Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Leak of the future IGN Review:

dgnj9j.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Haven't messed with consoles in a long time but very tempted to get a WiiU for some simple, old school type shit on the TV once in a while. This game is adding to that motivation.

Perkel

Arcane
Haven't messed with consoles in a long time but very tempted to get a WiiU for some simple, old school type shit on the TV once in a while. This game is adding to that motivation.

At this point this reads like necrophilia. Even shitty Vita has more support than WiiU

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

When I want old school shit on the TV, I plug the HDMI cable from my PC to the TV, and there we go.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

When I want old school shit on the TV, I plug the HDMI cable from my PC to the TV, and there we go.

Pretty much everything I play on PC is RPG or strategy. I'm interested in some nonsense jumping shit and kart racing my wife, ya know?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

At this point this reads like necrophilia. Even shitty Vita has more support than WiiU

Depends on what you mean by support. Mediocre JRPGs and other assorted bottom-of-the-barrel Japanese games, or Smash, Bayonetta 2, and 3D World*.
After typing that sentence I now realize the usage of "bottom-of-the-barrel Japanese games" could fit for the examples I gave as well, but you get the picture.

I don't know about you, but one vastly exceeds the other in my eyes. Pro-tip: It's the choice that doesn't have a mobile port and Hatsume Miku on the front of it's store page.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

Well, at least Wii U have nice platafformers as Tropical freeze, Rayman legends, Marios, and other games as Smash, Mario kart, Monster hunter and Bayonetta's. Vita is completely forgotten by sony, but is a valid option to play niche games and J-RPGs.

---

Arcane
Nice artworks from Nintendo:

tloz_link-horse_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

ckxtiacuuame8qu_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

The first, real gameplay should be presented tomorrow (14/06) at 6 pm (UTC+2).

Ivan

Arcane
oh my. when did Team Ico take the reins? this looks and sounds great (long ass climbing aside)

---

Arcane
Why, why, Nintendo produces these beautiful games for its shitty consoles who nobody wants? Ahhh, good times, when there was the SNES (best console evah).

Keldryn

Arcane
Looks like a Wii game. #RIPN2012HARDWARE #RIPN2016GAMES

Like hell it does:

skyward-sword-screenshot-00015.png

00283.jpg

Breath of the Wild looks amazing and the art direction is brilliant. The trees being the only exception from what I've seen so far; they've still got flat planes with leaf textures on them which don't look so great.

Notice that in the videos, Link doesn't just walk through the long grasses, the grass blades react to link walking on them, which is very cool.

Watching the live E3 stream now... this game already seems to have a very different feel to it. Your weapons will break with use, so you need to take weapons from fallen enemies and use them. Just a few minutes in and they've shown swords, spears, clubs, and axes. There are no more hearts to be found lying around the world when you slash the grass; you find food and you can replenish your hearts by eating. They seem to have ditched the long, boring intros of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. There is almost no exposition at the beginning -- within a couple minutes of Link waking up, you're out in the world trying to figure out what's going on and where to go.

Oh man, I can't wait to get this game. :)

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/742769501893074945

20 mins demo for you

Looks like Zelda it's a walking simulator now :martini:

If the dungeon design is good enough, this game has potential to become one of the best adventure games evar.

Some theories made by me:

- Link can travel through time to the past, when Hyrule was in a good status, with those crab enemies enabled. The devastated world is the current Hyrule, and the old man is the King of Hyrule

Ck7V6UiWkAAT2wi.jpg
Ck7V6wVWEAAEO1k.jpg

Keldryn

Arcane
The old man in the cave in front of a fire is a nice nod to the original NES game.

You can hack the arms off of the skeleton monsters, then pick up the arm (which is still writhing) and beat them to death with it. Creepy for a Nintendo game.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, looks more like an open world RPG now. Waypoints, stats, it was inevitable I suppose. Maybe it'll go as well as Dragon's Dogma, but, we'll see.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Looks absolutely amazing, oozes style and new gameplay opportunities.

For shame that I will never by a Nintendo console.

Perkel

Arcane
So... I hear there's some progress on Wii U emulation ?

Yeah it can run almost bug free few games already at half speed with best CPUs.

Mind you it is only software rederer and they want that first to work good then they will move to DX12 or something like that for performance.

looks generic as fuck. literally skyrim+wind waker mash-up. at least majoras mask had that distinct feel and look. fucking nintendo never changes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom