Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The List of Incline (Now with a poll)

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I've made a list of the upcoming :incline: cRPGs with their presumed release dates.

Requirements that need to be met for a game to be included:

I need to like it.

:troll:

Expeditions: Conquistador RELEASED TB Strategy/RPG hybrid, based in XVI century New World by Logic Arts
Final result: good for what it is :3/5:

screenshot_pc_expeditions_conquistador050.jpg

Shadowrun Returns RELEASED TB mission-based 2D RPG in the Shadowrun universe by Harebrained Schemes
Final result: MODS WILL FIX IT :4/5:

shadowrun-Returns-3.jpg

Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny HD RELEASED a 3D remake, of the first part of the classic Realms of Arkania Trilogy. First person dungeon crawling with isometric TB battles.
Final result:
Shovel-pic.jpg

dbVE4Bi.jpg

Blackguards January 2014 TB hex-grid strategy/RPG in Das Schwarze Auge setting
FINAL RESULT: Gud
blackguards-new_01.jpg

The Banner Saga January 14th 2014 KoDP-lite strategy/RPG hybrid with gorgeous drawn graphics by ex-Biowarean Stoic
FINAL RESULT: Gud but short
7.png

Might&Magic X: Legacy January 23rd 2014 a seemingly true sequel to the legendary series by Ubisoft; TB, grid-based blobber - WTF award
FINAL RESULT: Supposedly gud
MMX-Legacy_Be%20prepared%20to%20meet%20the%20locals_88211.jpg

Legends of Eisenwald somewhere in 2014? TB Strategy, a mixture of King's Bounty exploration and Disciples-like combat, with cRPG elements by Aterdux Entertainment
Early Access available (beta)
Legends-of-Eisenwald.jpg

Chaos Chronicles fucked in the ass by themselves and bitcomposer TB combat-focused RPG based on the d20 OGL system by Coreplay
Final result:
rip.gif

Age of Decadence Fall of Thursday 2014 TB hardcore, C&C-focused cRPG in post-apocalyptic roman-themed setting by Vince D. Weller and Irontower Studios
aod-2012-03-28-21-33-21-84.jpg

Underrail 2014 TB isometric futuristic indie RPG by Styg
OpenAirTavern.jpg

Wasteland 2 sometime in 2014 TB isometric RPG, sequel to the classic Wasteland, by inXile
Extra-paid Early Access available (alpha-beta)
Wasteland2.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin February 28th 2014 TB 'cooperative' RPG by Larian Studios
Early Access available (alpha)
Divinity_OriginalSin_01.jpg

Dead State March 2014 cRPG (with strategy elements) in a zombie apocalypse setting, by Brian & Annie Mitsodas of DoubleBear Productions

zrpg_screenshot_01.jpg

What Remains 2018? a FOnline engine post-apocalyptic game by Surf Solar

a.png

The Tangut Prophecy 2014-15? a realistic cRPG on FOnline engine set in XII century China by CrazyLoon

Dongxiangdian.jpg

Lords of Xulima 2014? isometric cRPG with blob-like combat (?) by Numantian Games

JXGameDesigner-2013-01-28-19-35-22-58-1024x560.jpg

Swords and Sorcery: Sovereign 2014? an old-school indie blobber by Charles-cgr

character_stats.png

Pillars of Eternity Q4 2014 a successor to Infinity Engine games by Obsidian's Josh Sawyer (and MCA)

PE-TempleEntrance01-2560x1440.jpg

Torment: Tides of Numenera Q1 2015? a successor to Planescape Torment by inXile's Colin McComb and Kevin Saunders (and a horde of writers) set in Numenera

tormenttidesofnumenera.jpg

Grimoire ITZ 2057 a real, old-school sequel to Wizardry VII by Cleve Blakemore. You will believe a golden baby can fly.

grimoire.jpg

Is there anything I've missed?

Last edited:

catfood

AGAIN
Meh, I too thought of doing this yesterday but was too lazy to compile all the games together with links and shit. Good going, man. I approve. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the incline.

catfood

AGAIN
But change the title to List of POSSIBLE????? incline. For all we know each and every game on your list could turn out utter shit.

made

Arcane
Nice list. Thanks. Hope, of course, is the first step on the road to disappointment, but even if only 10% of those games end up decent that's already a success.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been compiling a list of turn-based RPGs coming out this year, but I don't know which are considered incline because I don't have a monocle.

Thread on Iron Tower Studio Forums
Go vote on Greenlight where available.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom