Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Deleted member 7219

Once you go Trails you never go back.

Mychkine

Educated
Are the Vita versions of Cold Steel I and II decent?

I played these versions of Sen 1 and 2.

I think, as a full time worker and father of two, that mobile gaming is the best way to enjoy lenghtly games like those, playing a bit before sleeping or in the morning before going to work, without needing to spend a lot of time alone on a computer.

That said, Vita versions have the flaw that Vita hardware is a bit too weak to handle the games properly. Expect frame rates drops and blurry graphics.

I still enjoyed the games a lot and I don't find the need to play them again on my computer. I may change my mind when III and IV ship on Steam, so that I can get proper starting saves.

Last edited:

Ysaye

Arbiter
The explanation as to why Claire likes Rean is touched on in more detail in Cold Steel 3; IMO it puts a lot of why she treats him the way she does in Cold Steel 2 into perspective.

Are the Vita versions of Cold Steel I and II decent?

I originally played the Vita versions; I have been playing them again at the moment via the Steam versions on a brand new laptop. My conclusion is that you won't be missing anything, and (like Mychkine says) perhaps the Vita is better suited for full time working adult life, where sitting at a computer some more of the day is a little tortuous.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've bought a bunch of new computer parts for ~$1000 and upgraded my 8yr old rig. The first game I bought is TitS SC. Though now I have a decent modern gaming machine I still won't succumb to popamole.
:mlady:

Tits is all one needs. (c) Seboist

Hyperion

Arcane
Just beat Trails SC a few days ago, kinda sad it's over because the writing was that damn charming. Was a little upset that 3rd is gonna change the protags, but then I saw that ending scene between Kevin and Weissman and figured it should be breddy gud.

Bought 3rd, CS I & II, Ys Origins, and Felghana all in 1 swoop for the Steam sale because they're hardly ever discounted. :love:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
https://geofront.esterior.net/2018/06/27/trails-from-zero-70/

Trails from Zero: 70%
Post Music:

Hey, everyone! As you’re well aware, this marks another ten percent done in the first editing pass of Trails from Zero. However, this progress report is a bit more special than the others. Zero’s script is split up into four spreadsheets, and, now, we’ve managed to complete three out of the four. That’s pretty insane. Everything outside of Crossbell City has been edited, which just blows my mind.

20180624193314_1.jpg

20180624193432_1.jpg
20180624194143_1.jpg

I guess there’s not too much to fill you guys in on with this update. Ribose has started to look into non-dialogue text, such as NPC names, map labels, arts, crafts, and everything else under the sun. Jose was quickly able to insert that text into the game, and it looks fantastic so far!

20180624193958_1.jpg
20180624194242_1.jpg

Now that we’ve started this part of the patch, we decided to throw something together for you fine folks. Here’s a little demo video of Trails from Zero, showing the Special Support Section’s journey to Armorica Village!

Remember, things are still prone to change! This is more of a, “Hey! Look at all this good English text in game!”

Until next time, everyone!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Jinn

Arcane
Fucking spoilers man, what the fuck?

I have to agree. HoboForEternity , you might want to throw these under a spoiler tag. Could spoil it for people who want to be surprised, and for those who haven't played through the entire Sky series.

Besides that, this is pretty fucking sweet. Looks like the last two of the Cold Steel titles are shaping up to have some major payoffs.

I've actually just been getting around to finishing up Sky SC myself recently. The 10-15 hours after the Prologue were as much of a slog to me as the first 10-15 of FC. Once I got over that hump, the momentum has kept up pretty well throughout. Getting me pretty pumped up for Crossbell and Cold Steel (and the inevitable awesomeness that will be the Calvard Republic, which I'm honestly most excited about besides Crossbell).

Shadenuat

Arcane
That's Steel 3?

Would make Rean and co look poor in comparison.

Well actually, Joshua and Rean are both terrible protagonists so they should hang out. Somewhere far away. Estelle can join my party.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom