Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Deleted member 7219

Two more weeks until I can get more Sara in 1440P. :d1p::love:

I put aside my dear Alisa and chose Sara in my PC playthrough.

She better be worth it in CS2.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
People should buy this since this will probably be the last falcom game xseed makes for pc.
Why do people keep saying this?
NISA just screwed up Ys 8 twice. I don’t think Falcom will be giving Trails to them.
There is also Aksys who did Tokyo Xanadu.
Anyway, what's wrong with XSEED, why would Falcom want to ditch them? I know the release of original trails games was rough (despite that the sales are good), but CS seems to be doing fine.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
People should buy this since this will probably be the last falcom game xseed makes for pc.
NISA just screwed up Ys 8 twice. I don’t think Falcom will be giving Trails to them.
Anyway, what's wrong with XSEED, why would Falcom want to ditch them? I know the release of original trails games was rough (despite that the sales are good), but CS seems to be doing fine.

The sales of Cold Steel are pretty borderline, it's sold less units than Age of Decadence on Steam, although at a higher price point. I can't blame Falcom to want to try other publishers since the overall revenue must be a small percentage of their JP sales.

Also, surprised CS2 pricing isn't announced. Is it that hard to decide on how much you want to sell your game for? It makes me think this release date is a knee jerk reaction to YS getting delayed and they've moved it up out of the blue because it's an excellent release window.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Wait, were the SC evo games really *full* JP voice acting. For a Falcom game. Wut.

Also forgot how much I hate Estelle's JP voice, the casting from Xseed for VAs is massively better than the anime pixy voices. Easily their single biggest contribution.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
They already revealed the price a few days ago.

It's official, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II is launching February 14th. Play it on Windows PC with improved graphics and over 5k added voice lines.

Add it to your wishlist on Steam, GOG and Humble for $39.99 US, €39.99 EU, and £29.99 UK

The sales of Cold Steel are pretty borderline, it's sold less units than Age of Decadence on Steam, although at a higher price point. I can't blame Falcom to want to try other publishers since the overall revenue must be a small percentage of their JP sales.

The game was already released two years earlier for PS3 and Vita. A lot of fans probably bought it already and wouldn't need a second copy.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
But most players are filthy casuls who don't understand the value of getting Claire in maximum resolution, so they probably won't buy the superior version if they already have the game :philosoraptor:

Deleted member 7219

Also, surprised CS2 pricing isn't announced. Is it that hard to decide on how much you want to sell your game for? It makes me think this release date is a knee jerk reaction to YS getting delayed and they've moved it up out of the blue because it's an excellent release window.

If sales were as low as AoD then that is a disaster....

Oh man....

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It's 43k according to steamspy, I don't think it's bad for an old niche game.
If you want better sales you must release it day 1, not wait 10 years.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nah, it is basically comes down to no promotion. Even xseed has said themselves they have no advertising aside from their social media channel and word of mouth

Deleted member 7219

Achievements in CS1 are easy to get if you like the game enough to play it twice (I definitely do, as do the rest of you).

I found the achievements in TITS 1-3 to require elevated levels of autism which unfortunately I do not possess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Achievements in CS1 are easy to get if you like the game enough to play it twice (I definitely do, as do the rest of you).

I found the achievements in TITS 1-3 to require elevated levels of autism which unfortunately I do not possess.
Just as long as you get "Hot for Teacher" in your initial run then you're all good.

Deleted member 7219

What the fuck are NISA doing even talking about TOCS 4? I hope if the Ys 8 disaster didn’t decide things in favour of XSEED this definitely will.

NISA assuming the future of the Trails series is in their hands has gotta be seen as disrespectful by the Japanese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
The sales numbers of Tokyo Xanadu were 4 digits for Aksys as well keep in mind.

The biggest threat is that there's a first party port by Sony or somesuch really, considering all the games were brought to PS4 at the same time.

Deleted member 7219

The sales numbers of Tokyo Xanadu were 4 digits for Aksys as well keep in mind.

The biggest threat is that there's a first party port by Sony or somesuch really, considering all the games were brought to PS4 at the same time.

Have Sony ever ported a game to the PC that they did not publish first themselves?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
wuSbEXo.png

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

cPB9Qhj.png

I need better internets :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom