Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What will the clergy think!
They'll think, "I coulda been a squire and then a knight but nooo, I had to like reading Latin and getting my head partly shaved."

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
What class? Also, review when?

Baroness. Also no review because sser already penned one.

Speaking of RNG, one thing that bothers me slightly is that units don't have to hit chances. I think giving them even a very generous base 80% or so THC like in Disciples 2 would work p. well at making the fights a bit less "predictable", but maybe it's the cargo cultist in me speaking.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Started playing this today.

Jesus Christ, it's addictive as sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :negative:

I hope you didn't make the same mistake I did by getting a monk over a peasant woman. I didn't know any better and only later realized former buffs, latter heals. That's when I learned to actually hover over their icons before assuming things.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What class? Also, review when?

Baroness. Also no review because sser already penned one.

Speaking of RNG, one thing that bothers me slightly is that units don't have to hit chances. I think giving them even a very generous base 80% or so THC like in Disciples 2 would work p. well at making the fights a bit less "predictable", but maybe it's the cargo cultist in me speaking.
Given how closely-packed fights are, I'd say thc is practically irrelevant in such distance. Damage for archers is affected by distance and shielding though.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
But does it have Cursed Hounds?
It has ghosts, heretics and other enemies of God. Also it's not an RNG-heavy game to the extent of your bête noire.

Xulima's only RNG heavy if you're retarded. Stunned/sleeping/frozen enemies = 0 evade. Wounds = permanent evade debuff, can reach 0. Leveling speed = enemies don't get a bunch of turns before you because they won initiative = turn order isn't really RNG based.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
But does it have Cursed Hounds?
It has ghosts, heretics and other enemies of God. Also it's not an RNG-heavy game to the extent of your bête noire.

Xulima's only RNG heavy if you're retarded. Stunned/sleeping/frozen enemies = 0 evade. Wounds = permanent evade debuff, can reach 0. Leveling speed = enemies don't get a bunch of turns before you because they won initiative = turn order isn't really RNG based.
Who was even talking about Xulima to begin with?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Question:

I end chapter 2 (running away from Berthold) with the following party: 2 soldiers, 1 archer, baroness, herbalist.

The disco zombie conga line appears, I get attacked by the first squad of 2 right after the mad hobo, combat starts and suddenly I find my 2 soldiers have just vanished from the game. Is that a bug or is that supposed to be them going "ZOMG RUN FOR YOUR LIVES"?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Question:

I end chapter 2 (running away from Berthold) with the following party: 2 soldiers, 1 archer, baroness, herbalist.

The disco zombie conga line appears, I get attacked by the first squad of 2 right after the mad hobo, combat starts and suddenly I find my 2 soldiers have just vanished from the game. Is that a bug or is that supposed to be them going "ZOMG RUN FOR YOUR LIVES"?
Most of your crew and your unequipped inventory don't transfer between stages, you sure they were with you at the start?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Question:

Most of your crew and your unequipped inventory don't transfer between stages, you sure they were with you at the start?

Yes, I'm quite sure, because I checked a bunch of times and tried some reloading shenanigans too. Plus, if that were the case, the archer and herbalist would have vanished as well, while they stayed around and I still have them in the party after the disco zombie interlude.

hilfazer

Scholar
Question:

It's the ZOMG.
You can influence which units are removed from your party by removing their items (and equipping items on units you want to keep).

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, they run, don't they say something like 'OMG ZOMBIES' and then run away?

That particularly short scenario railroaded me toward taking defensive position on a hill but if you read the clues in the chapter before there is actually a secret on that map. I just didn't realize that this was the relevant forest and the relevant map and since it was over so quickly, I forgot to look for the treasure. Oh well.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
That particularly short scenario railroaded me toward taking defensive position on a hill but if you read the clues in the chapter before there is actually a secret on that map. I just didn't realize that this was the relevant forest and the relevant map and since it was over so quickly, I forgot to look for the treasure. Oh well.

yeah, the same happened to me :negative:

Yeah, but I thought it was sort of random how the bowman yelled the ZOMG and then the soldiers hit the road.

hilfazer

Scholar

That secret is the best item a Baroness can get.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
... well maybe i still have an autosave from that area then
borealesad.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It's p cool, I like it. Simple and highly addictive fun. I recommend it a lot if you liked Disciples 1 & 2, since the basic principle is very similar - you run around a map with a party of dudes and engage other parties of dudes in turn-based combat with minimal mobility while also doing quests (some of which are pretty fun and hard to complete, like ones based on telltale and legends that you have to piece together). Although it doesn't have any of the basebuilding that Disciples has, so, in a sense, it's kinda sorta to Disciples what King's Bounty is to HoMM, except I hated KB and like Eisenwald.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom