Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2

pippin

Grotesque Tactics is like a turn based game with lots of comical elements, but I haven't played much of it yet.
Also Imperial Glory is a nice alternative to Empire Total War.
Velvet Assassin is the stealth game you play when you're sick and tired of the usuals.
Knights and Merchants is nice too. But VA and KnM get bundled all the time as well. Imperial Glory is constantly on sale on Steam too.

Grim Monk

Arcane
3D realms anthology is getting removed from steam jan 1st, and if you picked it up in the last steam sale it's still within the refund deadline.
Apparently they lost :cry: the rights to the old Duke Nukem games.
The "Franchise Rights" now belong to Gearbox:
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/dukestatement/
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...-duke-nukem-franchise-after-legal-settlement/

It's a replay of the Interplay vs Bethesda lawsuit saga.

This may result in versions of Duke 3D being pulled from sale.
GOG doesn't currently seem to have deal with Gearbox.
The Steam "Megaton Edition" was published by Devolver Digital for 3D Realms.

It's a currently :( unclear what their future status will be...

pippin

You can enter your email and receive the key. Enemy Mind is a neat little game actually, a sidescrolling shooter where you have to capture enemy ships, each with unique (and finite) ammo and abilities.

Turjan

Arcane
It's been a while like that. I don't even look at those "free" keys on Bundle Stars anymore. It doesn't stop at Facebook, there's this "Coupons" site involved, too.

pippin

Life is Strange only includes the first chapter. Also this is the first bundle to include a FF game.

Caim

Arcane
Front Mission Evolved looks like a delightfully cheesy mech game. Is it any good?

And how about The Last Remnant, what's that like?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Front Mission Evolved looks like a delightfully cheesy mech game. Is it any good?
You should not play it and if you do, you should feel bad about it.

The Last Remnant is the game every codexer wants but they just don't know about it. Have you played any of the SaGa games? It is basically a SaGa game in all but name, imo.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The Last Remnant is the game every codexer wants but they just don't know about it. Have you played any of the SaGa games? It is basically a SaGa game in all but name, imo.

Yes, I enjoyed the game. If you don't want to invest enormous amounts of time to find every secret yourself, a quick glance in the wikia might be advised though (weapon upgrade materials etc.).

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

Putting aside it shits on Front Mission, it suffers from damage sponge bosses, sketchy as fuck story and horrendous on-foot gameplay when they force you out of your wanzer. I did enjoy skating around in your wanzer, though.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I haven't played any SaGa game, and I have to ask, what exactly do SaGa games do best? And what does The Last Remnant do that is so much like it?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't played any SaGa game, and I have to ask, what exactly do SaGa games do best? And what does The Last Remnant do that is so much like it?
I haven't played it since I beat it around its release on Xbxo 360, but here is what I remember.

It's a turn-based jrpg that lets you have up to five unions in battle and each union can have up to five units (18 units is the max number per battle). You can make each unit focus on different things. Maybe you want a lot of mages or healers in one union, or maybe an attacking union that also uses items when needed. In some fights, you might not want to set up the maximum amount of units or unions. In the most difficult battle in the game, I did use less units than the maximum amount, just because I was getting destroyed. I entered that battle with five unions that had three or four units (total 18 units), but it just didn't work out. Instead, I made three unions with with five units and managed to win the battle..

Each union can also have different formations. Formations can have a very big difference in how things will go. There are also upgraded versions of formations that you can get. Some are good for speed, some are good for physical defense and so on.

There's also morale. If your morale gets low during a battle, the possibility of you getting screwed increases. There are various things that has to do with morale.

There are deadlocks that happen when unions engage in melee combat, then there are big units that can deadlock more than one unit. You can flank units or go for rear assault if positioned right on the battlefield.

There are a lot of these things that are in the game, but I don't remember them all off the top of my head.

All of these don't have much in common with the SaGa games. What the game has in common with the SaGa games is the turn-based part and the way stats and skills are gained. Use melee a lot and your stats that help with melee will go up. Use physical arts to learn more physical arts. Use healing spells to learn more healing spells and so on.

I found the combat to be really exciting and there are some great and challenging encounters in the game. I 100%d everything so that I could fight the extra difficult final boss and I have to say that it was an amazing fight. I have no clue how I managed to win it, but win it I did.

Caim

Arcane
I haven't played it since I beat it around its release on Xbxo 360, but here is what I remember.

It's a turn-based jrpg that lets you have up to five unions in battle and each union can have up to five units (18 units is the max number per battle). You can make each unit focus on different things. Maybe you want a lot of mages or healers in one union, or maybe an attacking union that also uses items when needed. In some fights, you might not want to set up the maximum amount of units or unions. In the most difficult battle in the game, I did use less units than the maximum amount, just because I was getting destroyed. I entered that battle with five unions that had three or four units (total 18 units), but it just didn't work out. Instead, I made three unions with with five units and managed to win the battle..

Each union can also have different formations. Formations can have a very big difference in how things will go. There are also upgraded versions of formations that you can get. Some are good for speed, some are good for physical defense and so on.

There's also morale. If your morale gets low during a battle, the possibility of you getting screwed increases. There are various things that has to do with morale.

There are deadlocks that happen when unions engage in melee combat, then there are big units that can deadlock more than one unit. You can flank units or go for rear assault if positioned right on the battlefield.

There are a lot of these things that are in the game, but I don't remember them all off the top of my head.

All of these don't have much in common with the SaGa games. What the game has in common with the SaGa games is the turn-based part and the way stats and skills are gained. Use melee a lot and your stats that help with melee will go up. Use physical arts to learn more physical arts. Use healing spells to learn more healing spells and so on.

I found the combat to be really exciting and there are some great and challenging encounters in the game. I 100%d everything so that I could fight the extra difficult final boss and I have to say that it was an amazing fight. I have no clue how I managed to win it, but win it I did.
So it's like a more tactical turn-based RPG, then. Hm, Imma look into this some more.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All bundles on Indiegala are half off today. Most of them are shit but there's an Artifex Mundi hidden object bundle that I picked up cause they have bright colors, an Anuman adventure/ish bundle that I didn't get cause they're all brown (and repeats) and the latest Monday bundle has pollack Fallout wannabe Krai Mira (codex thread) and a Goosebumps game, aside from all the regular pixel platformers.

ss_55d772dd7e258285aaf46383d715a0d3593411df.600x338.jpg
ss_7c3d2f06726a49dd85a37a0ba0bc4170352050c7.600x338.jpg

ss_fd06e50239e1f33c7414b066f74ce7dd86352d9b.600x338.jpg
ss_61b16a46434eee068bd32e33bebb16d09b95559b.600x338.jpg

Serus

Arcane
Patron
From the title alone i can tell that Krai Mira is not "pollack" but Russian (or perhaps Ukrainian) Fallout wannabe. Which makes more sense, ex-soviet union people love the post-apocalypse genre be it books/games/whatever. I know, its all different kind of :outrage: to most people but still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom