Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The great smiley reform act of 2013

Codex is an ok place, but Jim the Dinosaur is an extremely crappy poster, right?

• Yes

Votes: 105 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 52 17.0%
  • KC

Votes: 149 48.7%

• Total voters

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
:hmmm::what:
I can't imagine the Codex without these two.

:youreafag:
Just fucking embarrassing, the shittest gif ever made. Anyone who find this funny should die of dysentary.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
8MkxgGd.gif
8MkxgGd.gif
8MkxgGd.gif

8MkxgGd.gif
8MkxgGd.gif
8MkxgGd.gif

St. Toxic

Arcane
Emotes and emote format shared by both communities: :hug::cry::salute::roll::lol::stupid::M:obviously: :o :? :/ :oldschoolmad:

Some of the more useful additions:
aiee.gif
icon_blowme.gif
icon_hahano.gif
icon_no.gif
icon_chew.gif
fight.gif
che.gif
gnasher.gif
angry.gif
icon_sadblinky.gif
icon_yes.gif
jerk.gif
icon_drunk.gif
icon_google.gif
glasses.gif

It's possible, of course, that users of Codexia lack the full range of emotions necessary to fully utilize all of these. Perhaps posting

:youreafag: over and over really is enough.

imweasel

Most of them are fine. My suggestion would be to put the small smileys at the top and the larger ones at the bottom of the list.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Create a sticky thread in feedback forum and put all the giant smileys there, people that wants to use them can just copy-paste them whenever needed. Keep the smiley tab for the smaller ones or use it for the smileys that are used most.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
what do you think of troll-ified smileys? i made these. im not completely happy about them, but i could make them a little better.

re-posting from secret forum

i made these codex troll smileys for fun. maybe they're too gay. if it's a good idea I can edit them after suggestions.
most are essentially the normal yellow ones turned reddish.

zc4Qidj.png

NktJMtA.png

NVWyqa7.png

59PPAWd.png

BiOdNlJ.png

pZSZ2bj.png

KKL7zVp.png

uJx3qBj.png

xiUVBBe.png

8qg8BHD.png

g5O2JnS.png

YKKll0O.png

St. Toxic

Arcane
I see one emote made it in. That's great, really terrific. :hahano: I still think :gnasher: and :aiee: are too useful to be left out. Also, :sadblinky: by far outshines the regular :( and :cry: and could easily replace both of them.

Also, Zed , I really like the effort, but in my opinion the troll gets too much exposure as it is. The more :obviously: mascots don't expose themselves unless it's in connection with some prestigious new material, which I think is an attitude that would suit Codex just fine; i.e having the troll head official articles and the like, but little else. Seeing trolls constantly in every post, particularly in shitty ones, does a lot to depreciate the mascot's value.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Also, Zed , I really like the effort, but in my opinion the troll gets too much exposure as it is. The more :obviously: mascots don't expose themselves unless it's in connection with some prestigious new material, which I think is an attitude that would suit Codex just fine; i.e having the troll head official articles and the like, but little else. Seeing trolls constantly in every post, particularly in shitty ones, does a lot to depreciate the mascot's value.
yeah, I agree with this sentiment.

I think yellow smileys are fugly, though. they pop out too much.
I would prefer something that blends better with the default theme of the website
wYqr7Ja.png

EDIT: that was too dark
4UM2UiT.png

EDIT: hmm a little too dark still
ok, something like this
Bh0F4ew.png

EDIT: slightly adjusted
qPULFzf.png

I just want to bring all the regular "just a face"-smileys to the same proportions and style
IJkLnXy.png
(ok, that one needs work, but you get the idea) edit:
uCoMu8Z.png

edit: once you pop you cant stop
Hk30cWC.png

edit: okay I'm done now
MkzdOVn.png

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
:obviously: vs
MkzdOVn.png

which one is most monocle?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I can easily edit color or whatever too, to the codex' preference.
mMALP3t.png

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Lame. Just keep the yellow ones.
why lame, if they're essentially the same but less intrusive on the reading?
y8XsP7P.png
DHQlDIk.png
zs8ly8c.png

same shit as any smileys. people who care turn them off anyway.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Lame. Just keep the yellow ones.
why lame, if they're essentially the same but less intrusive on the reading?
y8XsP7P.png
DHQlDIk.png
zs8ly8c.png

same shit as any smileys. people who care turn them off anyway.
Precisely because they're "less intrusive on the reading". I don't agree with you that smileys should blend into the background.
what about uniformity? certainly not applicable to all smileys, but still.

look at spacing in this
look at :retarded: spacing in this
look at spacing in this

vs

look at spacing in this
look at :) spacing in this
look at spacing in this

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't think spacing's been much of a problem so far. But hey sure, go ahead and make smaller versions of the bigger smilies if you're so inclined. I'm just not sure they're going to look as good. I mean, it's not easy to beat this: :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom