Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails in the Sky SC and Trails of Cold Steel Released

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Crooked Bee, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Somberlaingender: ⚧ Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Dragon Vision quartz automatically analyses enemies if you kill them with it equipped so you can give it to Rean or Laura for example and finish enemies by s-breaking for guaranteed analysis.

^ Top  
  2. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    Gosh it takes every essence of my will to avoid looking at coldsteel 2 spoiler. It drains me every day. That fuckin ending.

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Matt with a full stop at the endgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Matt with a full stop at the end
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Cold Steel 2 is my favourite Trails game... so yeah, there's a lot to look forward to. I was lucky - my PS3 playthrough of ToCS 1 took so long (because I don't have easy access to a room with a TV in it) that I had ToCS 2 delivered a couple of days before I finished the first game. I started the second game straight away.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Matt with a full stop at the endgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Yeah, problem was that other characters kept killing monsters or a burn/freeze effect I had applied killed the monster for me. I preferred using the Detector craft from Elliot or Emma (because I always had at least one of them in my party), or a battle scope if it looked like the enemy would go down before their turn. Wasn't a problem. It is literally one monster entry I am missing now - the boss fight at the end of Chapter 6 has about three enemies in it and I got them all except for one fucking thing and it was because I had to get Laura to lay the hammer down on it ASAP.

I missed the treasure chests too. Odd that, considering I was using a guide. Looks like I'll need to be ultra careful next time.

^ Top  
  5. junglgender: ⚧ Learned

jungl
    Parrots:
    I left off few days ago at basically the final boss in cold steel/hard difficulty. The combat system really starts to break down late game because some of the mechanics like food items, quarts, speed stat, specials. Going to make a bunch of soda so fie can bring up peoples cp real fast. Switch out millium because she basically useless with her low hp score and mediocre damage to that blonde girl with that op insight special.

Does the combat system break late game in the sequels also?

^ Top  
  6. Matt with a full stop at the endgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Parrots:
    It does at the end of ToCS 2, yes, where boss fights become a showcase for how you have basically created a team of superheroes.

However, that is the same for all RPGs.

All RPGs become easy once you understand how to game the system.

Gotta say, if you're at the end of the game and you're still referring to Alisa as "that blonde girl".... I wonder if you've been using turbo mode...

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. junglgender: ⚧ Learned

jungl
    Parrots:
    Well at least they pick a good time to end the game before it becomes too stupid.

^ Top  
  8. Seboistgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Seboist
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Should use the quartz that points them out in the minimap.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. oasis789gender: ⚧ Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:

• Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • incline x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. 4249gender: ⚧ Erudite Patron

Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Shiiiiet, took me about 70 hours to complete my first playthrough on hard. ToCS felt like an even more of a slow burn than TitS. But goddamn the ending pulled no stops... Now I need to actively block myself from googling all the questions that were left open.

I wonder how fast I could do a NG+ especially since I already got the side/hidden quest cheevos out of the way. Just turbo+dialogue skip through everything.

I felt the new Orbment stuff was alright, but a bit weird. I didn't really understand the point in having lines anymore in your Orbment, since the only thing they affected was the amount of Sepith you need to pay to unlock them. Felt like heavy Arts users were being punished for having good lines that did jack shit. Not that it mattered that much in the end.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Somberlaingender: ⚧ Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    Parrots:
    Longer quartz lines = more max EP

But that's the only benefit in ToCS 1&2.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. 4249gender: ⚧ Erudite Patron

Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Welp, to answer myself, about 8 hours, in one sitting :lol:

Had some missed books and character notes and shit though and I did some of the optional quests to be sure to get the Lionheart medal for all master quartz.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. 4249gender: ⚧ Erudite Patron

Parrots:
    Heh, the 100 hours cheevo uses the in-game clock, which is affected by turbo mode.

So,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Mark.L.Joygender: ⚧ Learned

Mark.L.Joy
    Parrots:
    Usually never care about spoilers but I read about the chancellor and :negative: would have preferred to learn about it ingame.

• Despair Despair x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Data4gender: ⚧ Arcane

Data4
    Parrots:
    Late to this party. I just got TITS:FC. I do miss me some old school JRPG, but I seem to have developed an impatience with dialogue. This looks to have some potential, so I hope I can settle in after I finish the Guild test/tutorial part.

^ Top  
  16. Matt with a full stop at the endgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Parrots:
    Dialogue in FC is a bit twee and folksy until the plot picks up later in the game.

^ Top  
  17. Data4gender: ⚧ Arcane

Data4
    Parrots:
    Yeah, I recall dialogue in the old games being this way, but I guess as I've gotten older and operate with a ridiculous sense of urgency about 75% of the time, I keep feeling like these conversations can impart the same amount of information with half the back and forth. Ah well, it's a me problem. Genre's always been this way.

^ Top  
  18. Somberlaingender: ⚧ Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    Parrots:
    More Claire? :bounce:

Not only is Claire 5/5 waifu, her English voice makes me rock-hard :desu:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    claire in that cocktail dress hggggn. i wouldnt blame rean when he was captivated

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Somberlaingender: ⚧ Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    Parrots:
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. oasis789gender: ⚧ Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:

Looks like this is ready for prime time. If you wanted the Evo voices in Xseed Sora, its here. The alternative is patching Xseed Sora text in Evo, if you have a jailbroken vita. It's unclear to me which is the definitive version.

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Lhynngender: ⚧ Arcane

Lhynn
    Parrots:
    Any way to get the jap voices into trails of cold steel for pc?

^ Top  
  23. oasis789gender: ⚧ Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again Jack Dandygender: ⚧ Arcane

Jack Dandy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    So I've been getting deeper into SC.. it really is a good improvment over FC. The combat system is pretty damn good fun!
    Tried it on Hard at first, but then it kicked my ass. So somebody showed me how to hexEd it back into Normal.

Whoa, cool!
    Care to point me at where you can install these?
    EDIT: Scratch that, appears it's only for FC at the moment.

Still, just a simple undub for the battle voices would also be good.. I dislike most of the voices in the English version.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    ^ Top  
  25. oasis789gender: ⚧ Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)