Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2018 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What was that mash up rpg with a 90s sub-culture theme called? I think it had time travel, and I'm not sure if it was rt or tb...
Odd Gods?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Kinda dissapointing to see The Banner Saga so low in the poll.
Really liked the first one, looking forward to replay it in the whole trilogy.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Without going extremely out on a limb just Stygian for now. I actually played and liked the demo. Other devs might learn something from that example.

Codex Year of the Donut
The combat is awful. I have no idea how it wasn't fixed by the second game, and the third game still amazingly has the same terrible combat. You get rewarded for not killing your enemies and just leaving them in a weakened, useless state.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The combat is awful. I have no idea how it wasn't fixed by the second game, and the third game still amazingly has the same terrible combat. You get rewarded for not killing your enemies and just leaving them in a weakened, useless state.
Isn't there a lore reason for that in the game? Like, you are not a homicidal maniac who mass murders everybody?

Codex Year of the Donut
Isn't there a lore reason for that in the game? Like, you are not a homicidal maniac who mass murders everybody?
Then why do you mass murder them to end the fight?

It's an awful design.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Then why do you mass murder them to end the fight?

It's an awful design.
I haven't played the game, so I'm just guessing here. :) I imagine the scenarios as they attacking you, so you have to defend yourself, but you don't want to kill them. And by being merciful, you get more XP. I think it's a pretty good idea.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The game is awful - yes but the combat is not one of the (several) reasons.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
September 18th - Bard's Tale IV
September 20th - Star Control: Origins
September 25th - Pathfinder: Kingmaker AND Seeker Slayer Survivor PoE2 DLC

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
September 20 is when the goty, CrossCode, comes out. Given how long it's been in early access I'm thinking of foregoing my usual "wait for patches" plan even though they promised to add more content post-release.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"This game that won't even get made if our Kickstarter isn't successful is totally going to be released in 2020."

Edit: I stand by my kneejerk response despite clicking through the link afterwards and seeing that he acknowledges it won't even be worth making if they don't hit their goal. :P

vota DC

Augur
No truce with the demiurgos: elysium of the bannerlord AKA Mount the furry leviathan 2

New World is going to change the name

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
d511599818.png

63b9abbb4f.png

:lol:

So much hope, dashed all to flinders....

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
There are a bunch of these I'd like to check, except most of them aren't actually releasing this year (Barkley 2, Copper Dreams, Disco Elysium, etc.). Others are dead, and still others are looking potentially grim, such as Underworld Ascendant, which impressed absolutely no one when they revealed a little bit of the actual gameplay.

I'm sort of looking forward to Pathfinder. I'll check that, I guess.

Kenshi's a great game, but I already have it and it's basically feature complete, plus it's not on the list for some reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom