Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I will probably buy it, but at this time I have only played the demo (which was good), so I can't say if it's a good game or not.
I found it good for what it is. Ie a sequence of very challenging turn based battles (units carry over xp, and you have a campaign budget to replace or add new units to your campaign roster, but you decide little else outside of battles). I really like the game system.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I will probably buy it, but at this time I have only played the demo (which was good), so I can't say if it's a good game or not.
I found it good for what it is. Ie a sequence of very challenging turn based battles (units carry over xp, and you have a campaign budget to replace or add new units to your campaign roster, but you decide little else outside of battles). I really like the game system.

Ok, thanks, bought :).

Coyote

Arcane
http://www.macgamestore.com/pay-what-you-want/

$1

Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
1954 Alcatraz

BTA ($4.75 at the moment)

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
Torchlight II
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Among the Sleep

Pretty decent bundle for such an obscure site. Daedalic adventure games get bundled a lot but are generally well-received around here, and the tier pays for itself in card money if you don't already have them. Cognition is kind of shit, but it has Jane Jensen's name attached, so some adventure gamers will want to try it for that alone. Haven't played Torchlight 2, Among the Sleep, or any of the various Myst remakes. As far as I know this is the first time that realMyst Masterpiece Edition has been bundled, and I don't think it's ever been priced below $5.

Despite the name, all of the games work on Windows. Do keep in mind that you can't pick up the lower tier and then increase your payment later as you can on Humble Bundle, however.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never heard of this site before, are they legit?

Fuck it, bought the $1 tier.

Last edited:

Coyote

Arcane
Humble Origin™ Bundle 2:

$1
Dragon Age™: Origins
Peggle™ (Origin only)
Dead Space™ 2
Medal of Honor Allied Assault™ War Chest (Origin only)
Command & Conquer™ Generals + Zero Hour (Origin only)

BTA (currently ~$4.75)
Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare (Origin only)
Dragon Age™ 2 (Origin only)
Bejewled™ 3
Mass Effect™ 2
+whatever shows up in a week™

Coyote

Arcane
Remaining HB titles have been leaked by KorEA: Sim City 2000, Wing Commander 3 and 4, and Ultima 7. All Origin only, I think.

pippin

There's an RPG sale on Humble Bundle right now. Discounts on The Witcher, Gothic, Bard's Tale, Van Helsing, Wasteland 2, Original Sin, etc.

Modron

Arcane
There's an RPG sale on Humble Bundle right now. Discounts on The Witcher, Gothic, Bard's Tale, Van Helsing, Wasteland 2, Original Sin, etc.

Didn't see any such bundle on Humble Bundle, did you confuse one of the numerous other outfits together?

deuxhero

Arcane
Humble Origin™ Bundle 2:

$1
Dragon Age™: Origins
Peggle™ (Origin only)
Dead Space™ 2
Medal of Honor Allied Assault™ War Chest (Origin only)
Command & Conquer™ Generals + Zero Hour (Origin only)

BTA (currently ~$4.75)
Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare (Origin only)
Dragon Age™ 2 (Origin only)
Bejewled™ 3
Mass Effect™ 2
+whatever shows up in a week™

Maybe I'll get it if Ultimate Edition of DAO is what shows up in a week.

Does anyone know the charities being used? I'm not giving money to Humble "4 in 5 women are raped" Bundle or EA. One of the three has to not be a scummy "raising awareness" "charity" or "harass people for not bending over for anything and everything gay" (one of which was on one of the previous EA bundles)

Multi-headed Cow

Maybe I'll get it if Ultimate Edition of DAO is what shows up in a week.

Does anyone know the charities being used? I'm not giving money to Humble "4 in 5 women are raped" Bundle or EA. One of the three has to not be a scummy "raising awareness" "charity" or "harass people for not bending over for anything and everything gay" (one of which was on one of the previous EA bundles)
It says on there. "Girls Who Code", "The V Foundation", and "Buildon".

Girls Who Code, a nonprofit organization, was founded in 2012 to encourage more young women to complete a college-level computer science education and gain skills to further enhance their employability. Mobilizing leading executives, educators, and engineers, Girls Who Code has developed a new model of computer science education designed to inspire, educate, and equip girls of all experience levels and backgrounds with the skills to succeed in the field.

:dead:

Since 1994, The V Foundation for Cancer Research has awarded more than $115 million to more than 100 facilities nationwide. We fund research for all types of cancer.The V Foundation awards 100 percent of all direct cash donations to cancer research and related programs. Due to generous donors, the Foundation has an endowment that covers administrative expenses.

:kwafuckyeah:

Two-thirds of the world's 785 million illiterate adults are female. Educating and empowering these women is a key first step to ending poverty in the developing world. When women are educated they lift up their entire communities by improving family health, developing sustainable businesses, and making greater contributions to society.

:kwafuckyeah:

Caim

Arcane
Already got DA:O, Dead Space 2, Generals and Mass Effect 2. I don't care for Medal of Honor or the casual games, so I'll give this one a miss.

Unless of course DA2 witout the DLC is worth 5 bucks.

A horse of course

Dragging out DA: II with the DLC isn't worth it. The only thing you really lose is the story connection to DA:I in the Darkspawn one.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Despite the :incline: of the old-school titles, the bundle is a massive :decline: because of:

A: Electronic Arts will be getting money from it.
B: Origin is required.

Fuck that shit.

Multi-headed Cow

C: No Mass Effect 3 for Multi-Headed Cow to finally play it, especially co-op romances with Bruticis.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A: Electronic Arts will be getting money from it.

This is weird, when I buy a bundle in HB I usually split the money between developers and HB (fuck charity) but this time was either charity or HB (there wasn't a developer option) so I ended up giving all the money to HB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom