Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Is it? Why? Inquiring mind wants to know.
Prosecutors are the playground tattle-tales and per se shitheads. Kill them all, I say. Or you could shift the analogy and call them bullies, since they fight poor, private citizens who can't afford adequate legal representation while having the full resources of their office behind them.

(Exception for Federal Prosecutors generally, especially those that do white collar stuff)

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lol you are ignorant as can be, FSM.

Point still stands, food buys positive impressions pretty much everywhere

Cadmus

Arcane
lol jesus...what the fuck
I had no idea it went like this in the "real world"

Just played for a few hours today.

Really good. A lot of customization - a lot of variety, and a decent challenge. Glad I threw the money down on this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We're thinking of adding this game to our curator list, but it seems like not a lot of people have played it and there's a lack of Consensus(tm).

Opinions, impressions? How close is the game to feeling final? Is it GUD? Is it worthy of being on the RPG Codex's list, or is it in the end just a nicely made Disciples clone?

Last edited:
I've played it, and gave my impressions of the gameplay on the steam forum way back, but I have to hold off on a conclusion until the campaign is finished. The first non-tutorial map of the campaign and the stand alone scenario, both of which were released in the original EA, are GUD. The second map of the campaign is linear and does not play to the game design's strengths at all. It could go either way: either a noble successor to Disciples II or a malformed successor to Disciples III. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the latter.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We're thinking of adding this game to our curator list, but it seems like not a lot of people have played it and there's a lack of Consensus(tm).

Opinions, impressions? How close is the game to feeling final? Is it GUD?
Haven't played the latest build or anything, but-
+ It looks great and music's cool
+ I remember quests need a little more tweaking with respect to options, some of them sort of just become pixel-hunty.
- Still a bit buggy, and there's not much in the way of a combat log, so it's a bit difficult to figure what's happening on your opponent's turn.
+ I found combat interesting, though I'd say it's biased towards piling initiative on your troops so you get first mover advantage.
- Is a bit Engrish. Just a bit.

I'll add to this when I can, but overall, I believe it's a game to keep an eye on.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've played it, and gave my impressions of the gameplay on the steam forum way back, but I have to hold off on a conclusion until the campaign is finished. The first non-tutorial map of the campaign and the stand alone scenario, both of which were released in the original EA, are GUD. The second map of the campaign is linear and does not play to the game design's strengths at all. It could go either way: either a noble successor to Disciples II or a malformed successor to Disciples III. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the latter.

Surely you mean "the former".

Also, I've updated the original question a bit.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Opinions, impressions? How close is the game to feeling final? Is it GUD? Is it worthy of being on the RPG Codex's list, or is it in the end just a nicely made Disciples clone?
It's not a Disciples 2 clone at least in the sense that you have space to move around and position yourself in a fight. Maybe that's similar to Disciples 3.
The setting is more of a Darklands type however, with magic being a manifestation of faith and all.

P.S. didn't Zed or somebody else, (maybe even someone else) do a preview for this?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

It's not a Disciples 2 clone at least in the sense that you have space to move around and position yourself in a fight. Maybe that's similar to Disciples 3.
The setting is more of a Darklands type however, with magic being a manifestation of faith and all.

P.S. didn't Zed or somebody else, (maybe even someone else) do a preview for this?

Yeah he did: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8668

But that was a while back.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, quite a while actually. I don't think we should base our recommendation of an Early Access title on a preview that is 2 years old at this point.

Yeah, Darklands (setting), meets Disiciples I-II (mechanics) is how I think of it.

I went to the Steam page because there hasn't been much tangible activity lately (due to illness and other circumstances outside the developers' control I guess). It's a hard knock life as an indie developer.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/246760/announcements/detail/134305330173421692
On another side, we had reached none of the goals that we wanted. About 500 people played our game in 4 days and we gave away about 1000 leaflets with the game info and just a little more than 50 game-keys to journalists and players, which came to us with coats of arms on their clothes (that was a little quest to get a key). However, it didn’t work out and there are no new reports about the game among players in internet. We talked to a few journalists and even did some video interviews, but not much materialized yet (maybe it will take some more time to play the game, it’s long :)).

Overall, we spend about 7,500$ including everything, that is not a small amount for us. The expo was fun but that was not worth the effort. People who came were not looking for a new indie old-school game to play, they were mostly looking to play colorful and cinematic games like World of Tanks or Assassin’s Creed – their stands were always full and lot of people waiting in queue.

We tried another expo – GDC Play before (was way worse). Probably, we should try PAX next time. We heard PAX was much friendlier to indie games but to go there we would have to find additional funds, so we have left will be spend for development.

PAX?! NOOOOOOOO! Save your money guys. It'd be far less expensive and more productive just to pay someone to sleep with Nathan Grayson instead.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At a certain point you're going to get drowned out in the sea of indies unless you're a hipster outfit like Super Giant Games or Klei that comes with a lot of flash.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Yeah, Darklands (setting), meets Disiciples I-II (mechanics) is how I think of it.

I went to the Steam page because there hasn't been much tangible activity lately (due to illness and other circumstances outside the developers' control I guess). It's a hard knock life as an indie developer.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/246760/announcements/detail/134305330173421692
On another side, we had reached none of the goals that we wanted. About 500 people played our game in 4 days and we gave away about 1000 leaflets with the game info and just a little more than 50 game-keys to journalists and players, which came to us with coats of arms on their clothes (that was a little quest to get a key). However, it didn’t work out and there are no new reports about the game among players in internet. We talked to a few journalists and even did some video interviews, but not much materialized yet (maybe it will take some more time to play the game, it’s long :)).

Overall, we spend about 7,500$ including everything, that is not a small amount for us. The expo was fun but that was not worth the effort. People who came were not looking for a new indie old-school game to play, they were mostly looking to play colorful and cinematic games like World of Tanks or Assassin’s Creed – their stands were always full and lot of people waiting in queue.

We tried another expo – GDC Play before (was way worse). Probably, we should try PAX next time. We heard PAX was much friendlier to indie games but to go there we would have to find additional funds, so we have left will be spend for development.

PAX?! NOOOOOOOO! Save your money guys. It'd be far less expensive and more productive just to pay someone to sleep with Nathan Grayson instead.
Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
We might apply to Indie Megabooth for PAX - if accepted it's cheaper and more publicity. From the Russian expo actually a few things materialized and even one video interview. So, this convention was still not the best for indies but I heard from other indies PAX was good. We almost went in August but it was too last minute... We haven't decided yet but leaning towards trying. GDC Play ranks #1 as the worst, then comes this expo in Moscow, where will PAX fall? :)

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We might apply to Indie Megabooth for PAX - if accepted it's cheaper and more publicity. From the Russian expo actually a few things materialized and even one video interview. So, this convention was still not the best for indies but I heard from other indies PAX was good. We almost went in August but it was too last minute... We haven't decided yet but leaning towards trying. GDC Play ranks #1 as the worst, then comes this expo in Moscow, where will PAX fall? :)
Was Igromir worth it? Were you at KRI/business zone?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Igromir was mixed, money wise definitely too expensive. They promise for years to make an indie zone yet nothing of the sort happened yet. Indie zone would have attracted some attention by itself. Without it, being the only indie was hard and also, many mistook us for cosplayers.

StaticSpine, KRI/business zone is a good choice for games looking for publisher or some other business. We wanted more contact with players, so we were not in the business zone but in the common game zone, not far away from the monstrous Wargaming stand. Ironically, two companies from Belarus were there - the biggest in the expo and the smallest :)

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
StaticSpine, KRI/business zone is a good choice for games looking for publisher or some other business. We wanted more contact with players, so we were not in the business zone but in the common game zone, not far away from the monstrous Wargaming stand. Ironically, two companies from Belarus were there - the biggest in the expo and the smallest :)
Aw... I didn't even go towards Wargaming stand... I saw the pics of your stand somewhere (probably on RiotPixels), but thought you were in the business area:( It's a shame.

Anyway, Igromir was awful, I've spent 7 hours there and could only play Bloodborne for 15 minutes and watch ~1 hour presentation of The Witcher 3.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Here is our new video announcing new features and showing interface changes.

And there are first user made scenarios! One of them is in Russian, called Boundary Knight.

Another scenario is called Beer Tournament and it has a series of challenging battles (warning: very hard!). This is in a way an answer to those who said our combat is not tactical enough. You can win in all these battle despite the face that they seem impossible to win at the first sight...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom