Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Actually it looks great because no HDR-bloom-shiny technology.
And it's not cartoon colourful crap.

Never tried or saw any videos but got question - is there something special with knight or they're just higher tier units with more HP and/or better damage resistance/armor class?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
unit action order, heraldry shields and lances. yeah very dragon age-esque.
hahahahahaha.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Actually it looks great because no HDR-bloom-shiny technology.
And it's not cartoon colourful crap.

Never tried or saw any videos but got question - is there something special with knight or they're just higher tier units with more HP and/or better damage resistance/armor class?
I am not sure I understand your question but there is a knight unit as well as a knight the hero and both are able to use horses. Mounted knights turned out to be rather powerful characters so we limited their use to flat areas, so no mounted characters in sieges, forests, swamps etc.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Game is waaaaaaay to no-nonsense medieval in its look to resemble generic fantasy. Dragon Age 2 my naked ass. DA2 looks like a combination of Forgotten Realms and last year's anime.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man I hope quests can get more complex than- find quest, go to tavern, hear gossip, find location, go to location, do your thing, end. Or the quest for that drunken lord guy. That was not cool.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Man I hope quests can get more complex than- find quest, go to tavern, hear gossip, find location, go to location, do your thing, end. Or the quest for that drunken lord guy. That was not cool.
There are both simple and not so simple quests. Did you ever try to get the devils out of the mine? :)

DeepOcean

Arcane
This game looks very generic.
how so?

14a464ed82a81acf7a09d17cac3a06f2_large.jpg

That looks like it could be any RPG. Like a demo for a Dragon Age game or a Gothic demo or Risen demo.
Common, DragoFireheart, there is no spiked hair, not spiked armor, no spiked shields, no big pauldrons for no reason, no overdone armor details, no elven faggot armor, no ridiculous and impractical fantasy castles, no animu style shit. It doesn't look like generic fantasy RPG #5644664.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are both simple and not so simple quests. Did you ever try to get the devils out of the mine? :)
I believe so, yes. Is that the one where-
You stake the mine at night and ask him to tell you where he keeps his jewgold? Sorry, I forgot, but basically I got the drunken guy on my side.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
You stake the mine at night and ask him to tell you where he keeps his jewgold? Sorry, I forgot, but basically I got the drunken guy on my side.
Yes, that's the one! I hope you liked this one. There are quite a few complex quests, and in the following main campaign chapters things will get even more complex... Thinking about adding ultra-easy level :)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
This game looks very generic.
how so?

14a464ed82a81acf7a09d17cac3a06f2_large.jpg

That looks like it could be any RPG. Like a demo for a Dragon Age game or a Gothic demo or Risen demo.
Common, DragoFireheart, there is no spiked hair, not spiked armor, no spiked shields, no big pauldrons for no reason, no overdone armor details, no elven faggot armor, no ridiculous and impractical fantasy castles, no animu style shit. It doesn't look like generic fantasy RPG #5644664.

It's why I included the word demo for each example.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Yes, that's the one! I hope you liked this one. There are quite a few complex quests, and in the following main campaign chapters things will get even more complex... Thinking about adding ultra-easy level :)
It was an interesting quest, yes. But I think that currently, there's not much to the level of difficulty in quest-solving, because what to do next is very clearly stated at nearly every stage. I'm not saying they're not complex, I just feel they're not difficult to solve.
Personally, I figure that it could be better if hints were more vague.
On the other hand, I liked Runaway for all the tension it provided with the time factor and all.
Also combat log.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Black necklace quest - was that difficult enough? I wish we could give different hints based on the difficulty level but I am afraid that would really over complicate things.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Black necklace quest - was that difficult enough? I wish we could give different hints based on the difficulty level but I am afraid that would really over complicate things.
Don't remember this one, might have missed it.
I think that quests that have directions to a particular location on the map, are more likely to be something that makes you work for it, like the one for entering the swallow tower(?).
Quest difficulty notwithstanding, they are certainly interesting.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
We have so-called "secret quests" on the maps. Some of the achievments will be based on them. Black necklace quest is a secret quest on the Way Home map. Swallow tower was too tough for many :)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
We have so-called "secret quests" on the maps. Some of the achievments will be based on them. Black necklace quest is a secret quest on the Way Home map. Swallow tower was too tough for many :)
Hmmm, I'll probably check the Black necklace quest on a replay. I might have done it... I think the only quest on that map I skipped was finding the grave of some woman near some withering tree.
Heh, Swallow tower just needs you to look a bit carefully. :)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Anyhoo, new patch-
Posts in "All News" channel about:
Legends of Eisenwald
Show posts for all products, not just Legends of Eisenwald
FULL STORIES HEADLINES

22:36
Patch Notes: Legends of Eisenwald v0.907 - Заметки обновления: Легенды Эйзенвальда v0.907

Community Announcements - Shagrost

Very soon your game will be updated. If it still didn't happen you should restart Steam and try to launch game again. And we are starting preparation to map editor release.

Added:

+Fair fast combat by pressing F1 (player will see only results);
+AI priority on player's actions if he changed his army into building or tent (changed/put on items, hired/fired soldiers);
+Parsing tags (man/women) in event names;
+System which allows to take screenshots of 8000/16000 resolution! (players can't use it yet);
+Added tower's Arena (we wrote about it in our blog earlier);
+Ability to edit a name of the first save;
+Turning picture (any angle);
+Ability to read scenarios from active mode folder (Mods\NameMod\Scenarios\);
+Sorting and colouring items meshes into hero's army inventory and into the shop;
+Option of sorting unit items by it value (when sorting is off items are sorted by it's price);

Changed:

*Tutorial hints are ported to general hints engine;
*Small fixes of tutorial hints;
*Automatical army positioning for pikemans and double-blade characters;
*Behavior of armies which are going to rest at the night;
*Functions of items and character power estimation;
*Conditions of using skills "powerful strike" and "accurate shot";
*Conditions of using spell "Seal of Solomon"

Fixed:

+Fixed various scenario and game code bugs.

-----------------------------------------------

Очень скоро ваша игра начнет закачивать обновление. Если этого еще не произошло, то вам стоит перезапустить Steam и попробовать запустить игру. А мы начинаем подготовку к выходу редактора.

Добавлено:

+ Быстрый честный бой в битве по нажатию клавиши F1 (игрок увидит только результат);
+ Приоритет внимания ИИ на действия игрока, если он изменял свою армию в строении или шатре (снимал/надевал предметы, нанимал/увольнял бойцов);
+ Тэги парсинга (мужские/женские) в названиях событий;
+ Cистема позволяющая снимать хайрезные скиншоты в разрешении 8000/16000 пикселей! (игрок пока не сможет воспользоваться);
+ Добавлена арена башни (писали о ней в нашем блоге);
+ Возможность редактировать название первого сделанного сохранения;
+ Поворот картинки на произвольное количество градусов;
+ Возможность чтения сценариев из папки активного мода (Mods\NameMod\Scenarios\);
+ Сортировка и раскраска ячеек предметов в инвентаре армии героя и магазине;
+ Опция позволяющая производить сортировку предметов юнита по ценности (при отключенной сортировке предметы сортируются по цене);

Изменено:

* Подсказки из обучения перенесены на движок обычных подсказок;
* Мелкие исправления подсказок из обучения;
* Автоматическая расстановка войск для пикинеров и двуклинковых персонажей;
* Поведение армий отправляющихся ночью на отдых;
* Функции оценки силы предметов и персонажей;
* Условия применения навыков "мощный удар" и "точный выстрел";
* Условия применения заклинания "Печать Соломона"

Исправлено:

+ Исправлено множество багов в сценариях и коде игры.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The official release date and leaving Early Access will happen April 1 2017. We understand you were expecting the game a bit sooner so we will tell you what changes will be made in this long period of time. In Legends of Eisenwald you will find everything that you like in computer games. The game will be a multiplayer, so it will require an Internet connection at all times. You will have to fight other online-barons not only in the hard battles but also in dance balls with an ability to change in detail the appearance of your hero for in-game currency.

H9tUxZyAricLhN6djtQm_iDHB5x6tm-mVo3o6ZVve1vU1VDrIzMu_tmsWadn3qWhqqXRt0zIHL_ZrThrARTqphdofGKBk8n9Ai49F4zQG5uJlZniaMp-EUHB2Q9vZQ4oUh7bCjVDb_M08kim-9e2phlr3nS-TVr55F21=s0-d-e1-ft

Totally worth it, though.

Stokowski

Arcane
The game will be a multiplayer, so it will require an Internet connection at all times. You will have to fight other online-barons not only in the hard battles but also in dance balls with an ability to change in detail the appearance of your hero for in-game currency.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game will be a multiplayer, so it will require an Internet connection at all times. You will have to fight other online-barons not only in the hard battles but also in dance balls with an ability to change in detail the appearance of your hero for in-game currency.

You should totally contact the devs and tell them how bad their idea is and how it would negatively influence the game and their reputation.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
no this is dead serious

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom