Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bundle Stars has Lego Marvel Superheroes pack with the game and all of the DLC for 6,19€. Hasn't been that cheap on Steam before either. I've not played any of the Lego games, but I've heard they're alright. Anyone know if this particular iteration is any good?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Of the Lego games I've played, Marvel Superheroes is the best one. You'll be getting the full game + DLCs for the price of the DLCs alone, so it's a bargain.

Angthoron

Arcane
d1soq1.png

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/nightmares-bundle/

No love for Betrayer? I was actually pleasantly surprised by it. Its a semi-open world spirit detective shooter where you explore the events that lead to the destruction of several towns and tribes in 17th century america. The game is black and white (except for the colored red) but you can add in color from the option menu if it hurts your eyes. I personally liked the desolated atmosphere a lot.
I think everyone on Codex should own a copy by now. There's a thread about it and everything.

Caim

Arcane
Of the Lego games I've played, Marvel Superheroes is the best one. You'll be getting the full game + DLCs for the price of the DLCs alone, so it's a bargain.
The Lego games are pretty fun, and I have quite a few on the PS2 and Wii. But I found that Lego LotR controls like ass on the PC. Should I plug in a controller for Marvel Superheroes or are the controls still dildos?

Turjan

Arcane

No love for Betrayer? I was actually pleasantly surprised by it. Its a semi-open world spirit detective shooter where you explore the events that lead to the destruction of several towns and tribes in 17th century america. The game is black and white (except for the colored red) but you can add in color from the option menu if it hurts your eyes. I personally liked the desolated atmosphere a lot.
I think everyone on Codex should own a copy by now. There's a thread about it and everything.
Also, this one has been bundled to death.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
The Lego games are pretty fun, and I have quite a few on the PS2 and Wii. But I found that Lego LotR controls like ass on the PC. Should I plug in a controller for Marvel Superheroes or are the controls still dildos?

I'm not a controller man so I can't give a comparison, but I ran into problems in Marvel Superheroes with the controls. Using Kbrd + Mouse to do some of the flying races was near impossible, so yes, plug in that controller.

Coyote

Arcane
Humble Indie Bundle: All Stars Edition (one week long instead of the usual two):

$1
World of Goo
Super Meat Boy
Dustforce DX

BTA (currently ~$4.35)
Dungeon Defenders Collection
LIMBO
Braid

BTA + $1
Risk of Rain
Antichamber

Interesting setup for that third tier. It's designed so that the average can potentially continue to rise over time instead of slowing as it nears a fixed price.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Not only do I own every single title from that bundle, but I've gotten them all from other Humble Bundles.

Yes, they're clearly trying something new here with that payment scheme.

I smell a drying well somewhere...

pippin

Only valuable for Stalker, M&B and Duke Nukem, I guess.
The Steam version of Broken Sword is, well, broken. Dialogues cut out, etc.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Latest weekly bundle: Cats cats cats!

Pay whatever:

Schrödinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark
Pix The Cat
Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender

BTA:

Torchlight 2 (because cat animal companion)
Mousecraft Humble Deluxe Edition

Pay $10:

Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore a Fedora

Pay $25:

A t-shirt with cats on it

---

My opinion?

Grumpy_Cat_No_03.jpg

Coyote

Arcane
Deadly Premonition + Bedlam for $1.89 for the next 23 hours.

Decided to go for this one after seeing posters here describe DP as this weird mix of bad design, brilliance, and insanity. Even if it turns out to be shit, those posts made it sound too interesting to pass up. (Probably better off just watching Twin Peaks an LP, but all that money I'm not spending on the Steam sale has to go somewhere.)

If you pick it up, be sure to grab Durante's fix to help fix the problems with the bad PC port.

Edit: Oh yeah, and this one may be of interest to some: Frozen Synapse Prime (comes with a second copy), Drakensang: The River of Time, 140, Vertical Drop Heroes HD, Riptide GP2, Lilly Looking Through, Boson X, Two Digits, Visibility, and Smugglers V: Invasion for $3.49.

Last edited:

Explorerbc

Arcane
Wow, they added only 3 out of 4 DLC in the 1$ tier, so that they can still milk something out of that old game.

You make me proud 2K, I never expected anything less.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Very nice. Since Borderlands 1 & 2 seemed to be admired around here, I was thinking of buying the pair for my PS3, as I figured console controls for a game like this would be better than a PC version of the game. But purchasing them both on humble bundle saves me about $35 and let's me use mods.

:incline:
You can still use a controller just fine. The UI will make you less angry with a controller

pippin

Nexus has sites for Borderlands 1 and 2. Most mods seem to change superficial stuff, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom