Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I mean this guy.

20110718masseffect3.jpg

2057124-james_vega.png

1832791-vega_body_super.png

James Vega is totally unlike any previous BioWare character.

The closest I can say is that he is a younger Guido version of Canderous Ordo.

Come on. BioWare always repeats something from previous games. Are they actually doing something new, or is the original prototype of him from previous games too well hidden to be detected?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The devious Reapers have unleashed their ultimate weapon of doom; they've injected Shepard with a virus that turns him gay!

The galaxy is on the brink of peril, yet Shepard is more interested in commenting fashion trends, interior design and listening to Adam Lamber than he is in fighting the invading forces.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Forgettable Joe the fauxhawk space marine.

He looks like a throwaway character from some random sci fi shooter.

Oh wait that's exactly what he is. :smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Excidium said:
Now companions not only act like douchebags, but look like it too!
Jaesun said:
I sure hope he is not the male/male romance character. D:
I bet he cuts both ways.

Probably. :lol:

Though Mass Effect is NOT made by the Dragon Age team, thank The Goddess....

Wyrmlord

Arcane
A lot of BioWare characters have been the offbeat kind, including one character who is trying to tear his own face apart and another who is an old hermit living among bear-men.

James Vega seems normal in comparison to all of them, and appears like someone whom you may see in daily life.

But he stands out precisely for that reason. He really looks like someone from either a Punjabi gym or a New Jersey beach, who was teleported from our world to the Mass Effect universe.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
according to the comments he indeed is the fag romance option, you guys should read the comments too, good for a few :what:'s

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
This is completely offtopic, but the US army should really look into replacing Metallica with Jersey Shore in their interrogation technique repertoire.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Jaesun said:
Excidium said:
Jaesun said:
I bet he cuts both ways.

Lukas Kristjanson works on both, though he's the only writer they share. He wrote Aveline and Carver for DA2 and Jacob and others I don't know about for ME2.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Black said:
Looks like a pretty original character.

:lol:

Wyrmlord said:
A lot of BioWare characters have been the offbeat kind, including one character who is trying to tear his own face apart and another who is an old hermit living among bear-men.

James Vega seems normal in comparison to all of them, and appears like someone whom you may see in daily life.

But he stands out precisely for that reason. He really looks like someone from either a Punjabi gym or a New Jersey beach, who was teleported from our world to the Mass Effect universe.

I guess the transition from bad fantasy sitcom just made it to just bad sitcom? Bioware's shit initially was about dnd stereotypes and made the transition into the kind of awkward humour I assume you hear in american teevee. Because I don't watch tv except hbo, I wouldn't know the specifics here, but I assume their idea of wit (and human interaction in general) is diluted from pop culture.

In Derp Age 2, you got the "war on terror" theme - some heavy shit right there that you get to pick up in the news. Yeah, because the news are a big source of creativity for any kind of serious artist, this is well known. And of course the dialog was all about office relationships, except that everyone wears armor and is in terminally dangerous situations all the time but hey, no big deal. This is more true to Derp Age writing team though, because ironically ME2 had sharper writing than most shit Gaider comes with.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Jaesun said:
Excidium said:
Jaesun said:
I bet he cuts both ways.

Retard in denial. Ass Effect 3 will be shit if EA has even a slight amount of say.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Roguey said:
Jaesun said:
Excidium said:
Jaesun said:
I bet he cuts both ways.

Lukas Kristjanson works on both, though he's the only writer they share. He wrote Aveline and Carver for DA2 and Jacob and others I don't know about for ME2.
I thought ME1 and ME2 were the ones with two different writing teams.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't see any big difference between Mass Effect and Dragon Age's writing. They're both the same David Gaider cookie cutter material Bioware have been manufacturing since 2004 (with the malign influence starting from BG2 and TOB, growing stronger through NWN OC and HOTU, and reaching its ultimate form in KOTOR)

Don't imagine that one game has better writing than the other just because it plays smoothly and doesn't have completely shitty design. Or because the sci-fi setting is slightly less worn out than the fantasy setting.

Shadenuat

Arcane
"Well, you look like an overgrown Kowakian monkey-lizard, so I guess looks don't count for much."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom