Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Humble Weekly Bundle - RPG Edition Book I: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

It's likely not what you expect from the title.

f3ZryKz.png

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The Forest of Doom is on Steam?

Interesting. Too bad it’s one of the lackluster Ian Livingstone books.

Edit: Oh, looks like they got Appointment with F.E.A.R. That one’s good, and it seems they gave it some cool style for the conversion.

Multi-headed Cow

Dollar for Avadon 2's alright. Especially since Vogel only gets 9 cents of that assuming a normal split. Think of it less as buying a videogame and more as funding more of his blog posts.

Coyote

Arcane
Bundle Stars has King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame 1+2 and all DLC for $4.99. Only a bit lower than the Steam sale price, but IIRC people here were (tepidly) positively inclined towards at least the first one, so it may be worth checking out.

DLH.net is giving away Two Worlds: Epic Edition along with the other freebies you get for having an account.

Games Rocket is giving away The Journey Down: Chapter 1 to anyone who signs up for their newsletter. Not a Steam key, I think. From what people were saying in this thread, it sounds like a decent adventure game.

Indie Gala is giving away Racer 8 if you join their Steam group, but the offer's been disappearing and reappearing intermittently throughout the day. Apparently it's shit, but at least you can sell the cards. Also, all of IG's bundles are 50% off at the moment.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dollar for Avadon 2's alright. Especially since Vogel only gets 9 cents of that assuming a normal split. Think of it less as buying a videogame and more as funding more of his blog posts.

I'm not sure if i even want to spend a dollar. I supported and bought the first Avadon and received a turd in wrapping instead of a cake.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I dunno...I completed MURI in one sitting with 100% rating on every single level.

It's not as frustrating and hard as many of the games it tries to emulate.

Beyond that, what Astral Rag said.

Astral Rag

Arcane
True, the game is on the easy side and it's pretty short.

I was also disappointed by the lack of music during gameplay, especially after hearing that awesome menu tune.

Still this dev clearly understands the games he's emulating, this is not some hipster retro BS but a game that feels like it could have been made in the early 90's.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
One more thing - for me the game would hang at the "MURI" window for a couple of minutes before finally starting up, with even Win7 going "This program has stopped responding" if I even dared click on it.

That's one thing the dev DID get right - you have to wait, pray and hope that your system can run the game.

Coyote

Arcane
Looks like Humble Bundle is on a different schedule this time:

Pay What You Want/$1 (Steam)
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Volgarr the Viking

$6
Twitch Turbo 30-Day Subscription
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
SpeedRunners (Early Access)
SpeedRunners - Youtuber Packs 1 & 2

$10
Escape Goat 2
XSplit Premium 3-Month Subscription

$30
T-shirts and shit

Turjan

Arcane
If you are into real horror, the newest Indiegala Hostile Bundle is so horrible, they give you two bundles for $1.49. Just go, look and cringe.

Dayyālu

Arcane
If you are into real horror, the newest Indiegala Hostile Bundle is so horrible, they give you two bundles for $1.49. Just go, look and cringe.

That's more than enough. Not the worst bundle ever in any case.

Hostile Waters is a nice, if limited, Battlezone/Uprising 2 style game. Good dubbing (I still remember the "HULL STRENGTH FALLING! of the enemy units and the hilariously wrong intro) and music, interesting gameplay. Pity of the lack of multiplayer destroyed it. 1,50 it's a good price for it alone.

Incoming Forces is a mediocre shooter.

Eurofighter is a solid 7/10 late '90 arcadey simulator.

For 1,50 bucks, that's more than enough. Not the worst bundle ever in any case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom