Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2015 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't wait for the megathread.

roshan

Arcane
What about adding Invisible Inc to the list? It's essentially an RPG, with characters, level ups, an inventory system and more. Hell it actually has a more developed inventory system than Shadowrun Returns or Banner Saga.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is XCom an rpg ?
The structure reminds me of this, even if the gameplay is different.

The more important question is, "is it Incline"

What about adding Invisible Inc to the list? It's essentially an RPG, with characters, level ups, an inventory system and more. Hell it actually has a more developed inventory system than Shadowrun Returns or Banner Saga.

Hmm, sure, why not.

Athelas

Arcane
Laptop guy Operator doesn't have any stats though. :philosoraptor:

Is XCom an rpg ?
The structure reminds me of this, even if the gameplay is different.
I don't think the structure is that similar. You don't really have a permanent(ly upgradeable) base of operations in Invisible Inc, it has much more of a scavenging/survival feel.

Last edited:
There is a Metroidvania named Bloodstained by the Symphony of the Night creator, featuring some cRPG elements if anyone is interested. Kickstarter boomed on the first day.

Catfish

Learned

It's more of a turn based strategy though.
Sure, has certain rpg elements, roguike even (with the procedural level generation and whatnot) but still more akin to xcom, jagged alliance and the like. And isn't it out already?

Personally I'd say Numenera is my most expected one. InXile had a chance to get their bearings with WL2 (build up the team, adapt to the production format etc) and now they are hopefully ready to really deliver on their promises with a new Torment

Mech

Cipher
Why is Age of Decadence on the list of incline? Brother None's mental masturbation simulator shouldn't even be called a game.

likaq

Arcane
Why is Age of Decadence on the list of incline? Brother None's mental masturbation simulator shouldn't even be called a game.

Sup drog.

Last edited:
Weasel
So whose trolling alt is this? Looking at the posting history it appears to resurface every time Beth announce/release a new game, with a couple of AoD jabs thrown in as a bonus.

:happytrollboy:

Curlbrah

Educated
Wish the incline included more sci-fi games. While I'm not really that interested in StarCrawlers and TheMandate I will probably play them regardless because I'm starved for some space related RPGs.
Always kind of bugged me why there are so few space games out there, while every second RPG seems to be set in a fantasy world.
The space theme offers almost limitless opportunities for creativity but the few sci-fi games we get are filled with common tropes and clichés.
Just look at ME4. They want to distance themselves from the older games by changing the game's focus on colony building in a whole 'nother galaxy but decided to once again include ancient ayyliums with far superior technology.

Anyway, are there any good space RPGs released in the last few years? I had a three year long hiatus from video games and would be thankful for some recommendations.

Wish the incline included more sci-fi games. While I'm not really that interested in StarCrawlers and TheMandate I will probably play them regardless because I'm starved for some space related RPGs.
Always kind of bugged me why there are so few space games out there, while every second RPG seems to be set in a fantasy world.
The space theme offers almost limitless opportunities for creativity but the few sci-fi games we get are filled with common tropes and clichés.
Just look at ME4. They want to distance themselves from the older games by changing the game's focus on colony building in a whole 'nother galaxy but decided to once again include ancient ayyliums with far superior technology.

Anyway, are there any good space RPGs released in the last few years? I had a three year long hiatus from video games and would be thankful for some recommendations.

You'd be lucky to find an RTS in space, except Rebellion. RPGs are clearly out of the equation. Unless you don't mind Mass Effect 1-3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom