Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A few performance tweaks, I think, but nothing major.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember some custom maps for Borderlands 1. You had to install the custom Oasis hub to get to them. Most of them were unfinished or had some problems with optimalization.
There was a great fast travel mod for moving through the DLC's locations. Unlike in the base game, you had to travel or drive through the whole maps to the destination. This mod saved me a lot of time. After this, Craw farm map, plus my favourite mod for farming - Fifth Column. Plus there are of course custom weapons and shields/mods for all of the characters. Most of them were just one shot killers but you could find something interesting if you really wanted to.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-1-custom-map-links-here/415407

Here is the link to all maps.

Coyote

Arcane
Humble Weekly Bundle: Eye Candy 3

$1
Tengami
Where Is My Heart?
Back to Bed

BTA (currently ~$3)
7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
Deep Under the Sky
Valdis Story: Abyssal City

BTA + $1
The Dream Machine: Chapters 1-5

Pretty good one, I think. Valdis Story (which is supposed to be a decent Metroidvania) alone is below its lowest past price, and there was high praise for The Dream Machine's music and art direction in the Adventure Gaming forum a while back. Some of the others look interesting, too.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
To add, only The Dream Machine is limited to Steam, all the others are available as DRM-free downloads from Humble Bundle.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Boringlands. Its for the crowd that likes to grind. It got level scaling too.

Its a +1 to Steam library, nothing more.

pippin

Something being fun in multiplayer is not really a selling point for a game, though. Everything can be fun if you do it with your friends.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Indie Gala Friday bundle
https://www.indiegala.com/friday

min. $1 + VAT- BloodNet (Steam)
- Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender (Steam)
- The Defenders: The Second Wave (Steam)

min. $2.89 + VAT- Treeker: The Lost Glasses (Steam)
- Siralim (Steam)
- Hypt (Steam)
- Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (Steam)
- Woolfe – The Red Hood Diaries (Steam)
- Sirius Online (Steam)
- Gunship! (Steam)
- Slave Zero (Steam)
- Global Ops: Commando Libya (Steam)

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Where were you guys before I made the purchase? Oh well... $6 is a fine price for me to discover the problems on my own.

Finding some coop buddy is the first thing you should do. After some time people will join you and then Borderlands will be the perfect timesink for you. Only 4 players online will give you maximum item drops and fun factor. I would play with you, but the timezones are too deadly too me, and I've already sink 500h or more in it with all items in my belonging. Never played any MMO but it was a great experience for me. Lots of solid groups that I've been in, talking and killing in-between. Borderlands 2 lacks a proper itemization and it's too easy to die even if you have high level. You probably will spend more time laying down waiting for help from others than enjoying it. I finished base game and never looked on the DLC pack, it was just too much for me.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
New weekly bundle at Humble Bundle, consisting of kickstarted games.

Pay what you want tier:
- Guns of Icarus
- AR-K
- Full Bore

Beat the Average tier:
- Among the Sleep
- Retro Game Crunch

13$ tier:
- Lords of Xulima
- Warmachine Tactics

Are any of the lower tier games worth it? I already own LoX and am mildly interested in Warmachine, but not sure if it's worth the 13 bucks.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Aight men, lay it on me. Lords of Xulima has been $10 before, and I think there's a good chance it'll go to 7 or 5 this winter.

With that said, do you think the other games combined are worth $8?

Black_Willow

Arcane
Lords of Xulima is currently on sale on GoG. You can buy it cheaper than $13 (it's 8.29 Euros in Poland) and it's the Deluxe edition with some extra stuffies.

Coyote

Arcane
For anyone else who's been holding off on picking up Moebius, it's confirmed to be in the Groupees Be Mine 21 bundle, which you can preorder for US $2.50 - a third of its lowest past sale price. Usually Be Mines are split into $1 and $4 tiers once they go live, and I'm guessing that Moebius will be in the $4 tier.

(Kingdom Wars 2 and Clandestinity of Elsie are also confirmed to be in.)

Are any of the lower tier games worth it? I already own LoX and am mildly interested in Warmachine, but not sure if it's worth the 13 bucks.

Full Bore is a decent puzzle game, but nothing outstanding. It's enjoyable enough to be worth installing if you do pick up the bundle, but it's not worth picking it up for on its own.

I haven't played Guns of Icarus Online or AR-K, but they get bundled fairly often. For what it's worth, I've heard that GoI's playerbase has dwindled to the point that you can expect to have to wait quite a while on the matchmaking screen (though I expect that being in a Humble Bundle will help with that for a while).

sexbad wrote a little about Among the Sleep here; sounds like good atmosphere and environments wasted on weak gameplay.

Don't know about Retro Game Crunch.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Yeah, I need to know whether Warmachine Tactics is worth $13 too (Steam says its base price is $39 so it would take a 66% discount and only if you aren't interested in LoX as well)

Turjan

Arcane
GoI seems to be bundled for the umpteenth time here just to sell their new DLC. You get a 33% off coupon for that one, and base price is $19.99.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom