Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh wow, they have Broforce with a discount of $1.50. Yes, only one fiddy off!

And Papers Please is still going for $6.66. The way this is going, that may be my only purchase from the Humble Blunder.

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh wow, they have Broforce with a discount of $1.50. Yes, only one fiddy off!

And Papers Please is still going for $6.66. The way this is going, that may be my only purchase from the Humble Blunder.
Yeah, I was like "Wow, BroForce on disco- oh wow, that's generous."

Pretty sure there'll be a dedicated BUNDLE for Broforce in three days when you'll be able to buy a copy for just 15 dollars, and a 3-pack for a low price of 63.95.

Don Peste

Arcane
https://www.paywuw.com/

$1
Incoming + Incoming Forces
CT Special Shit
Soulbringer
Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection

$4
Desert Thunder <--- 2003 ugly game??
Guilty Gear Isuka <--- $1 in Humble Bundle??? Who chose this tier?

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hammerwatch bundle earned 100000 bucks, showing that going on HB is like hitting a jackpot since HB fanboys will buy shit wrapped in tinfoil if it goes on a sale.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So the sale on the Humble Store is on the finish? Just that deals on the main page for day and 23h? They should learn something from Steam, like repeating all earlier deals.

Turjan

Arcane
So the sale on the Humble Store is on the finish? Just that deals on the main page for day and 23h? They should learn something from Steam, like repeating all earlier deals.
They do. They have a 48 hour repeat sale in the store. You can buy Hammerwatch again - for 1.49 euros. :troll:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They do. They have a 48 hour repeat sale in the store. You can buy Hammerwatch again - for 1.49 euros.
No thanks, I was looking for Metro LL Complete for 8 jewros. My wallet wasn't ready in time when that happened before.:(

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
:cry:

Seriously, though, I tried playing Both Metro 2033 and LL and I couldn't get more than three or four hours into them. Do they look pretty? Sure. However, the excessive scripting and constant breaks in between the action is severely annoying. LL I got as far as the bandit area. Two sections before that was the Reich area which was decent using stealth but immediately following that was a rip-off of Half Life's 2 ant-lion tunnels morass except instead of ant-lions they were spider crab thingies. You had to drive, get out go clear a road block, drive, get out go clear a road block. Shit like that coupled with repeated stretches of no action(walking through the populated stations) was dire. If they dispensed with all the cinematic shit the games would be fine.

504A887CE81F4AF10581F2E739AF9D9F099D700E

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
To be fair, in that screenshot it was entirely your choice whether you wanted to sit down and watch the show or not. :P

But I agree. The amount of times control was wrested away from the player was excessive in LL. Easy a third to half of the first hour is spent watching the game play itself and often this is in scenarios where the player could very easily have done it himself. I'm not averse to cinematic sections in games, provided they're not overly long, overly numerous and the player must always be in control. LL was guilty on all three counts.

I still finished the game and enjoyed most of it, but this was a major gripe for me. Thankfully most of the DLC missions did not do the same thing.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just posted for the lulz.

I dont know really, got em both with all dlc since long time ago but didnt got to play em. They are still on my "to play" list, but I always got stuck on some other game, like Trials Evo/Fusion on Xbox right now. Might start the first one this week, plus I wanted to check out Dead Island too. Thats another game thats been in my library for years.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The amount of times control was wrested away from the player was excessive in LL. Easy a third to half of the first hour is spent watching the game play itself and often this is in scenarios where the player could very easily have done it himself. I'm not averse to cinematic sections in games, provided they're not overly long, overly numerous and the player must always be in control. LL was guilty on all three counts.

Much better way of expressing my sentiments. Thanks.

Dead Island

Dead Island is okay. More fun in co-op, although I played the entire thing single player. I probably should have stopped after ten hours (goes on for about twentyish). Major problems: level scaling, pointless character progression, no fixed loot, copious amounts of craft-fodder items, little enemy variety, massive but bland 'open world,' etc. Techland has Hellraid and Dying Light coming up later in the year (maybe) -- the first is a reskinned/medieval Dead Island while the latter is a prettier/next gen Dead Island. So... at this point Dead Island might not be worth playing.

Angthoron

Arcane
CK and CK 2 pack today. Pay what you want for CK1, $8 for CK2, and $20 for all that and all the (cosmetic-only?) DLCs for CK2 apparently.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
CK and CK 2 pack today. Pay what you want for CK1, $8 for CK2, and $20 for all that and all the (cosmetic-only?) DLCs for CK2 apparently.

Like the Pay What You Want For Banner Saga bundle, where if you didn't want to pay above a certain amount you didn't actually get The Banner Saga.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom