Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How do i i kill Tali anyway.
Do i need to side with the Geth? I always like the Geth, and not just because they are teh Cylons of the ME Universe.

Yes.
How's the BB trollpedition to BSN coming along?

I would formulate that as "...I believe that singularity will be generated by post-humans... And I also believe post-humans will not only be physically and mentally enhanced, but ethics as well." I prefer ethics to morality because ethics is moral philosophy, which means that it treats the issues in question in a rigurous, (soft) scientific manner, as opposed to morality, which each manboon interprets in a different way and which, usually, degenerates or is subverted and made a mockery of by various unscrupulous organizations like organized religions and the like.

I can't say whether or not post-humans will appear before the technological singularity, but I would venture a guess that if they don't appear before, there will be little need for them to appear after. Without the luddites holding science back nowadays, especially in the area of genetics, the chances of post-humans definitely appearing before the singularity would be greatly increased.
True true, but what I mean with morality is that a post-human with enhanced perception and built-in global information flow would find it impossible not to sympathize with all living things. To give a fiction demonstration from a better (though not hard sci-fi) story...

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
ash2gw.jpg

ash3h.jpg

ash6n.jpg

tumblr_lvtjap5yVS1qequ8i.gif
That's beautyful! :singletear:. I guess those mamary implants weren't bulletproof.:troll:

Oesophagus

Arcane

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Do i need to side with the Geth? I always like the Geth, and not just because they are teh Cylons of the ME Universe.

Yes.

How's the BB trollpedition to BSN coming along?

Haven't had the opportunity to make a BB comparison.... yet but I'm slamming ME3 as much as I can regardless. :thumbsup:

Cipher
You can definitely kill Kaidan as well. Naturally, given that Kaidan and Ashley seem to be the same character with the same actions and damn near the same lines in ME3.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You can definitely kill Kaidan as well. Naturally, given that Kaidan and Ashley seem to be the same character with the same actions and damn near the same lines in ME3.

I already killed him. When it come to decision he or a chick, she won doesn't matter how lack of any positive traits might complicate the decision.

Also it would piss her father. (keeping her alive)

Malpercio

Arcane
Speaking of Kaidan, what was the point of choosing between him and Ashley on Virmire if they

- Basically promoted only Ashley
- He and Ash appear to be the same character in ME3

He's basically a non-character...

Blah people, stop using Imageshack.

I'm sorta regretting killing her in ME1. Shooting her seems so much funnier and satisfying than dropping a nuke on her. :smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Speaking of Kaidan, what was the point of choosing between him and Ashley on Virmire if they

Since they have been collecting data on what users do (choice wise) in the series, I'd assume most everyone had Karth/Kaiden/Anomen always die on Virmire. He always dies there when I play it. I can't stand him. Ashley is actually cool. <3

Hellraiser

Arcane
Good, after killing Kaidan it is only fitting we get to kill Ashley as well. Unless you didn't kill Kaidan in ME1, then you must repent.

Can we kill that faggot Vega? By sending him on some sort of suicide mission, crawling in overheating pipes or the like?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Those underwater craft are used to launch ballistic missiles 1000s of miles away. And underwater combat is pretty much the opposite of space combat.
Sorry bro, I know I'm coming in late to this part of the thread but underwater combat is exactly what space combat would be like, barring magic FTL/inertia dampeners etc bullshit. Self-contained vessels that need to be able to operate independently for months in a terrifyingly vast 3D environment where stealth is only possible through careful exploitation of rare(ish) geological formations (planets, moons, asteroids, Sun), hoping to spot the enemy before the enemy spots them in-order to launch missiles millions of kilometres away before running into another hideout. Missiles that only need to engage their engines for few minutes to accelerate to a sufficiently high velocity, then can coast along trajectories and save the remaining delta-v for course corrections when they get closer to their target - which cannot evade aggressively enough without killing the crew aboard.

Position attacking craft directly between the target and the Sun and there's no way the target would even spot the launch of the missiles as any thermal/optical sensor would be blinded by the Sun. Building long-distance loitering missiles is already perfectly possible - check the British ALARM as the perfect example.

Malpercio

Arcane

Since they have been collecting data on what users do (choice wise) in the series, I'd assume most everyone had Karth/Kaiden/Anomen always die on Virmire. He always dies there when I play it. I can't stand him. Ashley is actually cool. <3

Ashley is a fucking Christian.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

So?

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist

So?
They hate homos!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The only time Bioware allows you to ditch Anomen since Baldur's Gate 2 and you guys don't take the chance?

Though I guess it's too bad that every single fucking male character they wrote from ME2 onwards seems to have been infected with Carthovirus anyway.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Building long-distance loitering missiles is already perfectly possible - check the British ALARM as the perfect example.
ALARM is just one of the many loitering munitions projects. Others are: IAI Harop, Lockheed Martin SMACM, Rheinmetall TARES and Ultra Electronics BLADE. When you have technology like this in real life but you represent space combat like the battle of Jutland while, at the same time, claiming that you do hard sci-fi, then someone has to call bullshit.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Building long-distance loitering missiles is already perfectly possible - check the British ALARM as the perfect example.
ALARM is just one of the many loitering munitions projects. Others are: IAI Harop, Lockheed Martin SMACM, Rheinmetall TARES and Ultra Electronics BLADE. When you have technology like this in real life but you represent space combat like the battle of Jutland while, at the same time, claiming that you do hard sci-fi, then someone has to call bullshit.
In conclusion: Fuck it, let's stick to Power Rings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom