Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have an extra key if someone wants to give this a try....

I wouldn't mind checking it out, although I'd probably wait a patch or two before starting for good...

I'm hoping someone wants it to play now and, if good, spread the word for these guys. They really have been true Codexian bros throughout their time here.

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
I got a shitload of lag just walking around the overworld map. Any way to fix this? Seems to be related to the shadows of the trees or something, but even switching everything off seems to incur no improvement in framerate.

agris

Arcane
Patron
http://aterdux.com/our-gift-to-early-access-participants-and-prices/

We expressed already our gratitude to all players who made possible development of our game and bought it on Early Access. But we think (and there is even a character in the game like that) that actions are more important than words. Therefore, we thank you all one more time and we are happy to announce that all who got the game on Early Access will receive as a gift extra content – map Road to the Iron Forest which is a prequel to the main campaing. This map is done already but not tested and not translated to other languages. We plan to add it to the game as DLC within the next few months.

PRICE
As we already said many times, the price will raise for the release. The game will cost $29.99 but the first week it will be discounted for 15%. In other words, the change in this first week will not be that significant. We plan to change the price on Wednesday to avoid any issues on the release day.

There will be available a premium version of the game with the soundtrack and artbook and it will cost $39.99.

We already planned extra content for the game after the release. The expansion pass will cost $19.99.

There will no be any discount for the game for at least three months after the release.

Last chance to get it cheap!
I went to the steam page today and was surprised that I hadn't bought it. I thought I owned it this entire time! Well, GG Aterdux. Not only are you getting $25.99 out of me, I'll be buying the expansion when it comes out.

Looking forward to playing this and congratulations on the release!

Gord

Arcane
I wouldn't mind checking it out, although I'd probably wait a patch or two before starting for good...

I'm hoping someone wants it to play now and, if good, spread the word for these guys. They really have been true Codexian bros throughout their time here.

Well, I guess I could start right away, but for spreading the word you probably better take a codexer with an youtube account or something. I could only spread the word around here or on one or two other forums, and I guess most interested codexers already know about the game.
I'd still appreciate it though, but no worry.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Well, I guess I could start right away, but for spreading the word you probably better take a codexer with an youtube account or something. I could only spread the word around here or on one or two other forums, and I guess most interested codexers already know about the game.
I'd still appreciate it though, but no worry.

Check your messages... :salute:

Gord

Arcane
Thanks to mindx2 generous gift, I'll post some first PoE shill-brigade(tm) impressions once I have played a bit.

Gord

Arcane
So, some very early impressions, would also love to hear from some other players or Aterdux Entertainment about some questions I'm having:

The good:
  • First of, I really like the presentation. Sure, it's no AAA graphics, but I like the style and most of the artwork is quite nice. Music is good, too.
  • The combat system is interesting, it's certainly different from other games in the genre, but personally I think some fresh ideas are necessary once in a while. So far I did not encounter any really difficult battles (still in the prologue), so not much more to say there for now.
  • On the technical side, I had 0 issues. The game runs fine on my by now somewhat outdated system (Phenom 2 X4, GTX4601GB, 8GB ram), so far no crashes or performance issues, I'm playing on 1680x1050 borderless native res of my monitor - why is that the only resolution that's borderless, by the way? the others seem to be true fullscreen?(Just wondering)
  • Different specialization options for your troops which seem quite interesting - you can choose between different paths on level-up and further specialize them through equipment. Not very far in however, so it's hard to predict the ultimate impact.
The average:
  • What exactly is my motivation? I get thrown into the game without any introduction as to why my char is there and what he wants to do (besides getting some rest in the castle of a friend). Or maybe I did miss something/click some explanation away accidentally?
  • No manual scrolling of the overland map - the only way to view other parts seems to be to move your char. Can be a bit annoying when you want to reach some far-away area.
  • Some translations are missing - e.g. the name of the Baron Seidlitz is displayed in Cyrillic letters
  • Similarly, I have some question marks in texts where I'm quite sure there shouldn't be any. Maybe some missing character or such?

The bad:
  • No manual? At least I didn't find one in Steam or the game files. Maybe I need to look elsewhere though, in which case, you might disregard this.
  • No preview when leveling up units - when I get to choose between two upgrade paths, there's no way to see what the upgrade will do. I guess once you know the different upgrades, that's less of an issue, but for new players it means that you are effectively clueless. Especially since I can't find the manual... My recommendation is to add some tooltip that shows the effect of each upgrade.
    Edit: There is a tooltip, but it seems a little bit bugged for me. It only shows up after I right-click the respective option twice.
That's it for now. Will post some more when I've played enough to form a better opinion.

Last edited:

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
As for omptimization - laptops should be configured to run the game not on Intel HD. Then it all will work fine.

No manual scrolling - design decision. In a strategy you are a god over the world. In an RPG you are a hero. You can't see what's going on at another corner of the world.

Seidlitz is a glitch, is probably fixed already. Which language are you playing? It's rare but it seems that there could be issues with say English fonts on a machine that has another language.

Manual - there is 17 chapter video guide in the community.

Preview - right mouse click can do wonders.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
No preview when leveling up units

You can preview them by holding right click on any unit upgrade.
Motivation starts a bit after prologue. Ze plot thickens.

I had some minor technical problems, nothing serious (mouse cursor went missin for some time and FPS drops in some battles for a short time)
Loving the game, some fights are brutal(especially sieges) Quests are fine too with a little bit of C&C. Started with a "mage", at first I was dissapointed but after getting some good buffs/debuffs he became a beast. (mass slow anyone?)

Pikeman holding middle of battleground with counter strike and bless is murder I tell you.

Gord

Arcane
No manual scrolling - design decision. In a strategy you are a god over the world. In an RPG you are a hero. You can't see what's going on at another corner of the world.
I suspected that might be the reason.

Seidlitz is a glitch, is probably fixed already. Which language are you playing? It's rare but it seems that there could be issues with say English fonts on a machine that has another language.
I'm playing in english, although my system language setting is german. Might also try the german localization, of course, but it's usually easier to post impressions in english-speaking communities when I play in english.

Manual - there is 17 chapter video guide in the community.
I think I have seen some of those ( been a while, though). Also your tooltips and tutorial screens so far have proven enough. Still wouldn't mind a manual. ;)

Preview - right mouse click can do wonders.
You can preview them by holding right click on any unit upgrade.

I'm quite sure that didn't work for me. Will check again...
Edit: Ok, got it. Seems to be a minor bug. The first time I right-click on an upgrade, nothing happens. If I right-click again, it works. And after that every upgrade will show up the first time.

Btw. ze plot has thickened.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
I'm really liking the game. Sadly cannot play it in weekend for sea&sun&fun reasons.

-Combat is gud. It is diverse, detailed, brutal and satisfying. It is fast enough for a turn based game, no HP bloated enemies ( at least till now) Even the mightiest warriors can be cut donw in 2 turns with proper attacking/defending/debuffing. Even minor wrong moves can often lead to disasters.
-Spells and special attacks are really making huge difference, if used correctly. Smiting "possessed" enemies for high damage, blessing your powerful melee fighters a buff that giving them free turns when they recieve healing, holding areas with pikemen formation and e.t.c.
-Upgrading units are nice and divert enough but i think uints are getting expderience a bit fast. My 2 soldiers were near end tier after completing only half of the first map while casters/archers were following 1 tier behind. Also soldiers using different weapons make good combos.
-Loot is good, not overpowered but even the tiniest new equipment changes soldiers. Like giving monks +willpower items or your main debuffer some +initiative item. Thank god for hand placed loot btw.
-AI is mostly good I dare to say. They even use the traders they visit for new equipment (which ends up in my hands for free :smug:) Enemy archers selodm ignore characters that they can finish off easly.
-Games mood is good, story and wiriting is good enough in parts I played. There are good stories, legends and quests out there. Music, sound effects and graphics are nice enough and completes the medivial mood.
-Haven't experienced a major bug. 1 CTD, minor FPS hickups in 2 battles and 2 strage AI error messages that vanished fast before even I can read. Good usage of EA I say.

A damn good job till now Aterdux Entertainment . Looking forward to play more in Sunday night.:salute:

Luka-boy

Arcane
So far I have only found very minor issues after playing for a bit over an hour and a half.

- No cursor in-game the first time I ran it, easily fixed by turning off the Hardware Cursor in the launcher.
- The Large UI option in the Video settings resets to Off every time I restart the game.
- A couple of names or bits of text display in cyrillic.

Other than that it runs really well for me and I'm enjoying the game so far. Unless I run into any major issue (or many smaller ones) later I'll say it's at the very least a solid release.

Gord

Arcane
Apparently such things happen once in a while even with Steam games. At least I remember other incidences. Most likely false-positives (I hope).
Mine didn't complain so far, btw.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
58D4A11E49B9A85D6631A5C31EA6E0E57F4D5F70

:)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
There are good amount of content like that. Especially early game with "undead". And conversations with common folks are very entertaining too. Especially some legends.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok so far I'm loving this game. I've had just a very small taste so far, up until the battle with Red Bestl, but if Aterdux wanted to make a perfect Disciples lovechild they've succeeded and then some.

I haven't found any bug or annoyance so far and I'm very easily annoyed. Maybe except - what does the "Large Interface" option do Aterdux Entertainment? I haven't noticed any change plus it unchecks everytime I restart the game.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
I haven't found any bug or annoyance so far and I'm very easily annoyed. Maybe except - what does the "Large Interface" option do Aterdux Entertainment? I haven't noticed any change plus it unchecks everytime I restart the game.
Thanks! Large interface is a remnant of the old interface that we forgot to remove :)

And there is a weird thing probably our biggest annoyance right now - for some reason too much XP is given for battles.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sorry for the lame question, but how can I get the game? :D I was a backer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom