Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Deleted member 7219

Fuck. Rean is moaning like he's never moaned before, and everyone in Ymir is trying to get him and his sister to fuck. Princess Alfin actually wants to watch. What the hell is with Falcom and their creepy incest romances?

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's over soon.

Elise will be absent for most of the game and Rean's whining stops after the prologue.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Fortunately, Rean doesn't express any interest in pursuing that, or is even aware of that whole business, but furthermore, you can get him to express his desire for his one and only, the purple lightning.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Rean's CS3 art

5a2dfa65ba.jpg

And Alisa's.

bf3c38adf2.jpg

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is that Crow behind Rean or did they make Rean's reflection look like it on purpose?

Anyway, I wonder if they'll pull a TitS3 and have the same cast but a different protagonist next time?

Deleted member 7219

will trails of azure/ ao ever localised?

I hope so. XSEED's silence during and after the release of ToCS 2 is a little worrying. Maybe the sales have been bad and they are preparing to walk away from the franchise...

If not, then surely we're going to still get TitS 3 and ToCS 3 and hopefully Trails to Zero / Azure. TiTS 1 and 2 were improved versions of PC ports already released, so they can do that again this time - build on the stuff already there, improve the resolution and menus, have Falcom help fix the bugs.

So, ToCS 3... looks PS Vita and therefore PS3? Interesting (and risky) move.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
AFAIK, there's a regular Japanese PC version of Azure, but only a chinese PC version of Ao. The latter would be an issue due to the extra licensing involved with the Chinese company(which is why i assume the chinese PC versions of Ys Seven and Ys Celceta haven't been localized yet).

And Cold Steel/Sen 3 is on PS4 not PS3 from what I've seen, and according to this link they (supposedly) hope to have it out by Sept 2017(in Japan of course): http://www.falcom.co.jp/kaisya/ir/library_pdf/setumei1609.pdf

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
By the time it comes out in the West, PS4 will probably be dirt cheap so I guess I'll make my first console purchase in 15 years then.

Deleted member 7219

AFAIK, there's a regular Japanese PC version of Azure, but only a chinese PC version of Ao. The latter would be an issue due to the extra licensing involved with the Chinese company(which is why i assume the chinese PC versions of Ys Seven and Ys Celceta haven't been localized yet).

And Cold Steel/Sen 3 is on PS4 not PS3 from what I've seen, and according to this link they (supposedly) hope to have it out by Sept 2017(in Japan of course): http://www.falcom.co.jp/kaisya/ir/library_pdf/setumei1609.pdf

That PDF has box art which shows PS3 and PS Vita.

Deleted member 7219

Thoughts 11 hours into ToCS 2:

Not sure about the music. It is a bit Power Rangers-y.
They've dialled everything else in the game up to 11, so I guess it fits with mechs running around everywhere, but part of me likes the toned down approach of TitS and ToCS 1.

Nice seeing my team mates again. The re-introduction scenes are really well done, even if Rean seems a bit gay in how LONG he hugs his male friends for.

I really like the way Falcom make sequels - revisit old areas and characters you've met before, and see what's changed. The areas were so well designed in ToCS 1 I don't mind visiting them again. There's new areas to visit too, like Ymir (and snowboarding!), but I've also just got back to the Nord Highlands and I'm happy to be riding around on a horse again.

Systems seem to be the same, although arts have been given a well needed buff. I missed a fucking missable quest about an hour ago and didn't have a save to fall back on - it was a quest just before I got to Garrelia Fortress where some merchant is chased away by soldiers. I didn't actually realise I was meant to search for him. Also missed a chest with a gladiator headband in. That was fucking annoying. I've managed to get the companion chests so far, though - guess those come in handy for later.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hopefully they're not so retarded that they think it's a good idea to release the last part of a trilogy on a different console than the first two-thirds of the trilogy. Plus, I can't imagine the game needing the extra console power since so far they look like late-era PS2 games (likely due to being on the Vita, which is essentially a portable PS2).

Deleted member 7219

Hopefully they're not so retarded that they think it's a good idea to release the last part of a trilogy on a different console than the first two-thirds of the trilogy. Plus, I can't imagine the game needing the extra console power since so far they look like late-era PS2 games (likely due to being on the Vita, which is essentially a portable PS2).

If TOCS 3 is currently in development, it would be ridiculous for them to still develop it for such an aged console. But yeah. it'll probably be PS3 so they can still access the Vita market.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Releasing a brand new game for PS3 in 2017 (if it even comes out next year) sounds kind of ridiculous, though. But I guess it's primarily a handheld game, and if Vita is still the latest, it might happen.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

If TOCS 3 is currently in development, it would be ridiculous for them to still develop it for such an aged console. But yeah. it'll probably be PS3 so they can still access the Vita market.
Ys VIII is on PS4 and on Vita, so i don't see why it would be any different here.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ps4 only? i understand ditching ps3, but ditching vita? i thought vita is have a big share of userbase especially in japan. except they aim to get return from western market, which the series is a really niche there

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Here's an english translation of that story, and it has an extra screenshot showing Alisa.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12...ced-ps4-exclusive-first-screenshots-released/

Today Nihon Falcom announced that The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki III) will be released in Japan in the fall of 2017. On top of that, it will be the first game of the series to be PS4 exclusive.

The announcement promises the introductions of many new elements never seen in the series, while preserving its tradition as a turn-based JRPG, rich in tactical depth and story. It will also bring improved graphics and controls.

Below you can read a brief hing on the story, but if you haven’t played Trails of Cold Steel and Trails of Cold Steel II, it could be consider a spoiler, so you might want to just skip to the gallery.

The game will be a sequel of the first two games, and will be set in the year 1206. After the end of the civil war, the Erebonian Empire has welcomed the beginning of a new era, and a new story of young heroes will start, focusing on the protagonist of the first two games Rean Schwarzer, who is now known as a hero in the country, nicknamed the “Grey Knight”

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel was first released on September 26th, 2013 in Japan, for PS3 and PS Vita, but western fans had to wait until the end of 2015 for an English version, courtesy of Xseed Games. The second game of the series was released on September 25th, 2014 for the same platforms, and was recently release in North America on September 6th, and in Europe on November 11th.

Hopefully the third game won’t take as long to launch in the west, but to be fair Trails games tend to have extremely beefy scripts, so localization is bound to take a while, expecially when done by smaller publishers with limited resources.

The first batch of screenshots, a piece of artwork featuring Rean, and the new Japanese logo were also released, and you can check them out below. Now, if you don’t mind, I have some champagne to uncork. Today looks like a promising day.

tet666

Augur
Here's an english translation of that story, and it has an extra screenshot showing Alisa.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12...ced-ps4-exclusive-first-screenshots-released/

Today Nihon Falcom announced that The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki III) will be released in Japan in the fall of 2017. On top of that, it will be the first game of the series to be PS4 exclusive.

The announcement promises the introductions of many new elements never seen in the series, while preserving its tradition as a turn-based JRPG, rich in tactical depth and story. It will also bring improved graphics and controls.

Below you can read a brief hing on the story, but if you haven’t played Trails of Cold Steel and Trails of Cold Steel II, it could be consider a spoiler, so you might want to just skip to the gallery.

The game will be a sequel of the first two games, and will be set in the year 1206. After the end of the civil war, the Erebonian Empire has welcomed the beginning of a new era, and a new story of young heroes will start, focusing on the protagonist of the first two games Rean Schwarzer, who is now known as a hero in the country, nicknamed the “Grey Knight”

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel was first released on September 26th, 2013 in Japan, for PS3 and PS Vita, but western fans had to wait until the end of 2015 for an English version, courtesy of Xseed Games. The second game of the series was released on September 25th, 2014 for the same platforms, and was recently release in North America on September 6th, and in Europe on November 11th.

Hopefully the third game won’t take as long to launch in the west, but to be fair Trails games tend to have extremely beefy scripts, so localization is bound to take a while, expecially when done by smaller publishers with limited resources.

The first batch of screenshots, a piece of artwork featuring Rean, and the new Japanese logo were also released, and you can check them out below. Now, if you don’t mind, I have some champagne to uncork. Today looks like a promising day.

Will be a looong time till we get the game in the west anyway but i assume they will probably port the first 2 games as well and do pc ports for the west (or outsource them like tokyo xanadu and the other games)
porting from ps4 is pretty easy anyway.

Deleted member 7219

I hope they port the Crossbell games first. TOCS is easy to get a hold in the west with the English translation (you just need a PS3), but you can't get Crossbell in English at all, surely they should get priority (especially as they are happy with the sales they are getting from TITS on Steam).

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
This news makes me sad. I only recently got a ps vita to play ToCS and some other niche titles. However, I remain hopeful that they'll do pc ports for the whole trilogy sometime in the future...they even admitted that steam sales in the west were often much higher than in Japan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom