Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Ivan

Arcane
BROS, WTF! This looks like it's going for a GOTHIC feel. Look at how much damage he get when wearing peasant armor. Best Zelda CONFIRMED

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Hitboxes seem to be very precise, unlike in the rest of the series. Just look how the goblin is not able to hit Link when he is outstretched on the ground:
cGUKmYP.gif

Or maybe it's a small invincibility frame the player has when damaged (wouldn't be the first time in a Nintendo game). Altough I do hope it's the result of good hitboxes.

Must say that moment at the end of the video when those 2 chamaleon ambushed Link and specially when the Mini-Boss avoided the bomb (wich shows this game might have an AI better than most AAA games) was a truly pleasant surprise (mustly because it's coming from a Nintendo game).

I would buy this if it came on PC.

It's sad that Nintendo still keeps the policy of not releasing their games for other platforms. I know it's what keeps their home systems (or home-mobile hybrids it now seems) alive, but I think they should stop creating those and focus on making good games.

Anyway. That's why we have emulators and I must say that the Wii U one (CemU) it is turning out wonderfully and has a considerable amount of improvements with each new update. Speacially considering it's was created only 1 year ago.

By the time this game hits the shelves this emulator will be in an amazing state and considering this game will be the most desired one of the Wii U they will most surely focus their following updates solely on Breath of the Wild.

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I guess I shouldn't be suprised there is a working Wii U emu already. I recall the Dolphin Emu for the Wii was very good by the time the metroid prime games were fresh releases.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Switch is the way, baby!

If you are willing to buy a console just for one game, then sure it's the way to go (although due to Switch's mobile nature I don't believe you'll get a much better framerate).

But I - and lot's of people - don't have enough money nor will to do that (Bloodborne :(). So the emulator is the best possibilty and I am pretty sure someone is going to figure out a way to play this at 60 fps using the emulator.

Also just ignore newfag.

---

Arcane
It's only a rumor, but the WiiU version may or may not have been cancelled.

Bye-bye emulator :negative:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I doubt that now. Not just because all the first and even more recent footages for this game have been shown on a WiiU (and when comparing them with the Switch's footage of the game, there's no difference in performance or graphics) but also because this game has been able to be pre-ordered quite so time now.

I don't think Nintendo would just say to whose people:

We thank you for your contribution on making this game a possibility. With that said we would be apreciated if you also helped us in the same way by reserving your very own Nintendo Swich with it's version of Breath of the Wild.
Arigato gozaimasu!
Japanese-Ojigi-3.jpeg

Although, what is unacceptable in this day and age, is a big company like Nintendo not having released a statement somewhere about theses rumors.

Anyway, according to a recent image on this game, there may a possibility that a seasonal cicle will be a thing.

15350597_1256663284394799_3268814248179808580_n.jpg

Hyperion

Arcane
Master Edition Announced for $129.99
$

Special Edition is also available for $99.99. It's everything the Master Edition has, except the sword.

---

Arcane
c26e51dee33ddf53d6d3754e39fcc9db.gif

This new console sucks so badly that there are almost no differences with the WiiU version (except maybe framerate) >>> From this moment, my only purpose in life will be finding a WiiU under 30 bucks to play this game.

It's fucking beautiful.

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Still not seeing anything to get excited about here. I'm really tired of open world games that have a huge empty field and fuck all else.

GrainWetski

Arcane
c26e51dee33ddf53d6d3754e39fcc9db.gif

This new console sucks so badly that there are almost no differences with the WiiU version (except maybe framerate) >>> From this moment, my only purpose in life will be finding a WiiU under 30 bucks to play this game.

It's fucking beautiful.

Or just wait for Cemu.
XCX_4K.png
MK8_4K.png

Keldryn

Arcane
I really wanted to be able to get this for the Switch at launch, but... I just can't justify shelling out $400 CAD for the console and $80 for the game. I was able to pre-order the Wii U version on Amazon for $70.

Too bad the special editions are just for the Switch version though. I don't care about the sword statue, but I'd totally go for the Special Edition with the map. Oh well, at least I'll save some money then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom