Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Part III Released

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
They were hinting at it with VH2's lvl 1-60 or 31-60 progression. The system was meant to scale up over the course of the trilogy. The natural conclusion would have featured a 61-90 progression with new tiers of items.

Instead, we got a smattering of lvl 1-30 items for the new classes and nothing for lvl 60 characters to play with. I'm not saying it's the worst game in the world, or that it's not worth the $14.99, but it's a cash-in. They released what they could in the hopes that it would pay the bills until they could release what they wanted to, all along; a fully fleshed out, 6-class ARPG with lvl 1-100 progression and proper itemization.

I'm excited for the FC.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ye, I got it cause I owned all 3 before.
Probably will get to it tonight if I got the time.
Should be fucking massive now cause they put all 3 games into 1.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just bought this on GOG. I had the Steam version when it was released, but I got fed up with the style of gameplay. Anyone tell me how the levelling works? I wasn't paying attention and downloaded the 1st game as the 'complete pack' but now I realise I've got the 'Final Cut'.

So how do they handle XP over the three games? Are you capped in the first and second one, as there was something about a level 100 cap?. Thanks.

I miss manuals.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Apparently it's better to buy the games individually than getting the Final Cut, as the third game significantly dumbs down the classes etc. and is retroactively imposed on the previous games.

So you buy the first game and the DLCs, and the second game and skip the DLCs.

Currently 90% off; very much worth it.

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/34522/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/272470/The_Incredible_Adventures_of_Van_Helsing_II/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom