Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

Tigranes

Arcane
Excellent, congratulations! I'm glad you guys managed to do it without further trouble.

Really would be interesting to see how many Steam purchasers would not have bought/known without Steam.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Excellent, congratulations! I'm glad you guys managed to do it without further trouble.

Really would be interesting to see how many Steam purchasers would not have bought/known without Steam.
Thank you! It would be interesting to see but the only question is how. For now, I don't think everyone who voted yes (47k) would buy our game. On the other hand, just a fraction of Steam users saw our game on Greenlight. Like always, at the end it will depend on the promotion and the quality of the game. The quality we can control, as for promotion, we will do our best.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Congratulations!

Now a question: will your backers receive only either DRM-free copy or a Steam Key, or both?
Hmm, do you think some will want both? Closer to the release we were planning to run a survey and ask people what they prefer. I think we will keep it at that, but if anyone wants to have both DRM-free and Steam key I don't see why not. We are hoping to give DRM-free through GOG but since we have not signed anything with them yet (I am quite positive though they will - they seem like really cool guys), I am not going to say it will be done this way. Even though it's very probable.

An interesting observation though - only a bit over 20 people are using DRM-free version of the beta, compared to a couple of thousand using Desura. But I think it might be because the DRM-free version now is not very convenient - it's necessary to downolad the whole game each time there is a patch.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Congratulations!

Now a question: will your backers receive only either DRM-free copy or a Steam Key, or both?
Hmm, do you think some will want both? Closer to the release we were planning to run a survey and ask people what they prefer. I think we will keep it at that, but if anyone wants to have both DRM-free and Steam key I don't see why not. We are hoping to give DRM-free through GOG but since we have not signed anything with them yet (I am quite positive though they will - they seem like really cool guys), I am not going to say it will be done this way. Even though it's very probable.

An interesting observation though - only a bit over 20 people are using DRM-free version of the beta, compared to a couple of thousand using Desura. But I think it might be because the DRM-free version now is not very convenient - it's necessary to downolad the whole game each time there is a patch.

I certainly would like both, but then I'm down for the tier with 2 copies of the game so I could live with one being Steam and one DRM free(though I'd rather have the second copy to give away to share the love). Failing that, a GOG key would be almost the same thing. I like being able to download fully patched versions as they come out.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Ok then, point well taken, we will give both versions. I will make a note not to forget it. It would be really easy with GOG keys to handle that and I think when we (hopefully) sign with them, we will be able to figure it out.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok then, point well taken, we will give both versions. I will make a note not to forget it. It would be really easy with GOG keys to handle that and I think when we (hopefully) sign with them, we will be able to figure it out.

Great. Now only thing that remains is to make sure that after you finish the game you make some decent DLC since I'm down for free DLC as well! ;) No fucking horse armor or reskinned units! I want at least several multi map campaigns, one per DLC. Maybe some new tilesets, enemies etc.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll take the Steam key that one of the Gabe haters doesn't want. +M

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Aterdux Entertainment

You might already know about this but Amazon is launching an 'indie store' section of their digital games download site. A lot of wacky promotions and such but one thing you might be interested in (apart from getting your game up on the store itself) is the spotlight page where they do some Q&A with developers located here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom