Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It has an impressive first 30 minutes, than it declines into arguably Spider's most polished yet most boring game.

Also, it has BioWarian romances.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
What felipepe said. Mars: War Logs is arguably better if you're in the mood for a Spider game.

When you buy a game in a bundle like that, you do not 'support' it. Unless by 'support' you mean 'publisher can now brag how many copies they sold, while omitting how many of them were sold for 37 cents each'.

Humble Bundle allows you to set who gets what. I wish other bundle sites would do the same.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I actually beta-tested that one, and own it on my iPhone. It's essentially a TBS game centered around unit formations with Fire Emblem-like rock paper scissors balance (one unit fights better against a certain kind of unit while it gets owned by a third, with a few outliers like the archers who can't fight head to head but can do ranged damage). I think, while clunky, the tactics/level design behind it is solid but it plays like a mobile port. Buttons are too big, I believe I actually had to drag the screen to move through the fluff text with my mouse.

They might've fixed the UI but I dunno. Might be worth the $4 if you can stand it (I only got it for $1).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://groupees.com/the505
– Drakensang (Steam)
– Zipple World (Steam)
– City of Fools (Steam)
– Blaster Simulator (Steam)
– Math Mechanic (Itch.io + DRM-Free)
– The Archetype (Steam)
– 1st AGE
– Man Of Tomorrow (Original Soundtrack)

X1k4zRH.jpg

:deathclaw:

First Dorkensang is so boring the first recommended game below is Pillows of Ethernal :lol:

waitaminute
It's basically a less polished Neverwinter Nights 2 with a less familiar system. It's not bad, maybe get it on discount if you already have NWN2
:stupid:

Turjan

Arcane
https://groupees.com/the505
– Drakensang (Steam)
– Zipple World (Steam)
– City of Fools (Steam)
– Blaster Simulator (Steam)
– Math Mechanic (Itch.io + DRM-Free)
– The Archetype (Steam)
– 1st AGE
– Man Of Tomorrow (Original Soundtrack)

X1k4zRH.jpg

:deathclaw:

First Dorkensang is so boring the first recommended game below is Pillows of Ethernal :lol:

waitaminute
It's basically a less polished Neverwinter Nights 2 with a less familiar system. It's not bad, maybe get it on discount if you already have NWN2
:stupid:
You should probably mention that the price of this glorious bundle is 50 cents.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Drakensang is a boring game, but it's quite sad to see it like that, being sold alongside shitty mobile flash games, hidden object games and "muh-first-3D-game" shovelware for a few cents...

Even the trailer makes it look like absolute garbage.

Turjan

Arcane
Drakensang is a boring game, but it's quite sad to see it like that, being sold alongside shitty mobile flash games, hidden object games and "muh-first-3D-game" shovelware for a few cents...

Even the trailer makes it look like absolute garbage.
I agree. It's not particularly exciting, but I don't regret playing it and had no problems with finishing the game. And I have no qualms with just stopping if I find a game boring. The very end took a bit of persuasion.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I actually had some fun for the first 1-2 hours, happily excited by my huge character screen and all those The Dark Eye stats & skill... but then I started to notice that you never got to use them...

As MicoSelva said, "good systems, boring content".

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Drakensang is played strictly for the hot chicks. That said, it's a very "classical" game, as our review puts it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
$1
– Sacred 3 Gold
– Risen
– Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition
– Saints Row 2
– Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition

~$3.28
– Dead Island: Riptide – Complete Edition
– Killer is Dead – Nightmare Edition
– Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package
– 75% off Dead Island Definitive Edition

$13+
– Saints Row IV
– Risen 3 Titan Lords

Even single dorra for S3 is ripoff, game is massive garbage but I still wait for their new game (forgot the name now).

That promo for Dead Island Definitive Editon is weird? I mean - you have original game then you already have discount (iirc it's -85%?) which work for the next few weeks?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Actually that -75% is for Dead Island Definitive Edition Collection. BUT if you buy them separate (these Definitive one) on Steam when you get basic one - you will pay only $6, while this coupon let you do this for $10.
Whateve,r they're boring

Gord

Arcane
Lol, the Dead Island games are region locked and not available for me (not that I'm interested, but still).

Will probably pay one eurobuck for R1+2, however.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wow... Sacred 3 is even worse than I thought. Sympathies to anyone to pay more than $1 for it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sacred 3 is even worse than I thou
What's so bad about it? Was thinking of picking it up...
Console controls, plays horribly with M+K. Characters aren't very distinct. Each has a basic melee attack (except the one dude who has ranged) and two special attacks. There's like three or so different special attacks per slot but you have to level up to gain access to them so I can't really tell you how different they are from each other. It's just a very generic game with very shallow mechanics. The derpy humor is also insufferable at times.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeeesh, the only good game in that bundle is Rayman. Maybe Gunslinger but I never played it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom