Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The kickstarter big Three and a half poll

Which of the three had the best main features as listed bellow?

• Divinity Original Sin

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • combat

Votes: 81 68.1%
  • main plot and story

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • quest design

Votes: 24 20.2%
  • art style

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Pillars of Eternity

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • combat

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • main plot and story

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • quest design

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • art style

Votes: 68 57.1%
  • Wasteland 2

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • combat

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • main plot and story

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • quest design

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • art style

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Dragonfall

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • main plot and story

Votes: 44 37.0%
  • quest design

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • art style

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • combat

Votes: 23 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hiver

Presuming everyone had their fill of the big three kickstarters, it may be time to poll them against each other by their main features.

You have 12 votes to assign or responses to click on, so dont go voting for the titles themselves because that will be a vote less for features. I had to set the poll like it is because there are no other options i can see.

Vote only for the main features as listed, not in relative sense but as choice between the three games.
Use all 12 votes or less as you see fit.

Quest design includes the narrative and C&C of quests.

Combat includes mechanics and encounter design.

- if anyone can set up the same poll in a better way feel free to do so.

NO NEED TO VOTE FOR THE TITLES. THAT IS POINTLESS. VOTE FOR FEATURES ONLY.

Last edited by a moderator:

hiver

Maybe some other time in some other poll.

Nice to see someone wasted a vote on a titles of the games already.

AMG

Arbiter
Pretty obvious, combat goes to Divinity, everything else to Pillars. Also didn't Shadowrun raise like double the amount Divinity did? Seems weird that you picked Divinity over it as "the big" kickstarter.

hiver

5 votes for wasteland 2 quest design... will be substracted because of obvious trolling.

Tigranes

Arcane
Art: POE hands down, because the rest are
Plot/Story: POE, but it's not really amazing in any of them.
Combat: POE and DOS are pretty good for very different reasons. DOS would win for innovation if it didn't become so trivially easy and if the character system was complex enough to support more than 1.5 playthroughs before showing everything.
Quest: Decent, not amazing, in all of them really.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Combat/quest design for D:OS, Art style/main plot for Doragonfall, although I had to think for a while between DF and PoE when it came to art style.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Combat goes undeniably to Original Sin. Everything else goes to Pillars very clearly, in my opinion, although I liked the four games on the poll very much.

hiver

Ok, all the votes that went to the titles of the games will be subtracted from the feature with most votes.

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dragonfall for the combat and Pillars of Eternity for everything else. Wasteland 2 was very good on quest design too. As far as D:OS is concerned, it way below the other three. I don't even consider it a proper RPG. It's more of a hack and slash/action game.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Dragonfall had everything IMHO.:S Wasteland 2 misses out on 'art style', D:OS misses out on 'main plot & story' and PoE misses out on everything except 'art style'.=(

Relatively speaking, IMHO.:'(

Aenra

edit: Not so Nice poll hiver though i do not expect any surprises, outcome-wise :)
should have added two more options in my opinion [if possible]:
- Interactivity (D:OS for me)
- Sense of character progression (PoE for me)
As it is, bit of an injustice come to think of it

Voted D:OS for combat and quest design
(quest design in the sense that at least from the three listed, a) i have the option to complete some objectives in a manner of different ways that do not limit themselves to dialoguesque C&C, b) unlike the other two and hence the vote, it allows for a 'pseudo' non linear approach; ie you can find yourself having skipped parts of the main quest, moved on to later areas and still be able to backtrack, pick the main chain up)

PoE for pwetty graphics and story. A shockling turn of events, who'd have thought! Play once, shelve until Weidu2 is invented. Hopefully. Before i am too old

Wasteland 2 deserves no vote. Had you listed an option such as 'begun KS craze, all hail the new hope, that it should get by right.

Shadowrun i never finished. Cheap, tablet-esque shovelware TB-slap-on-so-it-will-sell unworthy of purchasing. Indies going for free have done better

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom