Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Turjan

Arcane
The already rumored Humble Sega Bundle is up.
https://www.humblebundle.com/

$1
Dreamcast Collection (contains Sonic Adventure DX, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 Part 2 and SEGA Bass Fishing)
NiGHTS Into Dreams
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
DLC only: Total War: Rome II - Caesar in Gaul
DLC only: Tactic DLC for Football Manager 2015

BTA
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West
Empire: Total War
... and more games coming soon

$12
Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai

Funny enough, the BTA is still falling at the moment. Currently at $3.27

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
For $1, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is a steal. it's actually a good game.
Yup, the game looks quite nice. Like a Mario Kart clone, which isn't the worst thing you can buy for a dollar.

Those DLCs are somewhat of a waste though. I'm sure they won't add those base games, because they want to sell more stuff in the Humble Store.

Caim

Arcane
For $1, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is a steal. it's actually a good game.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is a must have if only for the cameo by Segata Sanshiro, the manliest fucking mascot to ever walk this earth.

Played by Hiroshi "Rider 1" Fujioka, a man whose judo is so powerful landing a throw on you will make you explode... twice.

Multi-headed Cow

Played a tiny bit of Sanic. Even though I'm not big on kart racers (Basically Wacky Wheels and Revolt were it for me) and Sonic games are almost universally awful it's pretty fun. Appears to have a lot of different tracks, too. Haven't played enough to notice if there is any appreciable difference between the racers (I played TF2 because Cow is Russian princess (And I secretly hoped my racers would get hats)) but even if there isn't there's still a good pile of them for visual variety at the very least. Rest of the bundle basically just comes to +1s. Crazy Taxi would be alright but I heard this version is neutered and missing textures and songs because they no longer have the hot Pizza Hut license or some shit.

Since I've already got CoH2 I might BTA later to scoop up that DLC, especially if they add the kwan army too. Not much of a fan of CoH2 but basically $2 for the two DLC armies and maps is fine. I'm mildly interested in Rome 2 since I heard it's in semi-decent shape after patches, but like Turjan said there's no way in hell that's getting in the bundle. Probably just wait until it hits $10ish somewhere.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Dunno what the Sonic fetish is all about. Played the first Sonic the Hedgehog back on Genesis. It was okay. Milked to death just like Mario.

Caim

Arcane
Dunno what the Sonic fetish is all about. Played the first Sonic the Hedgehog back on Genesis. It was okay. Milked to death just like Mario.
Sonic's game design has been all over the place the last few years and fails to keep a consistent tone. This does not allow Team Sonic to find something that works and stick with it to iron out the flaws. There's been 2d running, 3d running, Super Mario Galaxy style gameplay, God of War type gameplay, linear design, branching paths so the game is only six levels long but almost as wide so you need to play it over and over to see all the levels. Open worlds to explore and filled with nothing. Copying the classic 3d platformers from the PS1 and PS2 but failing to copy the charm and fall flat on its face with loads of bugs.

It is a goddamn Greek tragedy.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Humble Bundle Store has a Black Friday sale. Loads of good deals, but the "4 Deus Ex titles for $8.24" might be of interest to people here.

Or maybe the "Risen franchise pack" for $10? (Risen 3 obviously NOT included.)

Might & Magix X for $6.24.

Tons more.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Thanks... although can't use Gabe buxxx... and no Russian pricing. Also it would appear no Steam key so fuck that.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Wow, I was expecting SEGA to add CoH 2 - US Forces to the BTA tier to complete the Western Front Armies expansion. Both armies bundled together on steam cost the same as each army separately.

So it would cost more to get OKW from hib and US from steam than getting them both from steam. Thankfully I didn't buy early.

Turjan

Arcane
Groupees sells a Meridian 4 10th anniversary bundle.

Bundle is a big word here, as you have to build it, and it's 45 games to choose from, which is the reason I won't list them. 33 cents a game, $9.95 for all 45. Most of them have already seen one or 10 bundle appearances.

When looking through the games I didn't know, I found this:

fKZOAzQ.jpg

They certainly try to sell some of their mediocre games.

Last edited:

Alchemist

Arcane
When looking through the games I didn't know, I found this:

fKZOAzQ.jpg

They certainly try to sell some of their mediocre games.
Salammbo - with art direction by the legendary comics artist Philippe Druillet (of Metal Hurlant / Heavy Metal fame). That actually would be damn cool to play a game in his kind of world - I might get that.

pippin

If you're into that sort of thing, then, grab Nikopol, based on the characters of Enki Bilal.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I enjoyed Amerzone, it's a very beautiful but short first person adventure game with art by Benoit Sokal. I had no idea it was available on Steam these days. According to what I read on the forums it's not some butchered android / ipad abomination like some other ports of ports (Dracula games) this publisher has put on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/302190/discussions/0/35221584439276783/
The cluelessness of that Meridian4 "developer".

Nikopol is alright but timed puzzles should be illegal.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Now we have the Killer Bundle für 4,49€:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
Demonicon: The Dark Eye
Pixel Piracy
Year Walk
Alone In The Dark
Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
Kraven Manor
FATE: The Cursed King
Loren The Amazon Princess
Real Boxing

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/killer-bundle/

Best price I've seen for the shitty mediocre TDE action RPG Demonicon* so far, and it also contains the Codex favorite "Loren" :D. I guess most people will have Stalker by now. Not too many reruns in there though, which is unusual for Bundle Stars nowadays.

*Regarding Demonicon, it's supposed to get "okay" after the first two hours. Or such I was told.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom