Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

dextermorgan

Arcane
So many delusional people in that last Bioware thread, It really is exactly like victims of spousal abuse desperately seeking ways to protect their abusers.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
I'm still baffled by the fact they hadn't decided the ending till the last months, especially with a long project like this. Then they talk all the marketing bullshit about 16 endings and all the other stuff till the very release date and let Final Hours app come out. Who the hell thought it would be good pr to give all the docs and videos about making the game, when it clearly was a complete clusterfuck?

hiver

ktKN8.gif

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
So many delusional people in that last Bioware thread, It really is exactly like victims of spousal abuse desperately seeking ways to protect their abusers.

They have been in an abusive relationship for years now. If they haven't jumped ship yet, we'll see them stumbling around for years to come. Their bruises will be hidden by turtleneck sweaters, and their black eyes will be explained by "walking into a door." It's sad, poignant and strangely soothing to see it play out like this. All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Frankly, I'm amazed by the moral cowardice displayed by a lot of the people upset by this. You're all happy to sit here and complain on an internet forum owned by the people who wronged you, but you're angered by the thought of someone taking concrete action against the company? Afraid of making them "dig in their heels;" terrified that we're going to upset them - you sound like someone in an abusive relationship, terrified that your abuser is going to get pissed off by someone in a grocery store and take it out on you at home.

I feel pretty bad for you, but the only one who can help you out of the relationship is you.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
And now, Dear Mr. Morgan, we wait. We wait for BSN to read any of those posts and go apeshit because you shouldn't make fun of spousal abuse. We all know it's coming.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I'm still baffled by the fact they hadn't decided the ending till the last months, especially with a long project like this. Then they talk all the marketing bullshit about 16 endings and all the other stuff till the very release date and let Final Hours app come out. Who the hell thought it would be good pr to give all the docs and videos about making the game, when it clearly was a complete clusterfuck?
Pretty much this. All the evidence should have been destroyed.

Gord

Arcane
Hey guys, enlighten me a bit, I have read several times now that the bad ending is (among other things) a result of the story leak.
I have not followed that story leak thing, so I'm in the dark on it, but did they decide to change the story so it would still be "new" on release or is this just passive-agressive "see what you get when you do stuff like that" behaviour from Bioware's part?

dextermorgan

Arcane
Thread locked and disappeared from topic list in the forum it was originally posted in.

"This forum is for registered owners of Mass Effect 3 to discuss the story and spoilers of Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect 3 registration is required to post in this forum, but all visitors may read."

Locked.

Link still works though. Someone should get this to that Forbes guy, it's right up his alley.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
L0L The anti BIO/endingd rones are pathetic. lawsuits? legal complaints? comaprinjg it to rape and spousal/child abuses? LMFAO

FFS

Even if we take what people say at face value and the ME3 ending is 'shit'; it's byf ar not the first horrible ending to a game. Get the fuck over it. FFS

Or not. Because, this is mighty hilariously entertaining! HAHAHAHA!

dextermorgan

Arcane
>>FFS<<

It's about false marketing and a customer being mature enough to exercise his right through proper channels rather than begging/promising to throw even more money at the company that deceived him, you fucking moron.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
No false marketing. Know your rules. Advertising is not about being taken things literally, you dumbshit. It's not about being mature. It's about going fukkin' overboard. If this were the case, I could so every company that has ever made a game, movie, book, or whatever. Hell, Troika owes me billions of dollars. FFS They fukkin' 'lied' their asses off. L0L

dextermorgan

Arcane
No false marketing. Know your rules. Advertising is not about being taken things literally, you dumbshit. It's not about being mature. It's about going fukkin' overboard. If this were the case, I could so every company that has ever made a game, movie, book, or whatever. Hell, Troika owes me billions of dollars. FFS They fukkin' 'lied' their asses off. L0L
You truly are as dumb as they come, aren't you? There's no thing such as false advertising because all advertising is not to be taken literally? WELL WE BEST LET THE FTC KNOW RIGHT AWAY. Going overboard? Fucking hilarious.

Developer says you get A, B, C with your product, you get none of that and that's a-ok?

Get your head out of your ass you stupid fuck.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You truly are as dumb as they come, aren't you? There's no thing such as false advertising because all advertising is not to be taken literally? WELL WE BEST LET THE FTC KNOW RIGHT AWAY. Going overboard? Fucking hilarious.

Developer says you get A, B, C with your product, you get none of that and that's a-ok?

Get your head out of your ass you stupid fuck.

Achievement Unlocked: Trolled by Volly

dextermorgan

Arcane
Just venting some of the anger accumulated by reading through that horrible, horrible thread. :smug:

I know what Pretty Princess is all about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom