Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Replaying it on Master Mode is even more fun than the first time! Truly, an outstanding game!

I'm curious what your definition of good open world is.
Grimoire.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

My house rules: no guardian abilities (other than Revali's gale while sperging for koroks in mountanous areas), and no runes in combat. Got my ass handed to me by a group of five silver moblins and two silver lizards in the mountains. :desu:

Enemy health regeneration is an amazing anti-cheese deterrent (still kind of cheesed through that fight by throwing the moblins off the cliff one by one). :baka:

It's amazing how in an age of popamole there is a super-popular game where it's the enemy's health that regenerates, and not the player's.

Also, a brilliant solution to the age-old quest compass solution: in the vast majority of cases, it points to the quest GIVER rather than the destination. Finding the destination based on provided clues is the whole point of the quest.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Also, a brilliant solution to the age-old quest compass solution: in the vast majority of cases, it points to the quest GIVER rather than the destination. Finding the destination based on provided clues is the whole point of the quest.

BotW does this for many quests.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
7s9sccqui4hz.jpg

Delterius

Arcane
so I was trying to catch a pretty horse when a horse riding goblin shot at me

then I found the pretty horse again and another horse came running and alerted him

the third time a giant slime appeared and scared the horse

the fourth time is the charm but apparently I don't have enough stamina for horses that don't look like cows

that's when I said fuck it, climbed a mountain and shot a goat

which is when a falling star or something fell on another mountain

so I ran there but I didn't have enough stamina to climb it and I forgot to cook elixirs

:despair:

also bethesda kys

Most of my food inventory consists of stamina and x3 speed potions for just that reason. Cutting grass near Bird land will net you as many hot foot frogs as you care to farm.

You can usually take care of any health needs by tossing raw meat on fire instead of cooking meals since the fried meat actually stacks in a slot.

Last edited:

funkadelik

Arcane
Horses were almost pointless past the first couple hours. Travelling efficiently is all about stamina, climbing, and gliding.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Yes but I wanted a cool horse.

Who doesn't want a cool horse?

That's, like, half the RPG.

Why would you need a horse when you can ride a fucking bear.

:yeah:

When is the DLC coming out?

Nintendo has been fairly quiet on this.

Wondering the same thing myshelf. I think they said to the end of the year.

Anyway after completing the game I think I'll make a 2nd playtrough where I'll just go straight for Hyrule Castle after completing the plateau.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
New Bosses! More unique Dungeons! ALREADY AVAILABLE!!!

:yeah:

This is the first truly open world Nintendo has made and they've clearly made a better job than any other developer in the last 14 years (except for New Vegas and the SureAI team).

Altough that mountain mountain motorcycle at the end was just...

:deathclaw:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So you get to ride a motorcycle?

It's not entirely out of place, but it's pretty silly regardless. All Nintendo has to do now is give Link a gun and borrow elements from some sci-fi fantasy like game and just go apeshit with it.

Long time ago Nintendo wanted to make the Zelda series based on the idea that the Triforce is a super powerful computer chip that lets you time travel and Hyrule was a virtual world. We're clearly seeing some of those hi-tech elements bleed into BoTW and even more so now.

Keldryn

Arcane
There was a motorcycle riding Link in some of the early "exploratory" concept art for BotW. Not necessarily concepts that would be seriously considered, but just letting the artists go wild and see what they come up with.

It's totally out of place and almost more of an Easter egg, but there's something awesome in its silliness. Looks fun to drive around anyway. I could definitely live without it, but it's entirely optional. Not sure if I'll ever bother getting it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom