Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Citizens of Arstotzka!

There will be plenty of labor lotteries in the next 2 weeks. Line up in an orderly fashion and be ready to serve your glorious country.

Glory to Arstotzka!

Coyote

Arcane
The Humble Store is giving away Receiver for free today. It's a first-person shooter made by the Overgrowth guy as part of a 7-day challenge, featuring permadeath, randomized levels with drones and turrets as enemies, and three guns that are managed in more detail than in most FPSs (e.g., for the revolver there are separate buttons for pulling back the hammer, opening the cylinder, using the extraction rod, and inserting bullets).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Humble Bundle 12 unlocked its extra games - The Bridge (biggest Braid rip-off ever), Monaco and Race the Sun.

Here's my conundrum: Gone Home, Lüftrausers and Race The Sun... worth $8?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Humble bundle one is pretty good imo, with the exception of Going Home that should go to beg thread in some time.
Monaco is p good, Luftrausers, Race the sun and Papers Please make it a pretty good value. I got the 10 bucks version with Prison Architect.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Only things I wanted in that were the $1 tier stuff, Papers Please and PA. Had some of the other higher tier games/bonuses been worthwhile I'd have gone in for $10. Prison Architect looks good but I'm done playing Early Access games.

Caim

Arcane
Humble Weekly Bundle has Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut for $6. Is it as batshit crazy as I have heard, and worth this money?

And how about that $9 dollar game, which is supposed to be a callback to the Westwood games of old?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Is it as batshit crazy as I have heard, and worth this money?
yes and no. the game is actually pretty good if you like weird, despite shitty controls and whatnot, but the port is so motherfucking goddamn bad that it crashes every 20minutes or so.

pippin

24 hs left on Paper Sorcerer for a measly 0.99

Get it NAO!!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/papersorcerer_storefront

My antivirus said one of the files was infected - a trojan.
I checked the Steam forums, and it seems a common error, though it's not really a FP, but an actual virus. It's on the main game folder, and it's a duplicate of another file that's already in another folder of the game, so there will be no problems if you delete it.
It's an awesome game, btw :)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
The Weekly Humble Bundle for this week is: "Leading Ladies".

Lilly Looking Through
Ms. 'Splosion Man
The Cat Lady
Defender's Quest

Pay $6 or more and get:

Long Live The Queen
The Yawhg

Pay $10 or more to get:

Valdis Story: Abyssal City

It's late in the night for me, so I'm bound to piss off someone by my words ((un)intentionally), but someone has to say this:

I think this bundle is a terrible idea with Gamersgate riding as high as it does. The bundle is too likely to get dragged into it, taking the entire Humble Bundle site along with it.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ye, first thing I thought of when I saw the email was "Where is Depression Quest".
Also, not buying. Already got Ms. Splosion Man, rest I dont care about.

Coyote

Arcane
Green Man Gaming is apparently giving away Gun Monkeys, Canyon Capers, Sanctum, and an Eve Online 30-day trial if you sign up and opt in for their newsletter. IndieGala is also giving away Canyon Capers if you join their Steam group.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/breakthrough-bundle/
For €18,99 you can taste hueg amount of vapourware from Early Access including:
- Bedlam
- Dwelvers
- Calibre 10 Racing
- Shadow Blade: Reload
- GearCity
- From the Depths

Only Dwelvers looks cool cause it's like Dung Keeper but still Early Access. You may try demo.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom