Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Groupees has a "Lovecraft" bundle up, with what looks like mostly garbage, however for $1 you can get one of the better Android games out there: Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land. Normally retails at $5.

https://groupees.com/lc?source=indiegamebundles

Edit: Eh, forget that. I just noticed CC:WL is for Steam, and the controls are complete shit in that version. It's decent for a phone/tablet game, but otherwise just play Silent Storm and imagine the Nazis are cultists.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Welcome to StoryBundle! Our first bundle of 2015 is The Video Game Bundle V, the next in our enlightening line of video game-focused collections. In this bundle you get ten full-length game culture & history books/magazines for a price you name.

-Boss Fight Books: Jagged Alliance 2
-The Arcade Review: Issues 1-3
-Game Toilet Vol. 1 - 2007-2014
-A Mind Forever Voyaging (Dylan Holmes)
-HG101 Presents: Sega Arcade Classics Vol. 1
-Super iam8bit
-Clipping Through - One Mad Week in Video Games
-Boss Fight Books: Super Mario Bros. 2

http://storybundle.com/games

Turjan

Arcane
The new Bloodshed Bundle is out (€3.59). A mix of newer stuff and some titles that have been bundled forever.

Blood Knights
Guns of Icarus Online
Summoner
To The Moon
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Last Inua
Probably Archery
Skilltree Saga
Chronology
Making History II: The War of the World

I have no idea who that is...
Good. Stay wherever you are.

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
Not sure if I should pick up Bloodshed just for Making History II. Anyone think it's good for that price?

(Maybe Skilltree Saga but it seems like The Dark Eye shovelware?)

Turjan

Arcane
Not sure if I should pick up Bloodshed just for Making History II. Anyone think it's good for that price?
I heard that, while the idea is good, the execution leaves to be desired. Basically, once you solved the short scenario, you are done with the game.
(Maybe Skilltree Saga but it seems like The Dark Eye shovelware?)
Shovelware yes, but TDE no. Well, officially yes, as the game bears the TDE logo, but there's nothing TDE-like in the mechanics or the setting with the exception of a few city and god names. Even if this doesn't deter you, the game is nothing but a very simplistic phone game.

I was buying the bundle anyway, as I was curious regarding Blood Knight, and some of the indie titles looked mildly interesting (Chronology, Last Inua).

Last edited:

Coyote

Arcane
Guess this should go here as well:

The Humble Bundle blog said:
Changes in Steam key redemption

A little over a year ago, we launched OAuth Steam key redemption, creating one-click Steam key redemption for games purchased through Humble Bundle. However, Steam is removing support for OAuth, so we’ll be returning to the system we used before, which requires you to manually redeem your Steam keys.

Starting today, go to your Steam desktop client and use the "Activate a Product on Steam" feature to redeem your keys.

For more details on how this process works, please check out our support page!

Presumably this will also affect Indie Gala purchases, as well as any other bundle site that links to your Steam account for direct activation.

Multi-headed Cow

Gala has switched to keys now, too. Caught me off guard earlier since I was half way through activating a bundle when Valve turned it off.

Coyote

Arcane
Yeah, I just tried it out with that bundle from earlier. It was still listing games in the form of activation links but told me that the connection to Steam had expired and to disconnect/reconnect when I tried to click one. The keys showed up after disconnecting.

Hopefully they'll add the ability to cross out and/or hide used keys like Daily Indie Game and Groupees. I generally prefer using keys over linking to Steam anyway (one less layer of potential security vulnerabilities, no chance of accidentally clicking something with my laptop's shitty touchpad and activating a game I don't want), but the way Bundle Stars does it is much less convenient when you're trying to keep track of what you've given away.

Multi-headed Cow

Yup. I mostly prefer keys too, but like you said it can be a pain in the ass if they don't have a system to mark keys you've already used.

What I generally end up doing is making a text file I shove my crumbs in. Occasionally can still fuck up by either forgetting to delete something I've given away or can't remember if I've already given something away and add it to the pile, but as long as I keep on top of it and add shit as soon as I get it (Which I usually manage to keep straight) it works alright.

Turjan

Arcane
Retroism Bundle at Groupees.
50 cents each, minimum 2 (preorder for all 7 was $1.50).

BloodNet
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
Silent Service 2
The UnderGarden

Slave Zero
Tycoon City: New York
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury

LundB

Mistakes were made.
hurr instead of tossing in darklands, nam, redline, fleet defender, f117a nighthawk, or eradicator, they go with mostly stuff that's already been in bundles. At least it's a build your own I guess.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Remember the first few Humble Bundles that had pretty good games where people would pay things like $30 for the bundle out of the goodness of their hearts?

Now it's just pennies for trash.

Multi-headed Cow

I'm hoping for a Humble Cryptic Comet bundle with all his games in it so he's got a pile of dosh to work on his board games (And so I can spend less money to ease the shame of buying non-Steam games), Humble EA bundle 2 so I can get Mass Effect 3 for a dollar, and Humble Choice of Humble Bundle Humble Game Bundle Humble because I'm curious about all the Choice of Game games on Steam but I barely managed to talk myself out of buying them during the winter sale.

What I'll actually get are pixel art platformers, RPG Maker games, and anime shit. :negative:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I actually managed to not have a single one of these on Steam, although I'm not that terribly far behind you. I got all 7 for $1.50, and I hope at least one game is worth it.
Considering I'm pretty sure you're the 4th biggest steamwhore on the Codex now, that's actually pretty surprising.

I ended up paying the same amount for the 3 games I didn't have but sorta wanted, since fuck preordering blind when there's a good chance I either have all the games or they're all shit.

Turjan

Arcane
I ended up paying the same amount for the 3 games I didn't have but sorta wanted, since fuck preordering blind when there's a good chance I either have all the games or they're all shit.
I guess I fall for the gambling aspect. When I look at 10 meh games at Indiegala for $2, I often enough don't get them. I probably still wouldn't have if these 7 had been there for $1.50.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
At this point most bundles (including the once-proud Humble) are so shitty that whether one has the games or not, it'd be insane not to skip most of them. Never buy a bundle unless there's at least one game you genuinely want to play some time in it.

Turjan

Arcane
Yup. And as I see it, I won't be able to play most of them, ever. And this isn't even everything. I'm testing the GOG Galaxy alpha client at the moment...

Multi-headed Cow

At this point most bundles (including the once-proud Humble) are so shitty that whether one has the games or not, it'd be insane not to skip most of them. Never buy a bundle unless there's at least one game you genuinely want to play some time in it.
I dunno, I still typically bundle if I'll swing 50 cents per +1 or better. The money goes up if there are games I'm interested in of course, but that's the baseline if I'm just buying complete garbage.

Except for Groupees, which has suckered me in to preordering everything even though something like 90% of the bundles I've preordered have been shit and/or +1 at best. I've got a soft spot for grab bags. One day the grab bag will have something good in it. One day.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I dunno, I still typically bundle if I'll swing 50 cents per +1 or better. The money goes up if there are games I'm interested in of course, but that's the baseline if I'm just buying complete garbage.
The way I do it is ignore the complete garbage entirely and figure out the average price per game I might actually want to play. If it comes out to more than a dollar per wanted game, it's a no go unless the game is something I really want and unlikely to get bundled a ton. I'll still activate the garbage if I get it in a bundle with stuff I want of course.

Lately I've gotten even cheaper and skip even more bundles in the hope that I can just snag the game I want without the crap for pennies from a trader.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom