Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Turjan

Arcane
Not that it makes any difference now, that I have KoDP on my phone. :incline:
Does this actually work for you? I have difficulties with getting those tiny dialog options to register.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Yeah, it is not ideal, and definitely made with tablets in mind rather than phones, but still playable enough.
I got stuck at the screen where it asked me to choose what kind of clan, War, Balanced or Peace, I want. "Balanced" is in the middle, 2 mm below "War" and 2 mm above "Peace". I tried to somehow catch the overhanging end, but to no avail.

I probably would have skipped, but even some of the single prior options didn't want to work unless I tried countless times, and that got just too bothersome.

Last edited:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
yo nerds the brawlers humble bundle looked like a pile of mobile port shit but I luv brawlers so I dipped on the BTA and Ascendant is fucking fun and hard as balls, recommended. Dunno how well it'll hold up or how good the other games are but I've already got my £3 out of it

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
my favourite thing about Bundlestars is the completely inappropriate games they always throw in. RAISING HELL BUNDLE with Theme Hospital. BLOODSHED bundle with To The Moon. STAR STABLE bundle with Hatred preorder

Turjan

Arcane
How awful are the Overlord games? Worth it for a rainy day?
If you get away with the point that your "evil" Overlord isn't really evil and if you have nothing against the cutesy graphics, the games can be quite enjoyable. I didn't like the aspect that you may have to grind a little bit at some point, but it's limited. They are far from being great, but they are a nice little diversion.

Astral Rag

Arcane
If you get away with the point that your "evil" Overlord isn't really evil and if you have nothing against the cutesy graphics, the games can be quite enjoyable. I didn't like the aspect that you may have to grind a little bit at some point, but it's limited. They are far from being great, but they are a nice little diversion.

Pretty much this.

The games are far from perfect but I enjoyed my time with them. Probably in no small part because I like humorous dark fantasy settings. Also the minions look like they are lifted straight from the best movie ever made (I'm talking about Gremlins of course :obviously: ).
Gameplay is fun enough and the environments are interesting and varied. Overlord games have good music, sfx and voice acting. Visuals were pretty good at the time.

The original game has some annoying flaws, there is no in-game map (not a huge problem) and the camera is limited. The games are playable with KB + mouse but ordering your imps around is much easier with a controller.

Last edited:

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
my dollar was for card city nights
and solforge is completely weak; plenty better flash games

Last edited:

Coyote

Arcane
Humble Star Wars Bundle:

$1
KotOR
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Dark Forces

BTA (~$10 at the moment)
Battlefront 2
KotOR 2
Republic Commando
+whatever shows up in a week

$12
Empire at War: Gold Pack
The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
The Force Unleashed 2

Multi-headed Cow

More like god damn it the three games I don't own out of it are in the BTA and $12 tiers, and I'll be damned if I'm spending $12 for Battlefront 2 and both Force Unleasheds. Especially since I heard the first was a big mess and 40-60 gigs or some damn thing.

On the bright side, being disappointed that Darkest Dungeon hasn't gitten gud and the new humble bundle being nothing too interesting does kinda make me want to go all in on that card game bundle. Still been dragging my heels.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I played most of the old ones before Steam was popular so I have no Star Wars games at all in my library. Easy 12 bucks. To make my day, they only need to add LEGO saga and I'll be super happy.

Multi-headed Cow

I played most of the old ones before Steam was popular so I have no Star Wars games at all in my library. Easy 12 bucks. To make my day, they only need to add LEGO saga and I'll be super happy.
It'd be cool if they did but unfortunately Lucasarts/Disney have been super tight fisted on the Lego games as far as sales go. No idea why. I've picked up just about every other Lego game for $5 or less at some point but those bastards (And Lego Indy) barely drop in price.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ye, it wont happen. I can dream. They probably gonna add Jedi Outcast/Dark Forces II or the expansion pack to the Dark Forces. Can't believe that they still sell it separately from the main game 17 years after release.

edit: brain derps

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom