Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

tindrli

Arcane
The official release date and leaving Early Access will happen April 1 2017. We understand you were expecting the game a bit sooner so we will tell you what changes will be made in this long period of time. In Legends of Eisenwald you will find everything that you like in computer games. The game will be a multiplayer, so it will require an Internet connection at all times. You will have to fight other online-barons not only in the hard battles but also in dance balls with an ability to change in detail the appearance of your hero for in-game currency.

H9tUxZyAricLhN6djtQm_iDHB5x6tm-mVo3o6ZVve1vU1VDrIzMu_tmsWadn3qWhqqXRt0zIHL_ZrThrARTqphdofGKBk8n9Ai49F4zQG5uJlZniaMp-EUHB2Q9vZQ4oUh7bCjVDb_M08kim-9e2phlr3nS-TVr55F21=s0-d-e1-ft

Totally worth it, though.

is this true or it was a april joke???

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It's very likely true, but there's been a huge negative reaction on the forums. Don't be surprised if the devs backpedal and claim that it was all supposed to be a joke.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's very likely true, but there's been a huge negative reaction on the forums. Don't be surprised if the devs backpedal and claim that it was all supposed to be a joke.
:what:

Is this first April's joke or what?

Why would it be a joke?
Kids these days...don't have a sense of humor.

It's fucking April 1st:
Hello everyone! The official release date and leaving Early Access will happen April 1 2017. We understand you were expecting the game a bit sooner so we will tell you what changes will be made in this long period of time. In Legends of Eisenwald you will find everything that you like in computer games. The game will be a multiplayer, so it will require an Internet connection at all times. You will have to fight other online-barons not only in the hard battles but also in dance balls with an ability to change in detail the appearance of your hero for in-game currency. We came up with an interesting mechanic where your diplomatic decisions directly influence what is happening in the games world. So, if you say “Yes”, one thing will happen, if you say “No”, completely another. System of global magic will allow you to use terramorphing of the enemies lands so they become unsuitable for living. But remember, this can cost you a lot.

A new hero - Ueberzombi

A fourth hero will be introduced in the game, so in near future you will be able to play in Legends of Eisenwald for a zombie. And here is the most interesting starts, because as “ueber-zombie” you can rule over the minions of zombies and other undead, whose goal will be to disturb other players when you are getting near to eat their brains. Online matches with shooting zombies with hand cannons will be singled out into a separate game in our game setting. Silver bullets will cost more than usual ones.

72f3bfce9943c57f5a00e2c05bacbf6c_large.jpg

Name Change

Because of the fact there are too many games with a word Legends in a title and with desire to emphasize a zombie part, we will rename the game into LegendZ of Eisenwald.

Survival, crafting and digestion

We are following modern trends and we assure you that our game will have elements of survival like necessity to buy food at markets, to have a cook that will make nutritios meals for your character out of products you bought (there will be a mini game for a cook, where you will have to choose quickly ingredients, place them into a pot and stir until it’s ready). Our game will require an advance digestion system where for each meal you eat you will have to roll 3 dice and have result of 15 and higher so you will not get food poisoning. Is it difficult? Medieval times were much harder! You will have to eat 2-3 times a day, and the game will count how much food and armor you are taking with you, so getting a horse sooner will be very essential (to make life easier, we will provide an opportunity to buy a horse for real currency).

Cherry on top in LegendZ of Eisenwald will be a possibility to build your own castles. You can draw it in your editor for tablets that will be sold separately and then piece by piece you can build your own castle using all the colors of a rainbow. All these amazing things you can start doing in just three years!

Merry wishes,

All of us at Aterdux
Name change for LegendZ of Eisenwald, zombie hero, minigame for cooking, buying horses for real currency, they can't be more obvious than this.

jdinatale

Cipher
I bought this game for a $1 in a bundle the other day, I'm pretty sure this company is going to tank.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Must be mistaken as this has never been in a bundle. Probably thinking of Legends of Aethetherher or w/e it's called.

jdinatale

Cipher
Whoops, I was thinking Expeditions: Conquistador, which reminds me of this.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this project alive or what? I know game development is not a quick process, especially for an small indie team, but this game just keeps being in early access, and we don't get any meaningfull updates about it. The last Kickstarter update was a long time ago, and it wasn't anything substantial.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this project alive or what? I know game development is not a quick process, especially for an small indie team, but this game just keeps being in early access, and we don't get any meaningfull updates about it. The last Kickstarter update was a long time ago, and it wasn't anything substantial.

They appear to be releasing regular "Developer Diary" updates on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/246760/announcements

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

They appear to be releasing regular "Developer Diary" updates on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/246760/announcements
Hm, great, but they should at least post these to the backers, or notify them.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://aterdux.com/developers-diaries-13-gameslab-scenario-editor/

Scenario Editor and Steam Workshop

In the near future we will try to surprise you, as we hope, in a good way, because a remarkable event is about to take place very soon: the release of the Scenario Editor. We have some great expectations for it. Considering our experience with Discord Times, we are looking forward to seeing some exciting game scenarios along with the activity of our game’s community. The editor will allow us to keep track of the elements that you are giving most of your attention thanks to the ranking system used by the workshop.

And now down to the most important! The editor is ready, Steam Workshop integration is done and tested. Games are being published, uploaded, updated, the process is displayed; no problems during the testing have been discovered.

We tried to make the editor as simple as we could, although rookie map creators might need a guidance to understand some of the nuances. Today and for a few coming days ahead, we will be recording a Scenario Editor tutorial video (in Russian and English) in order to give a comprehensible description of the scenario-creating process and explain some of the subtleties. We have already given some details on the possibilities of the editor, so make sure to check out our article if you missed it!

HEALTH IN GAME DEVELOPMENT

We planned to release the Scenario Editor and The Legends of Eisenwald as soon as possible, but sometimes cogent and unpredictable life events can interfere with our plans. For our team, it was the illness of our AI and game event programmer, Denis Lomako. He was taken into a hospital a few month ago by an ambulance directly from our office, and it turned out he needed a heart surgery. He couldn’t work in his full capability since then, but we are very grateful that he could finish such a huge workload as the game editor and the Steam Workshop before heading into surgery. And we are very happy to tell you that his surgery went well (it was a week ago) and now he is in recovery in a nice retreat near Minsk. His doctors say it will take a few more weeks before he joins us again and we wish him the best of luck and a quick recovery. Let’s all send him our supportive good thoughts.

I wish he get well soon, Aterdux Entertainment

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sucks to hear about the heart surgery, I hope he gets okay soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom