Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/legends-of-eisenwald/posts/1095862

Remember we said a year ago: “This next year (2014) will be very important for us because that's the year when Legends of Eisenwald will be released”. Unfortunately, we were wrong once again with our estimations and we decided at about the middle of this year to not give any more exact dates or plans when we will release.

Having said all that, we have no other choice other than to release Legends of Eisenwald pretty soon. This time things look much better - the game is content ready, all eight chapters of the campaign are playable and there are currently over 20 people who finished the main story at least once in our closed beta (which is ongoing in Russian). Average playtime seems to be over 40 or even 50 hours, and everyone seemed to really like the story. The English beta will be starting in about two weeks, and the signup is here.

The beginning of 2014 was good, but the more we went towards the end of the year the harder it got. Denis had heart surgery done then crunch time to try and wrap up development but that didn’t go according to plan. One of the reasons is the brand new UI - and while the redesign didn’t take a lot of time, the reprogramming did (the UI code is now 25% of the entire game code, and more than half of it had to be programmed anew).

Closer to the end of the year the money was starting to get tight and for a moment we even considered running a 2nd Kickstarter campaign to raise some funds for marketing but decided against it. (We wouldn’t have done it without asking your opinion first anyway).

Why marketing? This needs a bit of an explanation.

This year of 2014 is a year where many things changed. While we were really happy with our launch on Early Access, Legends of Eisenwald was one of the last Early Access titles that got featuring on the main page. More and more games were released (in the first four months of 2014 more games were released than in the entirety of 2013). In order to attract more attention to our game we tried to participate in the summer sale but Steam didn’t get us any space on the front page. Then we were lucky to have a Daily Deal in August. We didn’t get a spot in Halloween or the Winter sale probably because our sales since the beginning of Summer were far from great. In a month or so I plan to write an article with a breakdown of our costs, units sold etc. In short, a few months at the end of 2013 and beginning of 2014 were the months we were doing alright. We didn’t raise our salaries or anything like that but we participated in two game expos - GDC Play and Igromir - and it was a mistake.

With all these changes, we are now trying to see what else can be done for the release. And that’s why we are thinking to get some funds for marketing. One might argue that if a game is good it will find its audience and there is no need for any paid marketing activities. But right now we disagree. To show Valve our game is good, it needs to sell better in order to have some visibility at the launch and while we have good hope for our PR activities, we feel some marketing would give us a bit more. The Legends of Eisenwald release will determine the future of our company. If it goes well, we can continue working on the game and add all the nice features we wanted to have and even more. And if not then it will be hard to predict what’s going to happen. We don’t want our game to be lost or go unnoticed. And we will use all necessary options to make our game survive.

And about doing sales - we want formally to ask you for forgiveness that we participated in a few. We wish we had enough funds to continue development without them but longer times require more funds. I wish we were like the Age of Decadence (a really good hardcore RPG by the way) developers, they have enough funds not to make sales during the Early Access phase of their project. That is not our situation unfortunately and we want to make up for this.

We’d like to offer all of you an extra key for the game if you feel the value of your pledge was diminished by these sales. PM us here on Kickstarter and we will send you one as soon as we can.

To conclude, we wish all Happy New Year, and we will release the game as soon as we can.

Alexander and all of us at Aterdux

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I backed the KS to get two copies and eventual DLC...I don't mind as the devs were bros, and even gave me a credit for editing the translation of their older game, despite not being able to do much what with a shitty job I had at the time taking most of my hours.

With the personal problems they have faced and the struggle...they still haven't given up, and even if I never get anything extra, I respect that they have been fighting to the end.

Also Alexander is a hard core Stalinist so extra credit there!
:russia:

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Despite what other people might say we are not in trouble. And English beta is coming soon, bros from Codex will be given a preferential treatment, just need to signup for the beta with the code word "brofist" :) Russian beta cleaned a lot of issues with the scripts, English beta will be more polished. "Non-linear story" "Deep story" "Pack of bosses and special characters" - all these achievments unlocked!

Tigranes

Arcane
Good stuff. There are people who are silently waiting for release / beta to buy, so keep it up!

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Eisenwald turns blue, green or red at the end?
Sign up for the closed beta and see for yourself :) I don't think spoilers would be very welcome here. And it seems our game will have more gameplay hours than we thought initially. Seems like 40 hours is a bare minimum, most of the testers report 50-60 hours.

Unwanted

Mr Fantastic

Andhaira
Andhaira
Why isn't this game released yet? This was one of the first successful Kickstarters of the great surge back in 2012 if I recall correctly (and I may indeed be off on the date, apologies if I am). That's nearly 3 years ago now.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
The game is not released because it is not done yet. We underestimated greatly the amount of work needed. Interface redesign took a lot, content took a lot too and English version of the campaign is still in the process of being edited, German and French a bit more behind. SFX are still not working, and there are bugs we need to fix and things we need to polish.

This time the end is already in sight and as soon as we can, we will announce the release date.

eklektyk

Erudite
its nice to see that this project came a really long way from first introduction here.
i will play it at some point as it seems to present gameplay that i like a lot so thers that.

as a side note [altho i prefer to play games in english as to avoid akward.sloppy translation ] many ppl like to play games in potatospeak
i understand that translating walltexts is hard but it may be smth to look as adding to further interest.market penetration in greater potato commonwealth as well

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
If anyone translates the text, we can include it. But - it's the size of a large novel. We trying now really hard to make German and French on schedule we set up for ourselves...

Unwanted

Mr Fantastic

Andhaira
Andhaira
The game is not released because it is not done yet. We underestimated greatly the amount of work needed. Interface redesign took a lot, content took a lot too and English version of the campaign is still in the process of being edited, German and French a bit more behind. SFX are still not working, and there are bugs we need to fix and things we need to polish.

This time the end is already in sight and as soon as we can, we will announce the release date.

OK, look forward to it.

Can we now know what kind of spells the Mystic class will have btw, aside from the ability to heal?

agris

Arcane
Patron
If anyone translates the text, we can include it. But - it's the size of a large novel. We trying now really hard to make German and French on schedule we set up for ourselves...
You should look at crowd sourcing additional translations,I believe this is what Beamdog did with their enhanced BGs, and inXile did for W2 (I think).

eklektyk

Erudite
You should look at crowd sourcing additional translations,I believe this is what Beamdog did with their enhanced BGs, and inXile did for W2 (I think).
this could be a nice aditional push to make future buyers more invested by participating more and all that

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Can we now know what kind of spells the Mystic class will have btw, aside from the ability to heal?
Mystic can damage armor of enemies, increase armor of own units, increase initiative of own units, decrease the enemy, and there is a mass damage spell that requires a setup spell before that.

Where do you this kind of thing? I think it will be late for the full release but we should do it for later for sure.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So how long of an enjoyment I'll get if I buy this game right now?..I need a good game to to bate my thirst after Xulima,Underrail and NeoScavenger. I only read English mind you..

Self-Ejected

Yuri Gagarin

Self-Ejected
It was a tradition that when someone mentioned ToEE, Andhaira would post that this game should be "avoided like the plague", because when you installed the Co8 mod, a sword similar to the one used in Final Fantasy was available (Cloud's sword).

So, that sentence is eternally linked to him.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
We are happy to tell you that only one large step remains until the game is released because Legends of Eisenwald receive a patch version 0.99. Below is the list of changes in the game. And like we did often recently, the bigger part of the changes concerns the closed beta test and we publish only things concerning the version available for everyone without spoilers:

http://aterdux.com/patch-0-99/

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Trading cards are there! And we added first six achievements too, they work fine, so we will add many other soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom