Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

pippin

I don't really think they would include FF games on any bundle. In fact I think they will offer less games than in their previous bundle:

tumblr_inline_n9g4qu8yhD1r09qkf.png

Caim

Arcane
Is the original Just Cause any good? I had a ton of fun with 2, as flawed as it was. Let's hope that 3 doesn't cock it up too bad with its in-game microtransactions.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
When JC1 was released it was decent TPP shooter. But JC2 is improvement in every aspect (example of doing sequels right).

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They usually add more games exactly a week after it goes up, I think you can expect more. Maybe they had a look at the previous squeenix bundle and realized this one is a bit shit in comparison. And I kind of doubt there will be any Final Fantasy in it, it was pretty telling during the squeenix weekend sale on steam how all FF were kept at/under 50% discount while they were throwing their western games at you.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Problem is the number of games they repeated in this one and then putting stuff like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider in the $15 tier when those games have been lower than $4 each numerous times.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
How weird it's that ports of year-old games get a longer price stability than a recent AAA release... baka no gaijin devs can't compete with glorious nihon.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Not exactly Final Fantasy, but the Made in Japan Humble Bundle sure is full of weaboo:

Cherry Tree High (Complete Pack)
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Ifluent+Language Pack

BTA ($4.49 at time of writing):

Magical Battle Festa
Revolver 360 Re:Actor
The Tale of ALLTYNEX

Pay $10 or more:

Rime Berta
Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming

---

So...is any of this decent?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Not exactly Final Fantasy, but the Made in Japan Humble Bundle sure is full of weaboo:

Cherry Tree High (Complete Pack)
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Ifluent+Language Pack

BTA ($4.49 at time of writing):

Magical Battle Festa
Revolver 360 Re:Actor
The Tale of ALLTYNEX

Pay $10 or more:

Rime Berta
Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming

---

So...is any of this decent?

I have played some of this stuff :

- Rime Berta (decent but your eyes will bleed because of moe shit) : It's a SJRPG : the story is shit but you can skip it, the visual design is shit, the music is rather good and the fights and character progression are correct

- Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (decent for kids) : you're a student who need to recruit members for her comedy club : you need to improve your skills in different dialog subjects and then choose the good subjects with the potential members.

- Fairy Bloom Freesia (rather meh and your eyes will bleed because of moe shit) : It's a beat'em all in 2d-arena with an awful moe design, you can upgrade skills, the controls and the difficulty are correct

- Half minute hero 2 : i have only played the first episode, but it seems to be basically similar, and it was a funny game : each level looks like a tiny J-RPG with "automatic" fights (you walk up monsters) where you must rush between the different area.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
New Weekly Bundle: The Monochromatic Bundle:

For $1:

The Bridge
Closure
Dominique Pamplemousse

BTA (currently at $3.48):

NaissancE
Betrayer
Oquonie (a.k.a. the walking penis game)

For $10:

Neverending Nightmares

The Bridge is a Braid ripoff involving gravity instead of time.
Closure is an interesting puzzle game involving light (or lack of it).
Betrayer is worth a couple of bucks.
Neverending Nightmares seems to be a side-scrolling nightmare roguelike. More creepy than horrific.
No clue on the others, escept for Oquonie (how does one pronounce that?) being a isometric puzzle game.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
COOL BRO HTBANKS

I HAVE A FERW EMULATED DOUBLE DRAGON VERSUONS AS WELL I JUST THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A FUN ADDITION

pippin

Double Dragon Neon is said to be ok. The remake of DD2 is the really bad game.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/killer-bundle-2/

Enemy Front
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar
10 Years After
Reprisal Universe
Samudai
Boid
Blitzkrieg Anthology
Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology
Redline

4.99 USD/£3.99/€5.48 (with VAT).

Okay guise, I know Space Rangers has that Codex seal of approval, but are any of these games besides Space Rangers not shit?

I would like to know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom