Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The great smiley reform act of 2013

Codex is an ok place, but Jim the Dinosaur is an extremely crappy poster, right?

• Yes

Votes: 105 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 52 17.0%
  • KC

Votes: 149 48.7%

• Total voters
Voting's anonymous to avoid voter intimidation. Codex is an ok place, but the smileys are extremely crappy, either it's shitty emoticons like :oops:, I mean c'mon who'd show that to their uncle on christmas? Or it's those shitty big things that are funny for one day maybe, I mean let people look up their hilarious pictures online, they only get lazy this way. Dac should show the way, you even already have a couple: :cry::salute: and some more. They perfectly enforce the point being made by the poster. So, more of those, and scrap the rest.

I mean these ones, c'mon::youreafag::dead::notsureifserious::what:

mck

Cipher
youreafag.gif

douche chills

I agree with the first three smilies, but the last one is an indispensable tool for GD threads.

Yeah, but see that's how they keep us divided, everytime somebody has their own pet favorite giant smiley which justifies all the other ones. That's why the great smiley reform act of 2013 is necessary.

This is the Dex, KTHXBYE

Yeah, but see that's how they keep us divided.

kazgar

Arcane
Good to see this months smiley argument thread just scraped in, was worried we weren't going to have one for August.

Who's turn is it for September? Can they please wait until at least the 15th to spread them out.

Thanks

Dac poses no danger bro, just need to hold your breath, go over to the fetid corpse and pry out its golden tooth of smileys.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Codex really has some shitty extremely situational emotes. Stuff like that should be left to img hosting

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The fag one is annoying. Can't stand that woman's face. So fucking annoying.

In before:
:youreafag:

Voted no because fuck Jim the Dinosaur.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I think it's important for those who are going to vote in this poll, that they be made aware of the facts during this election campaign.

I mean these ones, c'mon: :youreafag:
81 uses.

89 uses.

389 uses.

5,536 uses.

The first two were only implemented in April this year, averaging 16 uses per month. While "what" has been around for three years receiving 153 uses per month, and the phrase "notsureifserious" has been used as far back as 2009 - but wasn't a smiley until last year - keeping its monthly usage around 20 to 30.

That all compares to :mhd: 1,262 uses in 5 years, which sees an average of 21 uses per month.

Don't listen to Jim the Dinosaur's scare campaign. It's only full of misinformation and lies.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Just because lots of people use something doesn't mean it's not shit. See: Game industry.

Also, few if any of the MHD smiley's uses were people complaining that it's shit, unlike the notsureifsrs and you'reafag ones. WtfamIreading on the other hand, deserves to stay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom