Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

hello friend

Arcane
Alex, my friend, you are really depressing me. Your enthusiasm and passion for Eisenwald at PAX was so infectious that hearing you talk like this now... :negative:.
Legends of Eisenwald is released, I am still enthusiastic about what we did :) Not so enthusiastic about the future though. When things don't work out as you expect it, something has to change. There is a famous quote that goes something like this: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Things changed, times changed, we have to change as well and change what and how we do stuff.
Did Eisenwald sell THAT badly?

Urbanolo

Augur
Genius plan:
Create youtube bait (jump scares, breaking 4th wall or something) -> swim in cash -> continue to make awesome games.

How are your home market sales doing? I know through my friends that everyone plays World of Tanks in Belarus (even 50+ year olds), so I guess there might be some market to tap. Or is it only f2p?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
How are your home market sales doing? I know through my friends that everyone plays World of Tanks in Belarus (even 50+ year olds), so I guess there might be some market to tap. Or is it only f2p?
Home market is dead for most of the games. Belarus is too small, we didn't sell even a 1000 copies here, despite the translation. Russia was way better, 2nd top country in term of copies sold, 3rd top country in income.

retamar

Educated
Well guys I hope you can recover and make a new HoMM like game, next time with free movement in combat please, I know you keep defending your design decisions, as something that distinguish yourselves from all the games in the similar genre, but personally that killed the game for me.
Anyways, I hope you the best of lucks, you deserve it.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Well guys I hope you can recover and make a new HoMM like game, next time with free movement in combat please, I know you keep defending your design decisions, as something that distinguish yourselves from all the games in the similar genre, but personally that killed the game for me.
Thank you. Cloning HoMM is not our idea of fun. Like HoMM - play HoMM. We like Disciples :)

Archibald

Arcane
Home market is dead for most of the games. Belarus is too small, we didn't sell even a 1000 copies here, despite the translation. Russia was way better, 2nd top country in term of copies sold, 3rd top country in income.

2 copies bought in Lithuania :M

Did you do separate pricing for Russia as some devs try or did they just wait for big discounts?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
2 copies bought in Lithuania :M

Did you do separate pricing for Russia as some devs try or did they just wait for big discounts?
It sold well both - for the release price as well as in sales. But price in Russia is 2x or more cheaper...
Alex, appreciate your openness on sales. You and Vault Dweller have both been more forthcoming about Indie game selling than most and it gives those, such as myself, a glimpse into the struggles (as well as successes) you face. :thumbsup:

hilfazer

Scholar
Thank you. Cloning HoMM is not our idea of fun. Like HoMM - play HoMM. We like Disciples :)
Then let me tell you what is my favourite, by far, part of D2: when units gain a level during battle and 'morph' into a unit of next tier. It just feels so freaking awesome. LoE is missing that ):

And i have another complaint: the game is too random! (surprise)
What i mean is the game picks upgrade path randomly for units stationed in buildings. Would be cool if a player could specify which upgrade path a unit is going to take, while also giving a 'default' option that does what game does currently. That would reduce randomness and also make it poossible to implement those crowning moments of awesomness from Disciples.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Then let me tell you what is my favourite, by far, part of D2: when units gain a level during battle and 'morph' into a unit of next tier. It just feels so freaking awesome. LoE is missing that ):

And i have another complaint: the game is too random! (surprise)
What i mean is the game picks upgrade path randomly for units stationed in buildings. Would be cool if a player could specify which upgrade path a unit is going to take, while also giving a 'default' option that does what game does currently. That would reduce randomness and also make it poossible to implement those crowning moments of awesomness from Disciples.
It works though as an RPG aspect - you don't have control of places and things you are away from. It's pseudo random anyway - reloading won't change it.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
75% off on GoG right now, I wonder if I should get it now or if it will go on sale on Steams summer sale too..

Edit: Ah well, I just went ahead and bought it.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Knight! Unfortunately, it runs like ass on my toaster, so I may postpone playing it a bit further, we'll see.

Edit: Runs a bit smoother now, not sure what did it, maybe turning of anti-aliasing? Anyhow, just two hours in but pretty fun so far.

Last edited:

Aothan

Magister
Knight, Baroness or Priest

Baroness or Priest, Knight though a natural enough preference has always been at least a little too powerful for balance - although mentioning this it comes to mind the player could try to keep some measure of balance with how they play this commander

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://aterdux.com/one-year-since-release/

Legends of Eisenwald: one year since release

This day a year ago our game was released. During this year we worked a lot on fixing all kinds of bugs and now the game is in a good stable state. We are very happy about it and hope that you appreciate it as well.

Exiting Early Access was a big event for us after which we were working hard to polish the game even more so we could have our first vacation for the first time in many years of development.

Sales of the game turned out to be pretty good and covered our expenses – break even point happened after the Steam Daily Deal in April. And we could work the entire year living off our sales.

For a small and not very experienced studio it’s a very good result. Of course it would be nice if sales were more and we could have enough money for Legends of Eisenwald 2. One step at a time.

We will continue supporting the game and fix critical bugs but nothing major is going to be introduced. Except Chinese language will be added soon, and work started on Japanese version of the game.

As we promised, we will make two more DLCs. We are working hard already on the first one and it can become something bigger than we initially planned. Then instead of DLC it could be a serious addon. If that really happens we might start a small Kickstarter campaign for that.

Currently we are looking for funding for our next projects as well as looking to hire new personnel. Recently our team got a 2D artist and he like us loves medieval ages and historical reconstruction.

Trias_Betrayed

Scholar
I like the game but I ended up quitting around some...level...lot of undead in it and I kept losing castles before I could make progress to whatever goal I was looking at, go back to castle go to goal lose castle etc so I eventually just quit though I was engrossed with it up til that point. I don't remember there being a priest class though?

Archibald

Arcane
Good to hear that things seam to be going okay, thou obviously they could have been much better. Also, would probably be first Kickstarter that I'd give money for if they decided to go for bigger addon.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Nice that you seem to be a bit happier with the sales now as a couple of months ago. I'm looking forward to the DLC / expansion.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
So, quick question about the mechanics. I conquered a castle a while ago and put a single guard into the garrison just so that no random beggar simply walks in there. A while later I return to the castle and suddenly there is a big group of troops in the garrison. My single guard is still in there too.

But that shouldn't happen right? Castle garrisons becoming bigger on their own?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
No, that's how it's supposed to happen. Castles auto-recruit guards.

Modron

Arcane
No, that's how it's supposed to happen. Castles auto-recruit guards.
Plus garrisoned units gain experience over time, not really quick enough to fend off an assault but left alone long enough and you'll have some mid to higher tier units in there. Granted random upgrade choices might make them less useful classes.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is that knight receiving a handjob in that picture? What will the clergy think!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom