Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Caim

Arcane
Far Cry 3 isn't that bad if you like open world games, shooting people in the face with arrows and causing situations where pirates get mauled to death by tigers.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
actually Far Cry 3 was great for what it stands for.
the villain and some of the missions were really cool
(burning down some weed plantages witha flamethrower while listening to noice dubstep)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Ubisoft games since FC3 is about driving to points on the map, doing stuff and filling progress bars.
Hunting for skins to increase wallet capability is not my idea of progress though...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Latest Weekly Bundle - "Make Your Move" Bundle

For a buck:

Frozen Synapse (DRM-Free)
Frozen Cortex
Lux Delux
Shattered Planet (DRM-Free)

Beat the Average (currently $5.06):

The Last Federation + Betrayal DLC (DRM-Free)
Reassmebly (DRM-Free)

Pay $15 or more:

Chaos Reborn
Big Pharma (DRM-Free)

All for Steam, plus the ones marked above as DRM-Free.

At least there are some DRM-free titles in this one.

Let me know if the Steam keys are for single titles or only for each payment tier.

gromit

Arcane
Let me know if the Steam keys are for single titles or only for each payment tier.
I can vouch for everything under $15: separate keys (well, one key for TLF+DLC but still.) Not a big deal but I should mention they're not including the free extra keys for Frozen Cortex; it activates as "Frozen Cortex 3rd party retail" or something.

So a Rayman report, because the $1 Ubi tier is fucking incredible if you don't own those (and fuck the rest of it.)

Post-install it doesn't seem to care if you're connected or uPlay is even running. BUT it won't uninstall uPlay without uninstalling Rayman... later I might back up the game folder and give it a shot.

pippin

Is Chaos Reborn that project made by J. Gollop?
Big Pharma looks like a fun corrupt megacorp sim. Might buy just to make medicines great again.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Frozen Synapse is p good as well. Will spend a dorra just so I can try out Frozen Cortex

I will give away my extra copy of Frozen Synapse to one of the downtrodden in the begging thread.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
IMHO Dropsy and Titan Souls are good, you can probably at least give them a try since you own them.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.humblebundle.com/

Ubishit bundle:

Pay what you want ($1 USD min for keys):
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Steam)
Grow Home (Steam)
Rayman Origins (Uplay)

Beat the average to get: (More games coming next week)

Far Cry 3 (Uplay)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China (Uplay)

Pay $15 USD or more to unlock:
Assassin's Creed Rogue (Uplay)
The Crew (Uplay)

Pay $75 USD or more to unlock:

Tom Clancy's The Division Pre-Order (Uplay)
Exclusive Tom Clancy's The Division T-shirt
66% off up to any three Ubisoft titles in the Humble Store coupon *
(excludes pre-orders, The Division, Rainbow 6 Siege, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Anno 2205)

Remember reading some good stuff about Call of Juarez? Worth a buck?

Don't really do uplay so the rest is rubbish.

They added Blood Dragon and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Martius

Liturgist
After playing both games I would advise playing just Blood Dragon. Its shorter and more focused without need to hunt for different wallets, weapons holster and so on.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
After playing Blood Dragon I would advise not playing any Far Cry game past 1. They're boring as sin.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
If you want an 80's feeling, just play Far Cry. Blood Dragon is nothing but pandering and super easy gameplay. For some reason, too, it's ridiculously quiet. It's very hard to hear anything going on in the game.

Dexter

Arcane
I got the last two "Humble Monthly" Bundles because $12 was the cheapest price you could get Alien: Isolation and ARK: Survival Evolved for. I mean Alien: Isolation is 12,49€ at 75% Off and ARK is 18,75€ at 33% Off in the Steam Sale alone. The other games are just like a nice Bonus. If you think the "Pre-Order game" is worth the price of the Bundle, just get it. Otherwise don't.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Humble Bundle presents - the GamePedia Bundle!

(wat)

For a buck:

Awesomenauts
Heroes & Generals (Early Access)
Dirty Bomb - Ultimate Starter Pack
30-Day Subscription to Curse Premium (whatever that is)
WildStar - Jumpstart Pack

Pay $5+ to get (no 'beat the average' this time):

Vertiginous Golf (4-Pack)
SMITE - Freyja + Pixel Buster Skin
Neverwinter - Humble Pirate Pack
War of the Vikings
Robocraft - Twin Robot Pack (Early Access)

Pay $12+ to get:

Dirty Bomb - Humble Bundle Loadout Cards & Case
Path of Exile - Arctic Crown + Cobra Pet
Life is Feudal: Your Own

Oh, and free add-on for Stronghold Kingdoms - claim your copy while the bundle lasts (next 2 weeks).

Only Vertiginous Golf is DRM-Free, otherwise everything is Steam except Neverwinter.

I don't even know where to start with this one. The gimmick with this one is that all of these titles also give you access to the official Wiki of the games...as if that's a selling point.

I'm not touching this one.

EDIT: Error fixed. My bad.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
For people using Bundle Stars:

Password Reset Alert - February 2016

We have noticed attempts to access Bundle Stars customer accounts by entering, what we believe to be, stolen email address and password combinations, so we have taken the precaution of resetting all user passwords across the website. Customers’ financial information, such as PayPal, credit or debit card details is not stored on the Bundle Stars website, so has NOT been compromised and is not at risk.

We realise that you may have questions, so we will update this list of FAQs as necessary.

How do I know if my account has been accessed?

We think it is likely that customer accounts that have been accessed were a result of an individual or individuals obtaining a list of compromised accounts stolen from other websites. If you have registered an account on Bundle Stars, and have not used a unique email/password combination, then there is a possibility that your account could have been accessed. By 'unique' we mean that the email/password combination used for your Bundle Stars account has not been used for any other accounts you may have.

We have taken the step to reset all user passwords to ensure the security of all of our users.

More at the link: https://support.bundlestars.com/hc/en-us/articles/206997839-Password-Reset-Alert-February-2016

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
New Weekly Bundle - The Orbyt Bundle!

Pay what you want to get:

INK
Speedrunners (Early Access)
Divekick

BTA (currently $3.16) to get:

Grim Fandango Remastered
Dead State: Reanimated

Pay $8+ to get:

Party Hard

And then lots more for a T-Shirt.

All because of this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom