIRC.
And also during a scene with drunk Tali she says something like "it tastes like sweat, why whould you even ask that?".

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

EDIT:

This actually sounds interesting. Why is BioWare in charge of Mass Effect? :(

Diablo169

Arcane
It sounds interesting but it probably won't be. The exploration and path finding will be implemented in the most boring way. I'm thinking galactic readiness rating or the war table in Dragon Age Inquisition.

pippin

It wouldn't be teh first Bioware game to sound amazing on paper yet bullshit on practice. The only thing we got from ME Trilogy's space exploration was a childish joke about probing Uranus.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2015/06/bioware-mass-effect-4-will-not-be-a-prequel-or-a-sequel/

In the weeks leading up to E3 2015, Bioware has confirmed that the next Mass Effect game will not be a prequel or a sequel.

The confirmation comes in the form of a twitter response by Chris Wynn, Mass Effect 4’s Senior Development Director, to a fan asking whether the game would be a prequel or a sequel to the already released titles. Wynn responded:

@Thatlobsterman not a prequel, not necessarily a sequel either.

— Chris Wynn (@The1Wynn) June 1, 2015

The title not being a prequel is self explanatory, but the “not necessarily a sequel” part could mean a number of things. The game could be an interquel, or, as some fans have theorized, this could Wynn saying that the Mass Effect title will be a stand-alone sequel that doesn’t follow up on Commander Shepard’s story from the original trilogy.​

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Good, that it's independent of the other 3 parts. Couldn't make myself interested in this corridor shooter.
Also I hope it features 1st person view. The shoulder perspective makes me cringe.

Lios

Cipher
It wouldn't be teh first Bioware game to sound amazing on paper yet bullshit on practice. The only thing we got from ME Trilogy's space exploration was a childish joke about probing Uranus.

this.

pippin

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2015/06/bioware-mass-effect-4-will-not-be-a-prequel-or-a-sequel/

In the weeks leading up to E3 2015, Bioware has confirmed that the next Mass Effect game will not be a prequel or a sequel.

The confirmation comes in the form of a twitter response by Chris Wynn, Mass Effect 4’s Senior Development Director, to a fan asking whether the game would be a prequel or a sequel to the already released titles. Wynn responded:

@Thatlobsterman not a prequel, not necessarily a sequel either.

— Chris Wynn (@The1Wynn) June 1, 2015

The title not being a prequel is self explanatory, but the “not necessarily a sequel” part could mean a number of things. The game could be an interquel, or, as some fans have theorized, this could Wynn saying that the Mass Effect title will be a stand-alone sequel that doesn’t follow up on Commander Shepard’s story from the original trilogy.​

What a waste of bandwidth. One of the first things confirmed about ME4 is that it will have nothing to do with Shepard.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I wonder if this game will also let you craft and build things :D
At least it looks much nicer than F4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom