Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Low Road - a 1970's corporate espionage point & click

AN4RCHID

Arcane

http://www.thelowroad.com/

I liked some of the old flash games these guys did on Newgrounds but I had forgotten I was following them on facebook until this popped up. Apparently it's a real, non-Mobile, non-browser, made-for-PC video game. Supposedly it has C&C and "intricate puzzles". I kind of dig the setting.

Screenshots:

The-Low-Road-Screenshot-1.png

The-Low-Road-Screenshot-3.png

The-Low-Road-Screenshot-4.png

The-Low-Road-Screenshot-2.png

The-Low-Road-Screenshot-6.png

The-Low-Road-Screenshot-5.png

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
This thing is coming out in one week.

New Trailer:

They got a first impressions writeup from a Tier 1 gaming publication http://saveorquit.com/2017/07/17/first-impressions-the-low-road/

The minigames are simple, with only one or two that are difficult, with most of them are tied to the puzzles directly. To get a flier past Thornton, who is in charge of the mail slots, you not only need to figure out how to trick him but also how to get access to the copier. Though, you do not need to worry about needing to find the necessary items as it is set up in a way that you pass what you will pass when needed, eventually leading you to pickpocket a coworker.

The best minigame is the first one you are greeted with as it is easily more interesting than the others. Almost immediately after you start and talk to Turn, you get a chance at calling this woman to get some information out of her. With a few pieces of information available, you need to manipulate her so she will believe that you are someone that she knew in the past. This can easily go south, like it did for me, if you say the wrong thing and she catchs on. It feels similar to how Papers, Please focuses on looking through someone’s paperwork to determine if they can pass and adding in their own reason to pass to make it a dilemma (should you let them pass to risk getting yourself a ticket?) this minigame can easily become its own game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom