Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The great smiley reform act of 2013

Codex is an ok place, but Jim the Dinosaur is an extremely crappy poster, right?

• Yes

Votes: 105 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 52 17.0%
  • KC

Votes: 149 48.7%

• Total voters

Helton

Arcane
We support Jim in his crusade against shit. Salute!

bee-tee-dubs, will we ever get the OLD rage emoticon back? This new shit needs to go.

kazgar

Arcane
What's so great about this poll is that even people voting yes aren't actually sure what they're voting for. 'Smiley reform?' could actually end up being more smileys they don't like, as the question is open ended and therefore at the whim of DarkUnderlord

I for one, await our new smiley overlords.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Have the words 'kerfuffle' and 'boondoggle' been used on the Codex before this post, and if so, how many times?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
:youreafag:
This is pure awesome. Period.

:dead:
This describes all the fucking rape of asshole Publishers of old cRPG franchises. It is perfect.

:notsureifserious:
Never liked this one.

:what:
This IS the codex.

:necro:
This one is shit and needs to be removed.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
IMO, definitely purge:

:notsureifserious::youreafag::dead:

And maybe purge:
:necro::cmcc::kwanzania:(or the other redundant fatkwan)

If you were in a really purge-y mood, there are other fairly redundant ones that could be removed (replaced with the ones they're redundant with so posts still make sense), but for the most part they're not too bad.

I do sort of miss some of the Codex troll emotes that got removed, but I have most of them saved on my HDD, so it doesn't really make a difference to me. Feel free to bring back the one in my avatar though, I never meant my complaining to get it removed (should have remembered DU's djinn-like nature), just to get a one-time re-enabling of custom avatar so I could switch to one that I was happy sticking with and wasn't an emote. I don't need the Dex to lose an emote just so I can feel speshul.

:youreafag:
This is pure awesome. Period.
You have successfully moved Jaesun into BroList probation.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Stfu LundB
It is awesome because it describes Jaesun perfectly.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the normal emotes have a charm in their terribleness. Like the smiling face is so disarmingly friendly looking, it contrasts so heavily with the rest of the codex, which is what it should do as a smiling face.

Also, the bird is awesome, fuck all you guys.

mondblut

Arcane
So it comes to "remove everything but X, X I do like".

Screw that. Remove everything* which is not a smiley. If you are too lazy to write an oneliner, at least make an effort to attach your stupid imagemacro manually. Providing them as smileys is popamole handholding decline akin to quest compass. I do keep a small personal library of post-worthy images myself (such as the monty python double facepalm one I post semi-often) instead of begging DU to add them to smileys, are others too dumb to do likewise or something?

(except the retardo smiley and the smug variations. they are real smileys after all, not random "memes" stolen from 4chan)

(and yes, it includes codex trolls. put them in the fucking image gallery or something)

Smiles that need to go:

:);):(:mad::?:cool::P:D:eek::oops::roll:o_O:dead:

I can agree to these. Those small tiny emoes are too hipster and chatty to deserve a place at the Codex. The pigeon is of the same crime. It's not Codexian like other bigger stuffs.

Agreed, I think they're dissonant with the Codex's atmosphere and fail to appeal to the Codex's internal memes. The trolls are much better for that.

I even have ideas for some trolls, if I only knew how to drawn...

DefJam101

Arcane
Troll_10.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom