Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
New Humble Monthly is out.
I got..
The Talos Principle
The Masterplan
Mushroom 11
Grim Fandango Remastered
Spelunky
A Fistful of Gun

Not bad, only had Spelunky of the bunch.

Plus if I pay right now for februari bundle instead of em pulling 12 bucks in 3 weeks from now I can get Alien Isolation instantly or wait 34 more days for the next bundle.

Dont get this, its the same 12 bucks that will pay for that bundle, whats the big deal if I pay now or in 3 weeks? Maybe they had alot of canceled subscriptions. Who knows.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nice try, but fuck subscriptions.
Blind sub = no thanks. Fruit of the Month club lets me know whether I'm getting apples or pears! Horrible idea that sadly is seeing enough sales to continue. All it does is weaken the game selection for their traditional bundles.

Astral Rag

Arcane
O4RcE2M.jpg

https://coinplay.io/bundle/rise-of-the-phoenix

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Humble Bundle's latest: The Firaxis bundle!

For a buck:

X-Com: Enemy Unknown (2012 game)
Sid Meier's Pirates (2004 game)
Ace Patrol Bundle
Civilization 3

BTA (currently $7.58)

Civ 4 Complete
Civ 5 (not complete, it seems)
Sid Meier's Starships
X-Com: Enemy Unknown DLCs
X-Com: Enemy Within
"10% off Humble Monthly" coupon (are they fucking serious?)

Pay $15 or more:

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth + DLCs

All for Steam.

More games coming soon. DLCs for Civ 5 are a given, Colonization and Covert Action maybe thrown in as well?

I'm passing on this one. I'd be in for the $1 tier if those were the original games and not some remakes.

Brumaire

Educated
Thanks to SteamDB, we already know the upcoming games: old X-Com bundle and some map packs for Civ V.

Atomkilla

Arcane
I'm a cheap bastard. If anyone's got an extra XCOM vanilla key they don't need, I wouldn't mind being a parasite.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm a cheap bastard. If anyone's got an extra XCOM vanilla key they don't need, I wouldn't mind being a parasite.

This time, they give you 1 key for tier 1, 1 key for tier 2 and 1 key for tier 3. It's not possible to get separate key for games within the same tier, which sucks.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yea, its shit.
Would be way better if there's a key for each game. Only game I miss from tier is Starships, now 3 games will go to waste when I use it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
You can pay what you want on IndieGameStand for Hadean Lands. That’s the latest IF by Andrew Plotkin and it’s quite something. Let’s just say that if you have any interest in Interactive Fiction, that’s a great deal. You get a Glulx file that you can open with pretty much any Glulx interpreter.

Astral Rag

Arcane
A new game bundle wants to give Bryan Henderson, the god who Peter Molyneux forgot, $10,000
By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 27/01/2016

jpg

The people behind an upcoming game bundle want to give Bryan Henderson, the winner of Curiosity: What's Inside the Cube?, $10,000.

The Forgotten God game bundle goes live on 26th February, with 10 per cent of revenue going to the Scot.

Last year Eurogamer told the story of Bryan Henderson, the god who Peter Molyneux forgot.

Molyneux's studio 22cans promised Henderson a percentage of revenue made from Godus, the controversial crowdfunded god sim, while he assumed the in-game role of God of Gods. But that role - and therefore the money - never materialised.

Now, a company called Bulletproof Bit is using Bryan's story - with his blessing - to help promote GameBundle.com.

The Forgotten God game bundle includes eight games that, currently, remain unannounced (Bulletproof will reveal the games in the bundle as it gets closer to launch). But we do know it'll include a game that has won game of the year awards previously and a game that has never previously been bundled.

Bulletproof boss Patrick Archer told Eurogamer the aim is to raise $10,000 for Henderson.

"When we first started work on GameBundle.com, we discussed which charities we wanted to support," he said.

"This was right around the time that Bryan's story came out in the media. Like many of those who had read the story, we empathised with Bryan and how he must have felt after coming to the realisation that the amazing prize he had won would never be delivered.

"We decided that we wanted to do something to make him whole and approached him to participate in our first bundle."

Henderson told Eurogamer he's perfectly aware that his story is being used to help promote a game bundle, but is happy to help.

"I realise it's beneficial for both sides," the Scot, currently wrapping up college work, said.

This isn't the first time Bryan has worked with the game industry. Last year publisher Devolver Digital made Bryan a "digital god" in Not a Hero. He's also been asked to make music for games.

"Even without me gaining anything, whenever someone's asked me for something like this before I've always been happy to help," he said.

"I've always said yes to people in the past after the whole Godus thing. I was featured in games. I've had other offers that haven't happened.

"A lot of people felt bad for me. That's what people have come to me before with, to make amends for what happened with 22cans.

"I just hope it's not been so long after all the crap went down that people will lose the sympathy for what happened, and maybe they're not so inclined to give the money. They're getting games out of it. It's not like they're donating."

If the Forgotten God game bundle is as successful as its organisers hope, Henderson's in line to pocket $10,000.

He said he'd use any money he receives to travel after wrapping up university.

"I would save most of it for travel, and probably buy a few bits for my computer, some upgrades. I've been looking at a new graphics card. I'd probably buy some music gear," he said.

"I've been thinking about backpacking after uni. I'd love to go to Canada. That's my number one place to go. I'd probably do quite a bit of travelling for a month or two."

The story shines the light on Godus, 22cans and Peter Molyneux, who hasn't spoken to press in nearly a year. We'll have more on all three soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom