Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Blitzkrieg series are ok RTS and Hegemony is...worth trying at least,rest are shit.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Frayed Knights is in this new Indie Royale bundle: http://www.indieroyale.com/?royale=214

I have no idea about the other games but snagging Frayed Knights for $2.30 is a good deal.

You mean "Frayed Knights + other stuff" is a good deal.

I had a go at Frayed Knights through an older bundle deal, and was sadly disappointed. Yes, it does a lot of things *right* for an RPG, but at the same time there is far too much grinding through the same mobs over and over again, to the point that it became a chore playing onwards. I just gave up. I'll rather have a go at Bard's Tale (Hi 1986, I've missed you!) than try to play Frayed Knights again.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
A bunch of adventure games for $1.5: https://groupees.com/springfling

Syberia
Syberia II
Schein
Post Mortem
Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy
Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
Salammbô: Battle for Carthage
The Cameron Files: The Secret at Loch Ness
The Egyptian Prophecy: The Fate of Ramses
Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness
Amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy
Curse: The Eye of Isis
Voyage: Journey to the Moon
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals

pippin

2K, Sega and Bethesda sale on Humble Store right now until monday.
Buy any 2k game and get Spec Ops: The Line for free.
Also, not gaming related, but the Weekly bundle has Bill Hicks material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astral Rag

Arcane
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/worms-bundle

I love me some Worms but I would recommend just getting Worms Armageddon instead which is also on sale at the moment, sweet lady luck smiles indeed. WA comes with optional fan-made tweaks and works perfect on Windows 7. It's still as good as it ever was and it can still be played online.

Worms Reloaded: one of those decline incarnate games. Worse than W2, WA and WWP in every aspect, this game screams "I'm a port of an Xbox live game", if you're a "Worms veteran" everything will feel limited and weird and the game has terrible netcode to boot, WR was basically unplayable thanks to regular disconnects even when playing with RL friends who live less than 25km away.
Worms Ultimate Mayhem: one of the much lamented 3D Worms games + this is the truly awful 2011 port. This -new version of the game- has very bad mouse controls, was (is?) capped at 30fps and is a glitchy, bug-ridden mess.
Worms 1: I loved this one back in the day and it remains a fun game to revisit once in a while but it pales in comparison to W2, WA and WWP. Also this is just a quick and easy DosBox release.
Worms Blast: never cared much for this Puzzle Bobble clone but it does run on my W7 machine...
Worms Pinball: mediocre pinball game, doesn't work properly on most modern machines, T17 never bothered to look into compatibility problems, they ignore the game's Steam forum.
Worms Crazy Golf: runs on the WR engine and can actually be pretty fun but it doesn't have online MP :roll: , all in all a decent Worms spinoff.

edit: I reinstalled Worms Ultimate Mayhem and it looks like they removed the framerate cap, the game still runs very poor though. Not too long ago I played Alien Isolation on this computer (1920x1080, high settings, constant 60fps) yet this port of a ps2 game struggles to run at 45fps. Mouse controls are still godawful.

They did find the time to create and release some DLC:
declinet80umi.png

Last edited:

pippin

Humble Indie Bundle 14

pwyw
Pixel Piracy
Unepic
Super Splatters

bta
Outlast
Torchight 2
La Mulana
TBA

10 or more
Shadow Warrior Special Edition (the modern one)

40 or more
stuff noone wants

pippin

If you don't have Torchlight 2 and like arpgs, you should get it. However, if you only want Torchlight 2, I'd say wait for the TBA games and then feed the beggars in the Beg Thread.

Multi-headed Cow

It's a nice bundle but basically the only part of it I don't already have and would want would be Outlast. Humble's breaking my heart.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Present this bundle to your friends: https://groupees.com/taxyear

Gabe Newell Simulator
Bad Rats: The Rats' Revenge
Massive Cleavage vs Zombies
Winning Streak
Red Lake
Secret of the Magic Crystals (Konjad approved)
Roger Tibbs - Yodelling Man (album)
Snowmanilas (graphic novel)

And one more Bad Rats

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Keep an eye on Groupees' current be mine bundle https://groupees.com/bm18
It seems the next mystery game will be Drakensang: River of Time, and it's going to be available for US$4.

Does RoT significantly improve on the base game? I tried the demo of Drakensang and it was pretty terrible. IIRC Brother None praised it a lot in his Gamebanshee review.

And are any other games in that bundle worth two cents? I guess the Fighting Fantasy game could be fun for what it is. I think it's an adaptation of a book from the 80's.

Modron

Arcane
Been awhile since I completed the River of Time, but it was just a far better designed game (nowhere near as dull as Drakensang could be at times), quests were better (still had the ability to side with different factions in several instances, but the quests were more interesting and in one case led to choosing between two npc companions), there were several different cities, less areas devoid of anything but combat, and probably other virtues I cannot recall.

Your mileage may vary of course but the general consensus here around its release was that it was a marked improvement over the first game and all in all a decent rpg game and yeah you should get it.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I don't know if it's the good thread for non-steam sales.

Drums of War is currently discounted.

http://www.slitherine.com/games/DoW_PC

game_1377694129_2.jpg

I will probably buy it, but at this time I have only played the demo (which was good), so I can't say if it's a good game or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom