Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime The Last of Us - Part II

---

Arcane
Just announced. Still no date.

Cyxi_ASVIAANpgC.jpg

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Maybe by that time we can get a Last Of Us remastered for PC edition. Though at this rate buying a used PS3 will be chump change. Just don't want to by any console, no matter how cheap, for just one game.

A horse of course

First was great. Good writing, killer ending, decent stealth mechanics, no auto regenerating health, excellent voice acting. However, their story should be over.

It's shit like this that makes everyone say nasty things about you in shoutbox when you're not there.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I look forward to play this :)

Not anymore.

Watched the PSX2016 interview:
- Ellie will be the main character in LoU2 (she will be 19 years old),
- first game was about love and the relationship between Ellie and Joel, this new game will be about hate and how that relationship will disintegrate,
- they basically went full SJW retarded.

pippin

Wasn't the dlc basically "ellie falls in love with a black girl?"

Also, this game beats Bioshock Infinite in the category of "gamechanger which got forgotten one week later".

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Wasn't the dlc basically "ellie falls in love with a black girl?"

Also, this game beats Bioshock Infinite in the category of "gamechanger which got forgotten one week later".

Yeah (the DLC was retarded anyway).

Druckmann is a regular advocate of gender equality in video games, citing Anita Sarkeesian as an inspiration; he presented the Ambassador Award to Sarkeesian at the 2014 Game Developers Choice Awards, and regularly advocated her projects. Throughout the development of Uncharted 4, Druckmann was influenced by concept artist Ashley Swidowski to include more female characters in the game. "She is constantly challenging me and pushing for diversity in our cast", he said. Upon a focus tester's criticism regarding the inclusion of a female character in Uncharted 4, Druckmann instructed him to leave, responding "Wow, why does that matter?".

Similarly, Ellie of The Last of Us was initially received negatively in early focus tests. Druckmann is proud that Ellie is a "strong, non-sexualized female lead character", and hoped that other developers would take similar approaches to characters without fear of unpopularity. Druckmann and Straley were surprised by some of the backlash in regards to gender roles in The Last of Us, although Druckmann noted that "the more progress we make, the more those problems stand out". He declared it a "misconception" that female protagonists hinder game sales, evidenced by the success of The Last of Us

They butchered Uncharted ending but it seems that was not enough for Druckmann. The new Uncharted will have a female protagonist which is presented as: "Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross are back!". I bet my ass that they will kiss or do some other lesbian shit (cause is 2017).

As for LoU2, I'm not bothered by Ellie being the main character but I can also guess that her lesbian past will come back (as if it is very important to the story). And Joel will probably bite the dust or become a cuck.

Really, I don't know what Druckmann was thinking but the first phrase about the game was: "first game was about love, this game is the counter to that, this story is about hate". Fucking awesome. I cannot pass a story about hate. Especially lesbian hate.

I hope I'm wrong but the chances for a good story are slim this time.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think it's a mistake to continue Joel & Ellie's stories. One of the strengths of the original's storytelling was that it let the viewer fill in the gaps between the various time skips. The DLC story was already far less interesting than the main game's because it was filling in gaps in the story that were better left to one's imagination.

The original's uncomfortable and ambiguous ending had a sense of finality to it; whether it was an ending of faint hope or further despair was up to the user's interpretation based on his or her own world views. Making a sequel that more or less tells the user how the ending is to be interpreted retrospectively weakens the impact of the original's ending.

Since the original's release, a commonly encountered sentiment is that the game should be a one-off. By deciding that the story needs a continuation, I feel the writers might not comprehend what exactly made the original's story work for a lot of people. I'm fully expecting the first game to seem like a happy accident compared to its sequel.

Trotsky

Arcane
First was great. Good writing, killer ending, decent stealth mechanics, no auto regenerating health, excellent voice acting. However, their story should be over.

The Last of Us had a great universe/story and a few more tales to tell. A proper sequel would be from an antagonist perspective like Half Life: Opposing Force.

Last edited:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So, one theory about the story based on that trailer that I read in comments:

Joel is only there in her imagination. He's actually dead. The story will be her going after the people who killed him.

sullynathan

Arcane

Ivan

Arcane
I didn't "get" the first one. The pace breaking platforming sections killed my fun and didn't bother seeing it through.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Druckmann is a regular advocate of gender equality in video games, citing Anita Sarkeesian as an inspiration; he presented the Ambassador Award to Sarkeesian at the 2014 Game Developers Choice Awards, and regularly advocated her projects.

:what:

Druckmann, more like Cuckmann. Disgusting. Even more reason to boycott this game.

Also, edgy girl is allowed to kill due to her anger issues. Totally legit. Battered woman syndrome and all that, all very understandable. It's not murder, it's a women's right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom