Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
TiTS 3 does present tons of important lore and world building info for fans but the doors (and the whole plot setup, really) are one of the gamiest methods possible for presenting it. A lot of storyfags probably think that the game feels artificial and fake because of it so they don't like TiTS 3 so much.

jungl

Augur
where does trails cold steel keep your save files on pc? nevermind i found out c user saved games

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
PUOQXHf.jpg

:whatho:
tumblr_n3paz2N56W1txezlvo3_500.gif

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is anyone else getting really choppy performance randomly after exiting menus (camp/notebook/shopping)? Usually it goes away after a waiting for 10-20 seconds but some times the only way to get rid of it is restarting the game, so it's getting a bit annoying.

edit: Goddamnit now I had to restart the whole system for it to start working again :negative:

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I managed to hit 350k damage with Rean's S-craft during the endgame in ToCS2 (final boss has around 900k-1mil hp on nightmare) IIRC:shredder:

They should probably nerf S-crafts for ToCS3 or various quartz that synergize too well with them.

Deleted member 7219

Have Laura nuking the shit out of things again like i did on PS3, I was able to OHKO...

Sara during the second fight with her in Chapter 6
lol same

dealt like 37000 ish damage. damn dominion
I actually had to redo that fight since I forgot to analyze her and wasn't anticipating a OHKO.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of her gear and or orbments? I've never been able to game the system like this.

RuySan

Augur
I'm still stuck in the first trails in the sky after losing interest.

It's true the writing and characters are way above the usual jrpg standards, but it's not enough to carry the whole game.

The difficulty settings annoy me. Normal is just too easy, and in hard most fights take way too much time, specially in the late game. Do the subsequent chapters improve on this?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Would you mind sharing a screenshot of her gear and or orbments? I've never been able to game the system like this.
Domination quartz + all str + 2 Passionate Rouge, something like that.

I ended up playing with delay, evade and speed casting though since it's more interesting. I made Rean into slow-hitter and linked him to Fie. She has 75% base evasion for now and is loaded with Impede gems. I am leveling up Katze quartz for her too since it's interesting.
I reached 5 firebolts/turn and maxed Criminal & Aries, but still didn't level up Pandora to level 5 for Emma no-delay Luminous Ray

mikuru-beamm.jpg

I'm at chapter 6 and I think I'll try and finish game with 3 spellcasters. Here's my Elliot as he was during boss fight against Darth Vader:

ImZ1G2k.jpg

The fucker took a lot of firebolts to take down but we were pretty safe with Mathias/Juggler loaded up with ~130 Speed as well who kept Chrono Bursting and putting protection spells on us, as Juggler has both of the best ones. Although I ended up just luring Darth Vader into corner somewhere with lonely Fie buffed with Shining and he kept missing mostly. I cleared mines with AoE spells&crafts.

I'll have to see if I will manage to get 3 casters to ~130 Speed since there's only 1 Skanda gem and I only have 1 Abyss Shadow because I never exchanged or grinded anything.

NPCs: "WELL NOWA I KNOW I DONTA NEED TO HOLD BACK"
(SUPAH HIT CRAFT MILLION DAMAGE)
Fie: [Miss] [My turn!]

tumblr_ni9ichMoig1rawb5do1_500.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Domination quartz + all str + 2 Passionate Rouge, something like that.

I ended up playing with delay, evade and speed casting though since it's more interesting. I made Rean into slow-hitter and linked him to Fie. She has 75% base evasion for now and is loaded with Impede gems. I am leveling up Katze quartz for her too since it's interesting.
I reached 5 firebolts/turn and maxed Criminal & Aries, but still didn't level up Pandora to level 5 for Emma no-delay Luminous Ray

mikuru-beamm.jpg

I'm at chapter 6 and I think I'll try and finish game with 3 spellcasters. Here's my Elliot as he was during boss fight against Darth Vader:

ImZ1G2k.jpg

I'll have to see if I will manage to get 3 casters to ~130 Speed since there's only 1 Skanda gem and I only have 1 Abyss Shadow because I never exchanged or grinded anything.

I've heard that since Rean and Fie both have delay crafts, it is better to only utilise one of them rather than both.

In my 1st normal playthrough I was able to use basically any character I wanted, provided I still geared them sensibly.

Now I'm playing through on hard and I'm thinking that the last few chapters will need me to properly balance my team. I think for the final dungeon I'll use Rean with speed and impede gear/gems to delay the bosses as much as possible, Laura as a strength nuker, Emma as an arts nuker and Alisa for recovery and CP.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I'm still stuck in the first trails in the sky after losing interest.

It's true the writing and characters are way above the usual jrpg standards, but it's not enough to carry the whole game.

The difficulty settings annoy me. Normal is just too easy, and in hard most fights take way too much time, specially in the late game. Do the subsequent chapters improve on this?
No,but there is a turbo mode patch currently in beta which will fix slow combat.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I've heard that since Rean and Fie both have delay crafts, it is better to only utilise one of them rather than both.
I'm pretty sure that's not correct. I'm not sure how it stacks and if, but Delay is an affliction like any other, so if enemy is resistant to it (and some bosses are), it may not work if you only hit enemy once. That's why people stack Impede gems together to get through resistance. Plus, Rean & Fie have an advantage of their Crafts having less (or none, like Scud Ripper) delay and thus being as fast as normal attacks, compared to other party members. So if you

gotta go fast

They're top pics.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Or, just use cheatengine's speedhack. Works just as well, and you can set up a general turbo mode instead of keeping a button pressed.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Also, ToCS2 is a higher-level game (starts at level 40 and you have all the ToCS1 crafts at the beginning) and enemies are more resistant to ailment-resistant across the board so you need even more or stronger delay effects to keep it up. ToCS2 adds delay bonuses to some quartz and gear which apply to all your attacks, however, so you can do even better delay builds.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Have Laura nuking the shit out of things again like i did on PS3, I was able to OHKO...

Sara during the second fight with her in Chapter 6
lol same

dealt like 37000 ish damage. damn dominion
I actually had to redo that fight since I forgot to analyze her and wasn't anticipating a OHKO.

Here's Laura's setup at the time of that battle

20170815110804_1.jpg

20170815110820_1.jpg

And how I had her setup in the final dungeon back on PS3

20170803_195247.jpg

20170803_195354.jpg

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Need to stretch fights to hear the best part of the battle theme :negative:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Emma, The Terrible

ohx7qri.jpg

BigTitties Necromancer Proved to be sustainable with mobs and pretty cost effective with Soul Blur no-recoil spamming, and excellent at laughing at enemy arts while protecting other 3 party members with her magic reflect craft which as you know does not affect Emma herself.

But zen I got

j8RKVd2.jpg

Hmm but what does that Area+2 mean for us

SgIrmAM.jpg

:evilcodex:

aG1XjaN.jpg

Also got 20k hit with ShadowSword

But, not sustainable whatsoever. Katze is partially sustainable as you can cast every battle for 20% of your mana. Soul Blur is great spammy spell. I also tried Thor and put CP stuff & Invigorate in, but didn't feel the kick on the level of using Aries. I guess that one meant for Jusis.
So for full party of casters Mathias would really go long way

Also began leveling Vermillion, Murakumo & Orochi at the same time to see where that takes me.

Last level School Dungeon music is pretty great.

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Made it to the final chapter, but it turns out that i missed a book (Imperial Chronicle 9), so unless I'm able to get it from the curious shop or something place later on, i'm screwed for getting the book chievo. :mixedemotions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom