Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not one of the 6. I'm one of those that doesn't give a shit about these games.

Fire Warrior was the last Warhammer-related game I played, and the stink of it swore me off any Warhammer-related games for life.
Wh40k spehss mahreen is actually decent.

kazgar

Arcane
Played DoW I a bit, am i gonna like DoW II?

never played CoH stuff, i think i got half of it in another bundle and never touched it.

Caim

Arcane
Played DoW I a bit, am i gonna like DoW II?

never played CoH stuff, i think i got half of it in another bundle and never touched it.
DoW II is kinda like a RTS with cover-based shooting crossed with Diablo. If this immediately puts you off you should not bother.

Astral Rag

Arcane
d1soq1.png

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/nightmares-bundle/

Executr

Cipher
GamersGate started yesterday its Summer Sale. It will last until 11 June (the day when supposedly the Steam SS will begin).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Ugh, Montague's Mount. Now THERE'S a game I recommend everyone to avoid.

You're an amnesiac wandering around on a remote island off the coast of Ireland, trying to figure out the who, how and whys of your predicament. There's no one else around, the game involves trying to solve basic puzzles, hunting keys and reading journals.

Turns out that the whole island was subjected to a plague and you're the last person alive on the island. Cue sickening "OH THE HUMANITY!!!111" moment, roll credits.

The game is about as terrifying as that painting of the dogs playing poker.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
GamersGate started yesterday its Summer Sale. It will last until 11 June (the day when supposedly the Steam SS will begin).
Assault Squad 2 is on sale.

Nah, better get first MoW and Campain Generator. So much random things happening.
Other recommendation?
Brigade E5 (need Immortal Badass mod) 7,62 High Calibre (need Blue sun Mod 2,1) and Planet Alca...actually scratch that.
Oh, and The Sting is on sale. Wonder how this game hold up today.
Still waiting for Bet on Soldier sale...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Assault Squad 2 is on sale.

Nah, better get first MoW and Campain Generator. So much random things happening.
Other recommendation?
Brigade E5 (need Immortal Badass mod) 7,62 High Calibre (need Blue sun Mod 2,1) and Planet Alca...actually scratch that.
Oh, and The Sting is on sale. Wonder how this game hold up today.
Still waiting for Bet on Soldier sale...
Got the entire MoW man. Just wanted to complete the collected. Already have E5, 7,62 and Alcatraz.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah but thing is - MoW1 was so good (miles better than overrated CoH) that sequel add so little things it make the deal doubtful.
Want for collecting purpose? That's good reason. Ok.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Yeah but thing is - MoW1 was so good (miles better than overrated CoH) that sequel add so little things it make the deal doubtful.
Want for collecting purpose? That's good reason. Ok.
Yeah, now to play them one by one and wish I could git gud at Russky gaems.

Astral Rag

Arcane

Ugh, Montague's Mount. Now THERE'S a game I recommend everyone to avoid.

You're an amnesiac wandering around on a remote island off the coast of Ireland, trying to figure out the who, how and whys of your predicament. There's no one else around, the game involves trying to solve basic puzzles, hunting keys and reading journals.

Turns out that the whole island was subjected to a plague and you're the last person alive on the island. Cue sickening "OH THE HUMANITY!!!111" moment, roll credits.

The game is about as terrifying as that painting of the dogs playing poker.

Thanks for the warning. I purchased the bundle because the Samaritan Paradox looked interesting pretty. Betrayer is alright too but I already owned that one.

Coyote

Arcane
Groupees has a preorder up for Be Mine 20. Wouldn't normally post about a preorder because fuck paying without knowing what you're getting - especially with the level of shit that Groupees usually delivers - but sometimes they give hints that give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. This time it's been strongly hinted that one of the games will be the new Shadowgate, which was pretty well-received here and would cost less at the $2.50 preorder price than it's ever been before. Will most likely be $4 once the bundle is up.

Other games that appear likely based on the hints given so far: Hektor, Pier Solar and the Great Architects (confirmed), and Z.A.R.

Dryngar

Novice
Project: Eternity
This week's Humble Weekly Bundle is games from Slitherine (that's right!): https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
Although most games in the bundle seem to be for mobile-fodder, if you are into wargaming you should have a look.

$10 for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is not a terrible deal. Still slightly overpriced in my opinion, but it will certainly not get this cheap on Steam anytime soon.

Coyote

Arcane
That Groupees bundle I was talking about earlier is finally up, though they're still having server issues. Games are as predicted, plus Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock, Lightrise (Greenlight), Angels That Kill (Greenlight) at 6000 sold, and another game at some later goal. Shadowgate is still the main draw, though without the preorder discount it's been on sale for less.

Green Man Gaming also has a bundle: Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Gentlemen!, Air Guardians, Nihhilumbra, FootLOL: Epic Fail League, Gun Monkeys, The Nightmare Cooperative, and Guns of Icarus Online for $2 ($1.54 with the coupon 23PERC-ENTOFF-48HOUR) or free with the purchase of Planetary Annihiliation, Agarest: Generations of War, The Banner Saga, The Red Solstice, Team Indie, or DieselStormers. Check your e-mail to see which key goes to what; GMG's account page just gives you a list of unattributed keys for bundles. Edit: Apparently it changed. Now it's free with the purchase of Postal 2: Paradise Lost, Papo & Yo + OST, Lords of the Fallen, Distant Star: Revenant Fleet, The Red Solstice 4 Pack, or Agarest: Generations of War.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This week's Humble Weekly Bundle is games from Slitherine (that's right!): https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
Although most games in the bundle seem to be for mobile-fodder, if you are into wargaming you should have a look.

$10 for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is not a terrible deal. Still slightly overpriced in my opinion, but it will certainly not get this cheap on Steam anytime soon.

Man, I would like to get CC:GtC(I liked Panthers in the Fog), buuuttttt......aren't they making a new(presumably better) engine for the upcoming games?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Man, I would like to get CC:GtC(I liked Panthers in the Fog), buuuttttt......aren't they making a new(presumably better) engine for the upcoming games?

Yep. It will be used in Close Combat: The Bloody First.
http://www.slitherine.com/games/cc_tbf

e. They are using Unity.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected

No love for Betrayer? I was actually pleasantly surprised by it. Its a semi-open world spirit detective shooter where you explore the events that lead to the destruction of several towns and tribes in 17th century america. The game is black and white (except for the colored red) but you can add in color from the option menu if it hurts your eyes. I personally liked the desolated atmosphere a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom